Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Complete bottler at home.

It's not that, his rigid tactics away work as it all about shape, defensive cohesion and hard work.

At home it's awful and looks poor (at times). He needs to be more flexible but what do we know, we just watch it.

We should be set up to batter teams at home. We're the best side in the league and should behave like it at home. Instead teams like Bristol City come here and take something away.

I do agree but this is Rafa style, he's not keen on allowing players too much freedom to stamp themselves on games. When it fails it looks like it does today. He needs to look at it but he won't, he won't doubt his methods.

Doubled by Fulham in the Championship. Got to be a low mark on his CV, that.

Still though, he won't change anything, it either starts working somehow or we end up in the playoffs

Fulham play decent football. Blackburn doing the double is way worse.

Jesus christ i'd forgot about that.  :lol:

Doubled by Fulham in the Championship. Got to be a low mark on his CV, that.

Still though, he won't change anything, it either starts working somehow or we end up in the playoffs

Fulham play decent football. Blackburn doing the double is way worse.

I'd be a bit concerned that we keep struggling to impose ourselves at home whoever the opposition. Considering this is the fucking championship.

Guest firetotheworks

The loss is bad, the reaction in here will be worse, and it'll be a total cringe festival.

And we'll have people on their high horses like yourself who will just post in here to say stuff like this.

Not going on like a flannel about the last person to blame isn't the same as being on your high horse Neesy, learn the difference.

Guest palnese

Unless we win a trophy under him ( :yao: ) I don't think I'll ever love him like Keegan or SBR. Yeah, he "gets it" and that's refreshing and he clearly is a lovely man, but his football... Argh.

The loss is bad, the reaction in here will be worse, and it'll be a total cringe festival.

And we'll have people on their high horses like yourself who will just post in here to say stuff like this.

Not going on like a flannel about the last person to blame isn't the same as being on your high horse Neesy, learn the difference.

:lol:

Rafa is the first person to blame today.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38]

Of course he is, January didn't happen.

[emoji38]

Stop deflecting away from what we are discussing.  Of course the lack of backing in January is a long term problem which will have contributed, but Rafa is 100% to blame for the approach today.

[emoji38]

A factor but i'm not sure January has anything to do with long ball aimless football played today like.

Just leaving the ground now. Needs to stop the negative, tactical rubbish at home and start on the front foot. Tactics weren't the only reason we lost today, a lot of pathethetic individual performances (Lascelles, Anita, Colback, Shelvey, Diame, Gayle) but they're not helping.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38]

Stop deflecting away from what we are discussing.  Of course the lack of backing in January is a long term problem which will have contributed, but Rafa is 100% to blame for the approach today.

I'm not deflecting at all, if you don't think it's a major contributor to the approach that he has then fair enough. To me it's obvious.

[emoji38]

I'm not deflecting at all, if you don't think it's a major contributor to the approach that he has then fair enough. To me it's obvious.

I have said it contributes, but it is by no means as significant as what he chooses to do.  You can't just dismiss his awful tactics cos we didn't get Townsend.  He has to utilise the players he actually has at his disposal better than he is doing.  Today, he fucked up.

The tactics at home are hampering us as much as they're benefiting us away from home tbh. I've said it before though, and I'll say it again. This group of players we have are limited to say the least, barring 3 or 4.

But, but, we didn't sign 2 players in January so the home tactics are not a problem.

From what I've seen you set yourself up to beat the last two teams by allowing them to have the ball and be passive. It worked. I doubt those were the tactics today but maybe they've been a bit too well ingrained. Fulham pass the ball well and are very good on the counter. I saw them away at QPR when they should have pissed it and proved it today. Once you went behind they were always going to catch you. Rafa probably saw a chance to keep the game tight at the start, be compact, invite them on to you. But it clearly didn't work. FWIW I think Fulham will go up as they're on a rare run of form.

Your home form is a worry. What I don't see is how you will change it, until he gets Hayden back. But earlier in the season when you went on a roll Colback played some didn't he? And Gouffran? If your players are as bad as some of you make out, do you really want to be piling on to team and risk getting caught? Because it seems being caught on the counter is a real issue for your team, and it's clear Rafa is aware of it. Changing formation would a bit of a desperate thing to do at this stage, when you're still well in control.

From what I've seen you set yourself up to beat the last two teams by allowing them to have the ball and be passive. It worked. I doubt those were the tactics today but maybe they've been a bit too well ingrained. Fulham pass the ball well and are very good on the counter. I saw them away at QPR when they should have p*ssed it and proved it today. Once you went behind they were always going to catch you. Rafa probably saw a chance to keep the game tight at the start, be compact, invite them on to you. But it clearly didn't work. FWIW I think Fulham will go up as they're on a rare run of form.

Your home form is a worry. What I don't see is how you will change it, until he gets Hayden back. But earlier in the season when you went on a roll Colback played some didn't he? And Gouffran? If your players are as bad as some of you make out, do you really want to be piling on to team and risk getting caught? Because it seems being caught on the counter is a real issue for your team, and it's clear Rafa is aware of it. Changing formation would a bit of a desperate thing to do at this stage, when you're still well in control.

Pretty much spot on tbh. Fulham are a far better footballing team than us. Touch, vision, application, different level to us. If he's going to persist with this formation at home, effectively playing with 10 men based on Diames non performance today, we'd be just as well soaking up pressure and hitting teams on the break at SJP.