Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

If the budget is £20 million plus whatever he makes then Rafa won't be here next season!

hate posts like this

So you think Rafa will stay if he's given only £20 million to spend?  [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

I think there's more to it than than that. He might accept a structured build up of funds given the impact of relegation etc.

You've no fucking idea.

I agree. He'll want significant funds, but he won't be unreasonable.  If he's promised enough funds to build a squad which can challenge at the top within two or three years he'll be happy with that. I doubt he's the type of manager who'll say I need to winning cups next season or I'm off.

Correct, though everyone else seems to have a real insight into what Rafa will and will not do.

It's the same as people being negative as hell in the match threads, people voting 5s in the promotionometer etc, all in the hope to be able to jump on their high horse and tell us they told us so if the worst happens.

If the budget is £20 million plus whatever he makes then Rafa won't be here next season!

hate posts like this

So you think Rafa will stay if he's given only £20 million to spend?  [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

I think there's more to it than than that. He might accept a structured build up of funds given the impact of relegation etc.

You've no f***ing idea.

Whhhhoooohhhhhhhhhhh, settle down darling!

I didn’t state that I had an idea but in my opinion, I’ll be very surprised if he will be happy to accept a budget of £20 million to work with looking at the state of our current squad next season. Only Stoke and Hull spent LESS than that figure last summer.

This repeated £20m figure of yours is pie in the sky and only serves to upset yourself. You've created a scenario doomed for failure and run with it. mojorinsin is suggesting you sit on your hands and not get carried away with hypotheticals.

Guest ElCid

Does anyone really think Benitez is going to stay after the January fiasco and topped off by today's events - I'd be very very surprised if he is our manager come August

Was £70m plus whatever we sell yesterday.  Where the f*** has £20m come from?

based on assumptions...i reckon there will be realistically be around 20m net to spend on transfer fees and around 20m generated by a number of players leaving. So a total of 40m to spend on fees on incomings. the majority of the premier league TV money won't be in our account until once we've completed our first season back.

the club in its recent history has not (unless in extreme circumstance such as relegation) used credit or taken on extra debt when investing in the club so the idea of 50m, 100m spent this summer would be unexpected unless we get extra investment from another source. in 2010 the message was 'no capital outlay', i expect it to be similar until after we bank the money of the first season if we stay up in the first season. the conservatism of jan 2017 will continue until june next year.

i think rafa's will look at the next 3 years to get guarantees, rather than just next immediate season. by season 3 we should be competitive ££ to compete for top 8. at the moment our season in the championship has meant we are financially crippled to challenge the top 10 teams ££.

luckily rafa has proved he can get more out of some of the players we have and has experience in building a solid squad which hopefully should be able to stay up next year, despite there being a tight budget initially.

Was £70m plus whatever we sell yesterday.  Where the f*** has £20m come from?

based on assumptions...i reckon there will be realistically be around 20m net to spend on transfer fees and around 20m generated by a number of players leaving. So a total of 40m to spend on fees on incomings. the majority of the premier league TV money won't be in our account until once we've completed our first season back.

the club in its recent history has not (unless in extreme circumstance such as relegation) used credit or taken on extra debt when investing in the club so the idea of 50m, 100m spent this summer would be unexpected unless we get extra investment from another source. in 2010 the message was 'no capital outlay', i expect it to be similar until after we bank the money of the first season if we stay up in the first season. the conservatism of jan 2017 will continue until june next year.

i think rafa's will look at the next 3 years to get guarantees, rather than just next immediate season. by season 3 we should be competitive ££ to compete for top 8. at the moment our season in the championship has meant we are financially crippled to challenge the top 10 teams ££.

luckily rafa has proved he can get more out of some of the players we have and has experience in building a solid squad which hopefully should be able to stay up next year, despite there being a tight budget initially.

gotcha

Guest Howaythetoon

He rejected Villa because of their so-called small transfer kitty (£40m apparently). Rafa is an ambitious man, but realistic with it. He joined Liverpool to win them trophies, to go for the league and that was the route they took, failing obviously. He hasn't joined Newcastle to win the league, he has joined to start a project, to win a trophy and build from there. He will not accept a fight against relegation or mid-table mediocrity, however. He will look at a top-10 place next season and a cup maybe and then the top 6 and then a top 4 challenge. The club need to invest £70m net IMO next season simply to finish in the top 10 comfortably. If only the club said to Rafa lets use the next 3-5 years to launch a bid for the title... he would IMO take us towards that kind of level. He's that calibre of manager. We sadly are a joke club as evidence by today.

This repeated £20m figure of yours is pie in the sky and only serves to upset yourself. You've created a scenario doomed for failure and run with it. mojorinsin is suggesting you sit on your hands and not get carried away with hypotheticals.

Ha ha ha WTF?

Can you not read posts?

Furney89 stated that figure which I replied to.

Will he be fazed by today's events? He did work at Real Madrid which was certainly no short of drama and a nuts hierarchy...

One of his alleged suitors has been implicated in this mess as well too tbf  :lol: