Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I want to know why there were so many changes, why we were so lacklustre and low on quality and effort, why he thought those subs made sense and what he's going to do about our form which has us nosediving into the playoffs as things stand. All valid criticisms IMO.

That said, anyone calling for his head or comparing him to Pardew can go play with the traffic.

I want to know why there were so many changes, why we were so lacklustre and low on quality and effort, why he thought those subs made sense and what he's going to do about our form which has us nosediving into the playoffs as things stand. All valid criticisms IMO.

That said, anyone calling for his head or comparing him to Pardew can go play with the traffic.

:thup: Yup. One can actually catch something rotten just reading some of the stupidity in this thread.

There was absolutely no need to make any changes on the back of our best performance in 2017.

How on Earth can the likes of Mbemba and Mitro find any sort of form if they are hauled out of the starting 11 after a promising performance?

Guest ElCid

I keep saying this he is not a god like some on here think he is. His team selection and tactics since Christmas have been questionable although some on here think you can't. I had some on here saying you can't question his decisions yes you can and should. The performances and tactics since the turn of the year have been woeful and anyone who thinks different is just plainly blinkered. You do not make 5 changes in the space of 3 days especially when for one of the only times this year the performance was decent.

Spot on Dave.  Especially your first point,  no need to drop Mbemba and Mitro after Fridays decent performance. Not like they've been playing week in week out.

Terrible team selection and subs today, loss very much on him and the players of course for their complete lack of fight. Queue the rallying calls in the chronicle, for the next week.

Guest firetotheworks

While I think Rafa should have done better in certain situations, I really think people don't appreciate just how poor these players are minus Gayle, Shelvey and Ritchie. People go on like he should be getting more out of the team, when it's clear that our defense is pitiful, and our replacement attacking players apart from Gayle are completely useless in terms of scoring goals.

Yout think Huddersfield, Reading etc have a better squad than us?

Yeah, I do. I think we have better players at full strength because of individuals, but when they're injured, the players behind them are useless. Look at the difference between Clark and Gayle being in and out of the team.

Guest palnese

While I think Rafa should have done better in certain situations, I really think people don't appreciate just how poor these players are minus Gayle, Shelvey and Ritchie. People go on like he should be getting more out of the team, when it's clear that our defense is pitiful, and our replacement attacking players apart from Gayle are completely useless in terms of scoring goals.

Yeah, I do. I think we have better players at full strength because of individuals, but when they're injured, the players behind them are useless. Look at the difference between Clark and Gayle being in and out of the team.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/06/opinionated.gif

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/06/opinionated.gif

Indeed.

I keep saying this he is not a god like some on here think he is. His team selection and tactics since Christmas have been questionable although some on here think you can't. I had some on here saying you can't question his decisions yes you can and should. The performances and tactics since the turn of the year have been woeful and anyone who thinks different is just plainly blinkered. You do not make 5 changes in the space of 3 days especially when for one of the only times this year the performance was decent.

Yep, having so much data can backfire in that he can over-analysis things.

I also think he's too obsessed with the systematic nature that he wants his team to play within. When I says obsessed, it's not a cliche - I think he finds it extremely difficult to test anything too radical outside his baseline formation and tactics.

Baffling day.

Baffled by why 5 changes. Baffled by the lack of motivation. Baffled by some of the subs. But also baffled at some of the OTT distain for Rafa.

He deserves criticism for today (I can't work it out) but my god, some of the comments. We've been in bad form but we're looking at automatic promotion bar a total collapse. And we won't collapse.

We're looking a little bit collapse-y right now like

Baffling day.

Baffled by why 5 changes. Baffled by the lack of motivation. Baffled by some of the subs. But also baffled at some of the OTT distain for Rafa.

He deserves criticism for today (I can't work it out) but my god, some of the comments. We've been in bad form but we're still looking at automatic promotion bar a total collapse. [And we won't collapse.

Are you like, not watching? The gaps gone.  :lol: