Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Pep Guardiola: Man City boss to beat Louis van Gaal's European 100-game record

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola will eclipse Louis van Gaal as the most successful manager in European club football after 100 games when his side take on Monaco on Wednesday.

The former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach has won 61 of the 99 games he has overseen, drawing 23 and losing 15.

Former Manchester United boss Van Gaal won 61 of his first 100 games in Europe, drawing 22 and losing 17.

Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez, now in charge of Championship leaders Newcastle, is currently second on the list. He won 60, drew 22 and lost 18 of his first 100 games in European competition.

Sir Alex Ferguson, who won the Champions League twice with Manchester United, is 11th (W49; D32; L19), while current United boss Jose Mourinho is eighth (W54; D25; L21).

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger sits 26th on the list after winning 42 of his first 100 games in Europe, drawing 29 and losing 29.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39273148

I was looking at our summer transfers and 17 full internationals departed in the summer  :kasper:

He's had some job rebuilding a squad especially in only one window!

IRWT!

Is that true ? However only was any good (townsend), one I'd have given time (Wijnaldum), Two I'd like to have been given more of a chance for me to see for myself (Saivet and Thauvin), the rest, meh!

I was looking at our summer transfers and 17 full internationals departed in the summer  :kasper:

IRWT!

..... and they were most of the senior players too.

Last promotion season the dressing room was full of older experienced players (Nolan, Harper, Shola, Barton, Smith, Colo etc etc) and whatever their playing impact they were strong characters to have around when the pressure was on.

Rafa's achievement in getting this squad together after the upheaval and putting us where we are in the table is quite brilliant.

IRWT!

..... and they were most of the senior players too.

Last promotion season the dressing room was full of older experienced players (Nolan, Harper, Shola, Barton, Smith, Colo etc etc) and whatever their playing impact they were strong characters to have around when the pressure was on.

Rafa's achievement in getting this squad together after the upheaval and putting us where we are in the table is quite brilliant.

He spent £55 million, we should be walking the league and should have won every single game 10-0.

Guest neesy111

Rafa's gonna get a hammering on here later if we don't win.

I don't know what people expect of the line-up.  He's working with a poor squad.

I don't know what people expect of the line-up.  He's working with a poor squad.

He's working with the best squad in this division.

A squad he put together.

A squad he put together.

yep, he's sat at the top of the league with it as well.

Guest neesy111

I wish Rafa would try two strikers against the 'lesser' teams. The upcoming two home games are must wins. Good performances wouldn't go amiss either.

It's Shape, Shape, Shape with Rafa.  Far too stubborn.

Has us playing terribly at the moment, let's face it, been poor To watch most of the season but he's been getting the results, scraping a good few of them.

People are right to ask questions or criticise without being flamed.

Hiwever, We really needed to strengthen in January, would have made his job a whole lot easier and pretty much guaranteed promotion, but never that simple at nufc when ran by the Idiots in top.

You just know Ashley and co won't think it's good enough for the squad we have. Trouble ahead no doubt.

He's getting pretty much the max out of the squad available.

Those people that are moaning their heads off are probably the same people who were at the start of the season predicting something ridiculous like remaining the whole season unbeaten, Mitrovic raping the league, blah blah blah! 

They clearly misjudged the league due to their lack of knowledge about it.

He's doing the job expected, imo.

Those people that are moaning their heads off are probably the same people who were at the start of the season predicting something ridiculous like remaining the whole season unbeaten, Mitrovic raping the league, blah blah blah! 

I respectfully disagree.  If that is the case and we are promoted we're totally fucked next season without major surgery to the squad.

I respectfully disagree.  If that is the case and we are promoted we're totally fucked next season without major surgery to the squad.

I agree.

I thought we'd piss the league, but I was one of those who doubted Mitrovic would do much. I'm disappointed in this squad, no doubt about it, they have struggled to rise above this shitty level.