Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Reckon it's quite possibly all down to that Barnes bloke myself. The money might well be there but if some random cunt suddenly starts throwing his oar in then it's not the same situation.

Cue Alan Barnes post.

1ub85h.jpg

Not convinced Ashley will be happy with being shown up for being a liar like.

It's never bothered him previously.

Disagree, he's very thin-skinned when it comes to legitimate and pointed criticism. He'll have sat back after that Sky interview thinking all was well, clearly Rafa isn't in the mood to move on just yet.

I'm not worried like I used to be, but this isn't going to go away.

Oh yeah, I meant more that'd it stop he doing it in future. See: everytime he's opened his mouth for evidence.

Rafa keeps mentioning 'just concentrating on the team' whenever he's asked about Ashley recently. Makes me wonder whether that's what Ashley has told him to do i.e. butt out of all other matters.

Reckon it's quite possibly all down to that Barnes bloke myself. The money might well be there but if some random cunt suddenly starts throwing his oar in then it's not the same situation.

Possibly, if so then he's only doing Ashleys bidding for him though.

Rafa keeps mentioning 'just concentrating on the team' whenever he's asked about Ashley recently. Makes me wonder whether that's what Ashley has told him to do i.e. butt out of all other matters.

I thought this from his interview the other day. He's saying it in a pointed way too.

I thought this from his interview the other day. He's saying it in a pointed way too.

Yeah, exactly. He looks like he's fuming when he says it too.

Ashley has a vendetta against the fans. He's been taking the p*ss since Keegan left.

Aye i've been saying this for years.  He blatantly cried himself to sleep a few times when the "fat cockney b******" chants started.  He's been on a mission to bleed the club dry and p*ss the fans off ever since.  Fair play to him, he's doing a good job.

Gan on Rafa:

This is absolutely gangster. I fucking love this man. For all those years of Pardew and McClaren, of JFK and Carver, we finally have a man in there with a spine, self-respect, and on the fans' side.

Gan on Rafa:

This is absolutely gangster. I fucking love this man. For all those years of Pardew and McClaren, of JFK and Carver, we finally have a man in there with a spine, self-respect, and on the fans' side.

2min 10 secs in.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/benitez-pre-huddersfield-a-media-briefing-17-18

Again, the quote seems much milder in context.

Ashley has a vendetta against the fans. He's been taking the p*ss since Keegan left.

Aye i've been saying this for years.  He blatantly cried himself to sleep a few times when the "fat cockney b******" chants started.  He's been on a mission to bleed the club dry and p*ss the fans off ever since.  Fair play to him, he's doing a good job.

He's actually gone one further and hypnotised a decent portion of the fanbase into believing him and accepting his way of doing things. He is actively making us a small club and a lot of our fans are either oblivious to it, or are ok with it.

If we are 1st or 17th, he is not bothered, as long as we're in the Premier League. The most popular league in the world, the perfect place to advertise his company, and he will do it with as little expenditure as he can. The only time any significant cash see's the light of day is when the threat of the Championship looms, with the money McClaren got a necessity due to season after season of under investment. I'm sure we once went 18th months without signing anyone permanent.

He knows he's unpopular and he knows he gets called names. This is his payback. Making us a thoroughly mediocre club that is fast losing its identity. Rafa is a world class manager, but even he will struggle to turn us around when this bloke is running Newcastle. 

He's actually gone one further and hypnotised a decent portion of the fanbase into believing him and accepting his way of doing things. He is actively making us a small club and a lot of our fans are either oblivious to it, or are ok with it.

If we are 1st or 17th, he is not bothered, as long as we're in the Premier League. The most popular league in the world, the perfect place to advertise his company, and he will do it with as little expenditure as he can. The only time any significant cash see's the light of day is when the threat of the Championship looms, with the money McClaren got a necessity due to season after season of under investment. I'm sure we once went 18th months without signing anyone permanent.

He knows he's unpopular and he knows he gets called names. This is his payback. Making us a thoroughly mediocre club that is fast losing its identity. Rafa is a world class manager, but even he will struggle to turn us around when this bloke is running Newcastle.

This is the worst thing for me.  A lot of fans fail to see how great this club could be if it was ran with ambition.

As much as I despise the fat prick, the only way we're becoming 'great' again is by being bought by someone with the mega-wonga. If Ashley ran us like a proper club I'm sure there's be canny cup runs and the 5000/1 chance of a Leicester, but the PL is geared against us doing anything else.

Genuinely think even peak Ashley would struggle to have us as top 7 regulars. Sad.

As much as I despise the fat prick, the only way we're becoming 'great' again is by being bought by someone with the mega-wonga. If Ashley ran us like a proper club I'm sure there's be canny cup runs and the 5000/1 chance of a Leicester, but the PL is geared against us doing anything else.

Genuinely think even peak Ashley would struggle to have us as top 7 regulars. Sad.

That post just reminded me of Ashley's answer to the Leicester question on his propaganda broadcast [emoji38]

Guest firetotheworks

I'm in two minds. Think back to the quality in that 12-13 squad but with Rafa as manager, bringing in players that are at the same level as Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Debuchy, Ben Arfa, Enrique, Coloccini etc but that are all players that he wants and who work within his system. On that basis I think we'd definitely be in and around Everton tbh.

I'm in two minds. Think back to the quality in that 12-13 squad but with Rafa as manager, bringing in players that are at the same level as Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Debuchy, Ben Arfa, Enrique, Coloccini etc but that are all players that he wants and who work within his system. On that basis I think we'd definitely be in and around Everton tbh.

That's when we should've went for him (Rafa, that is). Pardew had us confirming survival in the penultimate game at QPR thanks to Bosingwa after 2 consecutive humiliations at home, we had a team with some quality (Cabaye, Ben Arfa) and all it needed was some players of their ilk and strength in depth. Rafa left Chelsea at the end of that season. Shame, really.

Valid point, although bringing in even Cabaye & Ben Arfa would set you back an outrageous amount now. PL clubs are rightly being milked.

Everton are going to struggle to break into the top 5 massively, even with their investment, which has largely been funded by another ridiculous sale.

I could be imagining it but didn't a Liverpool fan (Dom?) post something about this when he either first joined or signed back on after relegation? Could've sworn someone warned us that he started coming out with similar comments when he started getting screwed by the Liverpool board?

I could be imagining it but didn't a Liverpool fan (Dom?) post something about this when he either first joined or signed back on after relegation? Could've sworn someone warned us that he started coming out with similar comments when he started getting screwed by the Liverpool board?

Liverpool's co-owner Tom Hicks has told Rafael Benítez to stop talking about the January transfer window and "concentrate on the games coming up". Benítez launched a thinly-veiled warning at Hicks and George Gillett during a press conference at the club's Melwood training ground yesterday' date=' in which he repeated the phrase "I am focused on training and coaching my team" 15 times.[/quote']

I believe he also wore a tracksuit to a PL game at the time, when as we all know he's a three piece suit man.

Found this when searching for posts regarding the Rafa quote above. This was after Liverpool absolutely pummelled us under Allardyce in late '07. Seems very similar.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,45262.175.html

Found this in that thread.

my opinion is that the game was gone. every now and again you get a match when absolutely nothing goes right for you. i remember Fulham beating you lot at St James a few years ago 4-1, and nothing went right for Newcastle that day. well, we had a similar time at Reading on Saturday. maybe it was strange taking Torres and Gerrard off, but, i can see why he did it.

i do find it hilarious though that some of you seem obsessed with taking the p*ss out Benitez, when your manager is a fat useless moron who has won the sum total of f*** all, plays a cross between football and rugby league, while Rafa has won a European Cup, been to another European Cup final, won an FA cup and we have lost once in the league in 8 months.

Some of you lot taking the p*ss out of Rafa? Disappointed.  :huff:

Liverpool's co-owner Tom Hicks has told Rafael Benítez to stop talking about the January transfer window and "concentrate on the games coming up". Benítez launched a thinly-veiled warning at Hicks and George Gillett during a press conference at the club's Melwood training ground yesterday' date=' in which he repeated the phrase "I am focused on training and coaching my team" 15 times.[/quote']

I believe he also wore a tracksuit to a PL game at the time, when as we all know he's a three piece suit man.

:thup: