Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Would rather West Ham just came in and take him now rather than playing it out until later in the season, because that's where I think he will end up.

Anyone putting money into the club again must be mental.

That's a good call, think it will be a little longer though, they will give Billic a month or so and then he'll be the first manager sacked I think. Those owners will be more than happy to pay Ashley's compensation and any loyalty fee Rafa would owe for breaking his contract. And you know very well who will return here.

Some people talk as if Rafa is doing this out of the goodness of his heart or a charity. Hes being paid. Hes just being provided with shite tools to do the job so to speak, hes said he likes the challenge and will continue to do the job to the best of his abilities.  What doesn't help is losing your best player because he's reckless and furthermore a new signing to injury. 

Yesterday was a huge blow. I feel angry that Shelvey could leave us in this mess from the opening future. Idiots like him are just making Rafas job harder.

Guest neesy111

He won't suddenly walk out on us, but I feel the club's burnt too many bridges with him after January window fiasco and now this and he'll go if/when we are safe this season

Some people talk as if Rafa is doing this out of the goodness of his heart or a charity. Hes being paid. Hes just being provided with shite tools to do the job so to speak, hes said he likes the challenge and will continue to do the job to the best of his abilities.  What doesn't help is losing your best player because he's reckless and furthermore a new signing to injury. 

Yesterday was a huge blow. I feel angry that Shelvey could leave us in this mess from the opening future. Idiots like him are just making Rafas job harder.

Well fair dos he might not be Christ incarnate but he's certainly not here because of the money or status.

Well fair dos he might not be Christ incarnate but he's certainly not here because of the money or status.

Yes but I didn't want to be picked up just because I mentioned pay.

Its the crowd who make out like its a favour. We are still a great club to manage he knows that.

He won't suddenly walk out on us, but I feel the club's burnt too many bridges with him after January window fiasco and now this and he'll go if/when we are safe this season

Not really, I think he has won the political war and that's why he has the power to spend all money the club has in this summer.  This was not the case in Jan.  It would be a bit daft to go now unless the situation changed again.

Guest neesy111

Not really, I think he has won the political war and that's why he has the power to spend all money the club has in this summer.  This was not the case in Jan.  It would be a bit daft to go now unless the situation changed again.

Well it has, he's pissed off as clearly the club doesn't have the money it was suggested he would have.

When Rafa signed with us saying that he wanted "a project", we can only hope that he wanted one akin to building a replica of Noah's Ark ... while blindfolded ... with plastic tools ... and under the watchful eye of a greedy, slimey, self-serving overlord.

A superb analogy  :lol:

Well it has, he's p*ssed off as clearly the club doesn't have the money it was suggested he would have.

To be honest, I don't think The Fat Cunt has broken his promise of "Rafa is free to spend all the money the club has".  Per my rough calculation, 20m is the figure and it ties with the net spend this summer so far.  Rafa clearly know this.  What Rafa is doing thru the media is to force The Fat Cunt to give out his own money, and in a way, the Fat Cunt is forced to come out and surrender that he has no money (which is kinda strange). 

Those figure like 70m are just media story.  In fact when the paper suggested this amount, lots of ppl here already doubt it if you remember.

I understand all managers would love to have more resources but unless there is a sugar daddy to bail us out, if Newcastle has to run by itself, Rafa has no choice but to live with it or quit.  Things will certainly be better next summer after the EPL TV money is finally banked.

Guest neesy111

installments always comes with higher cost (the interest), and in fact in a way we are doing it already, the Atsu deal and Merino deal.

There's no evidence we doing those deals like that.

What I'd like to know though is do other Premier League clubs do the same, or do they have an overdraft, loans, etc? Is there a reason why we'll only spend actually hard cash that we have?

I can study their accounts in the weekend, but in our case, obviously the Fat cunt did not allow the club to apply loans from banks as it charges higher interest cost.  Yes we can apply loans but if you remember we already have a sizeable loan from owners. Basically this is where the Fat cunt said "no more".

installments always comes with higher cost (the interest), and in fact in a way we are doing it already, the Atsu deal and Merino deal.

There's no evidence we doing those deals like that.

We are in substance separating the Atsu deal into 3.5m first year and 6.5m 2nd year. Same for Merino.

Guest neesy111

Surely that's not correct regarding the Atsu deal as he's only costing £6.5m altogether? Going off the apparent already-agreed loan fee option.

Also Merino is on loan with obligation to buy, you usually don't pay loan fees in instalments.

Yes but I didn't want to be picked up just because I mentioned pay.

Its the crowd who make out like its a favour. We are still a great club to manage he knows that.

We should be a great club to manage if we were run with just a modicum of ambition. Managers with Rafa's pedigree don't usually settle for clubs that are happy to avoid relegation.

Surely that's not correct regarding the Atsu deal as he's only costing £6.5m altogether? Going off the apparent already-agreed loan fee option.

Also Merino is on loan with obligation to buy, you usually don't pay loan fees in instalments.

I mean deferring the payment till next financial year(s).

I'd imagine that the overdraft covers things like Opex(wages etc) whereas Capex (transfer fees etc) has to be cash in the bank.

The fact we have so many players we don't want suggests we're probably at our limit or thereabouts as we strive to not breach the wages to turnover ratio which no doubt last year we smashed due to reduced revenues in the Champo. Probably want to consolidate this year and get back within those constraints.