Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I think he'll be off but it wont be to Everton. He doesn't seem the sort that would manage a rival of a club he has a massive affiliation to.

I don't know, he went to Chelsea. Remember the tension between the two clubs when Rafa was at Liverpool especially during their Champions League tie?

Guest Bert Shaft

I'd like to see him stay if only because I don't trust anyone else to clear this squad of the s**** that is stinking up the dressing room.

Yep, am more bothered about him staying than what league Sports Direct United are in next season. If he is allowed to fook  off, it will be years before SDU recover.

Him staying (fwiw i think he will) will depend on what he's allowed to do in the summer. If he's given free reign then he's staying.

I think fatty will get rid of him regardless of whether he wants to stay so he can save a bit of money.  That clause was put in for him as much as it was for Benitez.

Him staying (fwiw i think he will) will depend on what he's allowed to do in the summer. If he's given free reign then he's staying.

I think fatty will get rid of him regardless of whether he wants to stay so he can save a bit of money.  That clause was put in for him as much as it was for Benitez.

Aye you're probably right  :(

Guest Howaythetoon

What hurts the most is that he gave me hope and a reason to give a fuck again. I was even thinking of going to a few away games next season if we stayed up and he stayed on. SJP is dead to me, too much SD, wonga and cretins for fans foisting the joint out, but away from home fuck aye with Rafa in charge?! This actually hurts. A few months back I was hoping for relegation and laughing my tits off at the complete melt of a club we were.

The hope had me planning a legit trip to come to Newcastle and see a match at SJP next season. :-(

Well you still could. Rotherham's gonna be a real firecracker of a match.

What hurts the most is that he gave me hope and a reason to give a f*** again. I was even thinking of going to a few away games next season if we stayed up and he stayed on. SJP is dead to me, too much SD, wonga and cretins for fans foisting the joint out, but away from home f*** aye with Rafa in charge?! This actually hurts. A few months back I was hoping for relegation and laughing my tits off at the complete melt of a club we were.

:thup: :thup:

It was frustrating but I don't think he was wrong with the way he set up today. You can see he has us drilled defensively, and it worked, but of course as a fan you want to see people pressing and trying to nick the ball back. Do that and get it wrong and you leave opposition attackers open and that's what we've been doing most of the season.  As others have said another five/ten games or so with him in charge and wed most likely have been fine.

Don't think he got it wrong at all today personally, people always seem to forget the alternatives to what he selects are as bad as what we start with.

He got us to keep a clean sheet, probably was just hoping we would take our chances when they came but we didn't. That's not really his fault. Maybe De Jong could have been given more pitch time, that's about the only thing I can think of that might have made a difference. Might have.

pls stay Raf pls

He'll look at what he's got in that dressing room and think it'll be difficult, if not impossible, to come straight back up with that shite and gracefully bow out.

What hurts the most is that he gave me hope and a reason to give a f*** again. I was even thinking of going to a few away games next season if we stayed up and he stayed on. SJP is dead to me, too much SD, wonga and cretins for fans foisting the joint out, but away from home f*** aye with Rafa in charge?! This actually hurts. A few months back I was hoping for relegation and laughing my tits off at the complete melt of a club we were.

100% this.

Really intrigued to know what others think,  be honest. Do you think Rafa might stay if we go down?

Personally I've got a feeling he might. Depending, of course, on what assurances he receives moving forward.

Really intrigued to know what others think,  be honest. Do you think Rafa might stay if we go down?

Personally I've got a feeling he might. Depending, of course, on what assurances he receives moving forward.

I hope he does stay because it wouldn't take much to bring us back up as long as we get rid of the shite from the squad and bring in proper players who give a shit.

pls stay Raf pls

He'll look at what he's got in that dressing room and think it'll be difficult, if not impossible, to come straight back up with that shite and gracefully bow out.

see i don't get this at all, when everyone said he'd never come he came to try and rescue a club that was in such a state only villa looked more dead and rotten

he breathed life back into the entire club and achieved more these last few weeks than any of us thought possible, so why the fuck there's so much assumption that he won't want to stay is beyond me like

not saying he will stay but there's nothing new to suggest this will make him leave imo and certainly not facing a rebuilding job - if anything he's the type of manager who would probably relish that if given full control