Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest neesy111

Worried after that interview like. It's so clear how much he doesn't want to talk about / talk to Ashley.

I think he's sick of the whole situation now regarding Ashley.  Getting asked same questions etc.

Probably doesn't really want to offer an opinion on the interview.

To be honest a cynical part of me wonders if they're trying to drive him out using the media. I think The Scum referred to him as grumpy Newcastle manager today. Ashley might feel Rafa is throwing him under a bus so he's decided to have a go himself. Either that or he's a moron. More likely both :/

He's seething in that Sky interview.

He does like, could be a number of things having to camp in his own half at home a manager of his calibre, his captain letting him down, the injuries then u got all the Ashley bollocks, come on Rafa perk up, hopefully we can get a few signings in and beat hudders next week

Just said on the Five Live interview that they'd specifically spoken before the game about maintaining control, presumably in respect of players like Alli being on the wind up. No wonder he's fuming hun.

Shelvey had no reason to do they whatsoever either which must throw salt in the wounds.

Wish we could get rid of Voldemort we can't afford to be playing with 10 men or have one of our better players suspended multiple times a season.

Anyone with ambition gets forced out. He hasnt bought this football club to do anything with. Rafa will be leaving and and waster will be given the job.

I don't think he'll leave imminently because as he says he brought players here who wanted to work with him, but think he'll give us a season then go regardless. He won't trust assurances from Ashley ever again, he'll only trust action and there isn't much time left for Ashley to prove he wants to do anything at all.

His Merino sub and switch to three at the back was superb, shame Shelvey let him down.

Changed the game from looking like they would go on and get 3, 4 or 5 to us coming back into it.

Shall we all chip in and try buy the club?

Edit: Not you Afar, I don't think you'd bring much to the party.

Thanks man, I wouldn't be able to contribute a lot anyway, spent all my cash on hard liquor and drugs :)

Anyone with ambition gets forced out. He hasnt bought this football club to do anything with. Rafa will be leaving and and waster will be given the job.

I don't think he'll leave imminently because as he says he brought players here who wanted to work with him, but think he'll give us a season then go regardless. He won't trust assurances from Ashley ever again, he'll only trust action and there isn't much time left for Ashley to prove he wants to do anything at all.

Think this is probably right. If they want to keep him, and I'm not sure they really give a shit, I think they have the rest of this window and January to prove something to him.

Guest Bordertoon

I just hope that now that Ashley's pathetic and wilfully misleading cards are on the table (including the false dichotomy between competing with Man City or being skint) that Rafa simply sees no point in talking to him. After all, at this point, what would he say to Ashley - "it's a pity we can't strip some of your wallpaper to buy that half-decent player from wherever"?

No, in my opinion, I think that Rafa would only ever have come to Newcastle despite Ashley, and not because of him, and that he will feel disappointed but not overly surprised by Ashley's underhanded manoeuvring. I think that the relationships and alliances that Rafa will look to continue to build are with the supporters and the city, and not with Ashley. Of course he'll need to deal with Ashley as best he can on a political level, largely through maintaining loyal support from us and advancing his cause and exerting pressure through the media, but I imagine that his personal dealings with Ashley will be minimal going forwards, at least for the foreseeable future.

From this point on, all I am hoping for is that, as promised (I know ...) Ashley allows Rafa to access the funds that are generated by the club, because if he doesn't do that then surely that will be the final straw and Rafa will walk, despite his loyalty to his staff, his players, the supporters, and the city.

When Rafa signed with us saying that he wanted "a project", we can only hope that he wanted one akin to building a replica of Noah's Ark ... while blindfolded ... with plastic tools ... and under the watchful eye of a greedy, slimey, self-serving overlord. Strangely enough, I still think that there's an outside chance that Rafa will succeed here, even if Ashley remains, but if he does it will take years, and Rafa's eventual statue outside St James will need to be cast in solid gold, not bronze.

Part of me is thinking that Rafa is only staying because he is either party to getting someone in to buy the club or he wants to be here when we're eventually sold to try to realise the potential.

Be a right sickener to walk and then find out that Joe Bloggs Ltd have taken over.

Guest Bordertoon

Real test will come if another club with greater ambition make a play for him, why would he stay ?

For the only reason anyone ever stays in tragic relationships - love.

Only joking, sort of ...