Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I think we all know the political game of chess has started.  Just got to hope that the Queen and the Pawn are controlled by the right 'player'.

If not then checkmate could well turn into 'cheque' mate as we go down the legal route against a backdrop of a broken chess board with nobody interested in watching it.    O0

I suspect theres just been a meeting or chat about transfers, probably amicable. Where Ashley/ Carr have expressed a wish to buy in Younger talent, so we get the benefit of their motivation, resale value- commitment to actually try and also listen to the manager.

Rafa  agreed, and said thats how he would like to build a club- but- a squad needs a few old heads, with a bit of experience when needed. be it to come in during injuries, or when the younger players have lost their way in a game/ run of games. And right on cue- Murphy steps up to make the point.

and also that the benefit of this experience and help to the younger players, will only improve their development and subsequent value to us first and others if we sell on..

Everyone went away happy.

Or they all had a massive row and Rafa's leaving forever and everyones gonna die  :frantic:

Rafa had worst things to cope with when at Real. President like a bitch, players acting like divas. He could cope now maybe until the end of the season. Just hope Carr has a massive Kinnear-like health problem that would put him away from the club for good.

:lol:

You realize that will only see the re-appearance of Dennis Wise or Kinnear as replacement, right? Ashley seems to not have any mates in football who are actually modern and intelligent.

He'll take us up out of a loyalty he sees to the fans and then walk in the summer if they're pulling this s*** again.

Pardew back.

If Ashley did that, I would NEVER cross the portals of SJP again...even if they got Mourinho to take over after ANOTHER relegation battle.

The club would be a joke and quite rightly the butt of every fan in the UK.

If Rafa leaves because of interference, it should be total war against Ashley until he leaves.

You always say everything overboard when it comes to football.

Apropos of nothing in particular, I love this man.

Oddly enough, I'm not really enjoying the football that much this season even though we are top. We have looked efficient rather than dominant, but then Rafa's obviously more bothered about doing the right things and doing them his way rather than putting on a show. We aren't going to see the best of Rafa's methods until we go up and we start putting better quality players into the starting eleven. I think the football will hit another level then.

Oddly enough, I'm not really enjoying the football that much this season even though we are top. We have looked efficient rather than dominant, but then Rafa's obviously more bothered about doing the right things and doing them his way rather than putting on a show. We aren't going to see the best of Rafa's methods until we go up and we start putting better quality players into the starting eleven. I think the football will hit another level then.

I still remember the last 5 years of shit, i'm happy to be winning games and not going in at half time 2-0 down and only having a series of increasingly bizarre substitutions invariably involving a left back to look forward to.

The entertainers days are long gone Rafa is a completely different type of manager to say Keegan and Robson, the trade off for football which isn't as exciting is a better organised side who will concede less.

Also the relative resources the managers I mentioned worked under appear to be complete different as well.

I still remember the last 5 years of shit, i'm happy to be winning games and not going in at half time 2-0 down and only having a series of increasingly bizarre substitutions invariably involving a left back to look forward to.

Yeah, Rafa is exactly what we need and have done for a long time now. He's the complete opposite of Pardew, absolutely knows his own mind and absolutely NOT talking shit. He's the Pardew antidote basically.