Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

i don't think we'll stay up which is heartbreaking as Rafa is the best thing that's happened to us since Sir Bobby.  IF we were to stay up would Ashley back him?  We know Keegan was promised investment but was lied to.  I can't see him being any different here, and he's already said theres no money left.

The club 'backed' fucking McClaren with £80m this season. Something tells me if Rafa pulls this off he'll get what he wants within reason and Ashley will hope he just runs the entire club on his own.

If we get relegated and Rafa stays, I think the supporters will stay with the club - he leaves and we get some other hasbeen manager, the interest will drop.  It would be in Ashley's interest to back him. 

NUFC needs Rafa more than Rafa needs NUFC.

i don't think we'll stay up which is heartbreaking as Rafa is the best thing that's happened to us since Sir Bobby.  IF we were to stay up would Ashley back him?  We know Keegan was promised investment but was lied to.  I can't see him being any different here, and he's already said theres no money left.

The club 'backed' f***ing McClaren with £80m this season. Something tells me if Rafa pulls this off he'll get what he wants within reason and Ashley will hope he just runs the entire club on his own.

Hope so mate. I surmised that the fat potato only invested so much to ensure we didn't go down and lost out on the extra prem money. Fail.

That's the parachute payments after relegation (the money split over 3 seasons you're referring to).  But whether we stay up or go down we're still due our £80m or so for being in the Premier League this season.  Of course if we do go down we'd need to use that to help cushion the financial blow.

Guest chopey

Is that the same rednapp that can't understand why Jamaican international Wes Morgan doesn't play for England ?

Newcastle is a 'special club' - I expect Rafa Benitez to stay even if they go down, says Redknapp

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-special-club-expect-rafa-11244567#ICID=ios_ChronicleNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone that hasn't opened the link, you need to do so now because it contains a picture of Rafa with a most beautiful smile.

Honestly.

Love Rafa, man. He's my kind of football manager - class personality, lives for the game, master tactician, incredibly honorable and most of all - fucking brilliant at his job and is a proven winner.