Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Chronicle question: Have you enjoyed managing in the Championship? Are you glad you stayed last summer?

Rafa: To be the manager of Newcastle United is a great privilege. I’m really enjoying being at this fantastic club so, of course, I’m happy with my decision, yes.

I'm biased of course, but imagine being in the home dugout at St. James' Park as the manager and looking around the full stadium, imagine being the away manager at any ground looking at your Newcastle fans in their thousands supporting their team like crazy. Imagine all of that and being so negative and so f***ing miserable like Pardew, like Allardyce...

Makes no sense to me!

Times a million for Ashley.

NUFC is a great f***ing institution, a great football club in a great city with a great public as Sir Bobby would say.

How many people have wasted such a once in a lifetime situation at this dear club of ours, managers, players and owners etc.? Its criminal really.

This is the HTT I know  :smitten:

Chronicle question: Have you enjoyed managing in the Championship? Are you glad you stayed last summer?

Rafa: To be the manager of Newcastle United is a great privilege. I’m really enjoying being at this fantastic club so, of course, I’m happy with my decision, yes.

I'm biased of course, but imagine being in the home dugout at St. James' Park as the manager and looking around the full stadium, imagine being the away manager at any ground looking at your Newcastle fans in their thousands supporting their team like crazy. Imagine all of that and being so negative and so f***ing miserable like Pardew, like Allardyce...

Makes no sense to me!

Times a million for Ashley.

NUFC is a great f***ing institution, a great football club in a great city with a great public as Sir Bobby would say.

How many people have wasted such a once in a lifetime situation at this dear club of ours, managers, players and owners etc.? Its criminal really.

All you say about NUFC is true...then you look in the Boardroom and above and you see a fair percentage of those who have wasted once-in-a-lifetime situations...

Rafa Benitez exclusive Q&A Part II: Newcastle boss on De Jong, Academy and key to United's success

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-exclusive-qa-part-12788778#ICID=ios_ChronicleNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Proof that what you say isn't as important as how you say it. In both these interviews, Rafa hasn't said anything special really just reading his words. Bet that if we could have listened to it, it would have made a much bigger impact.

I've feared this since his interview post-QPR :-(

If Ashley pisses him about then it'll happen. He's ambitious and will not settle to simply try and stay up next season or any season.

He can still live in England plus their squad is miles better than ours not to mention they'll back him heavily in the transfer market.

The ball is in the fat man's court so expect the worst!

He wouldn't leave for West Ham. :lol:

Don't kid yourself. Any indication that the January farce will be repeated and he'll be off to whoever makes him a good offer.

That's my only worry. Rafa would much prefer to stay here location wise, but he won't want to waste his time if he's not backed properly by Ashley. If he leaves it will be because of the owner, not because he fancies moving to London.

He needs to sort his backroom for next season. From what i can tell our form somewhat and most definitely how well we were playing took a bump when Cathro left.

Again though, I have every faith in this man to do what's best for the club if he's allowed to.

He wouldn't leave for West Ham. :lol:

Don't kid yourself. Any indication that the January farce will be repeated and he'll be off to whoever makes him a good offer.

if that's the context, then yeah, he would leave.

We go up and January was a successful window. It's a gamble, but no point looking back. Going forward it does mean more to spend this summer and less chance of bring held over a barrel.

I think Rafa has come round to that way of thinking now after putting his initial dissapointment behind him.

We go up and January was a successful window. It's a gamble, but no point looking back. Going forward it does mean more to spend this summer and less chance of bring held over a barrel.

I think Rafa has come round to that way of thinking now after putting his initial dissapointment behind him.

Yeah, I'm sure Rafa is so grateful that Charnley and Ashley made him reassess the January window in the cold light of day.

Yeah, I'm sure Rafa is so grateful that Charnley and Ashley made him reassess the January window in the cold light of day.

I think he's looking to the future knowing he has more to spend than had we overspent in January. Should we go up everyone should be thinking that. We'll get nowhere if we can't move on from the past and mistakes, whoever made them.