Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

He'll go to Valencia.

Nah, he clearly wants to stay in the UK. His family never moved around with him when he was in Italy and Spain, there is only so long you can do that until it causes a strain on your relationship. A while back he said he wanted to come back to the UK for a reason, those reasons haven't changed. We just have to hope that we are the best option here.

He'll go to Valencia.

Didn't he take this job so he could be in England with his family? I think if he leaves it will be for another premier club personally.

Even better. :aww:

Huge mistake today with Cisse and Gini up top. A disaster really. Phantom duo.

Mitro bossed these guys earlier in the season, and was coming off a goal scoring performance at Sunderland. Had to start.

Would have been so great if he managed to keep us up and then build from there, as he is still just figuring out this awful bunch of cretins we have.

I didn't see the game today, but there's barely a brain cell among the eleven players who started, and especially among the front six. We need to radically change our style of play: the side today should have offered pace and physicality, and it looks set up for the counter attack, but there are too many players who make poor decisions and run into blind alleys or simply repeat their one trick to no good effect.

I'd be starting the next game with Anita in the midfield - probably alongside Tiote or Saivet, though I'd also consider dropping Sissoko back, because in truth we still don't have a good option in that position, with Shelvey offering nothing defensively and needing too much time to splay balls that don't help us sustain any sort of attacking rhythm and too often just come right back - De Jong behind Mitrovic, Perez on the left, and then one of Townsend or Wijnaldum on the right. It looks slow and a few of the players are seriously lacking in physicality, but at least we might show some intelligence on the pitch, and prove able to retain the ball and build moves.

I know some people feel this way about Tiote too, but Taylor especially shouldn't be starting games for us even as a last resort. It's always bad news now when he is in the team, and I agree with those who say we should have gone with Lascelles.

Cisse has to start alongside Mitro or not at all; he's proven time and time again that he is incapable of leading the line by himself. I'm sure Rafa has his reasons but Mitro really should be one of the the first names on the sheet regardless of the opposition imo. I understand the reasoning behind starting Anita (more experienced at fullback than Sissoko) and Taylor (experienced; probably fitter than last week), but I would've kept Sissoko at LB and gone with Lascelles. To be fair to Rafa, he is very quick to change a system that isn't working and his subs were more or less spot on. Was hoping de Jong would feature at some point mind.

He'll go to Valencia.

Didn't he take this job so he could be in England with his family? I think if he leaves it will be for another premier club personally.

premierclub_card.jpg?version=b873&sc_lang=en&w=535

I think he'll manage another football club personally

Hope he stays but he got his selection wrong. Sissoko and Gini are a waste of time away from home in midfield positions. I'd have played Sissoko at left back as Anita was always going to be targeted. De Jong deserved to start today with Gini on the bench or in the Metro Centre. I'll let him off for not starting Mitro as we needed goals and Cisse is more of a goal scorer. Hopefully he now has the mark of some of these cowards.

Guest chopey

This is  the most lob sided squad in the premier league so its no wonder he keeps trying to put square pegs in round holes, but if he stays and is given full control of football matters (some players will have to go) I would actually be quite exited for a Benitez team in the championship.

Hope he stays but he got his selection wrong. Sissoko and Gini are a waste of time away from home in midfield positions. I'd have played Sissoko at left back as Anita was always going to be targeted. De Jong deserved to start today with Gini on the bench or in the Metro Centre. I'll let him off for not starting Mitro as we needed goals and Cisse is more of a goal scorer. Hopefully he now has the mark of some of these cowards.

something something relegation experience something fat sam better something

Not even Rafa has given us a new manager bounce.

Terrible team of Carr mercenaries that don't give a fuck. Rafa was brought in way too late.

Today was the make or break game and we fluffed it. We are down and the dream of Rafa has gone with it. Nigel Pearson in the Championship is nailed on.