Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/rafa-benitez-considering-longer-stay-160426336.html

Rafa Benitez will decide over the next few days whether or not to pledge his immediate future to getting Newcastle straight back into the Premier League – and it’s magnificent army of fans will certainly be one of the major factors influencing his decision.

I was told on social media recently that he could expect his name to be chanted for 90 minutes non-stop during the club’s final match of the season against Tottenham at the weekend as the crowd tries to play its part in persuading the Sapniard to stay at the club.

If that happens, knowing him as I do, I am absolutely convinced that it will have a major bearing on his decision.

And apart from the obvious fact that everyone likes to be where they feel wanted, there are a number of other solid reasons why Rafa would be wise to throw his hat in with the club.

And he is seriously considering staying.

Words of Guillem Balague.

A ray of light.

Guest chopey

I'll be there as usual with the boy and in between punching Shergar and misspelling my bedsheets spray paint job I'll be shouting for him to stay

Wouldn't be surprised if that stuff about talks today is entirely fabricated. What is there to talk about? If he wants to stay, why would anything they've already agreed change? And that's why he'll leave regardless, when they fuck him over or offer a massive wage cut.

Hugely cynical about the leaks so far. Hope they're true obviously but it would be just like NUFC to keep things as hopeful as possible until the final fan has left on Sunday to avoid any widespread unrest. Keep things cush until the season finishes, do what they planned to regardless and wait a few months for the anger to die down.

I saw it earlier today and it cheered me up a bit.

No doubt some Sunderland fan will try to claim that it was them, but theirs no way any of them would have taken the piss out of themselves as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if that stuff about talks today is entirely fabricated. What is there to talk about? If he wants to stay, why would anything they've already agreed change? And that's why he'll leave regardless, when they f*** him over or offer a massive wage cut.

Thx Dave, snuff out what little hope I have left, shit man next you be telling me that the Tooth Fairy, Father Christmas and the Easter Bunny aren't real...heartless that's what you are just heartless

Hugely cynical about the leaks so far. Hope they're true obviously but it would be just like NUFC to keep things as hopeful as possible until the final fan has left on Sunday to avoid any widespread unrest. Keep things cush until the season finishes, do what they planned to regardless and wait a few months for the anger to die down.

My thoughts exactly. They want an easy ride on Sunday and if they can fool people into thinking they're doing all they can  to keep Benitez that's what they'll do. The board and the players will then escape any real abuse as it'll all be about Rafa. Then next week it'll be announced that he's leaving.

Wouldn't be surprised if that stuff about talks today is entirely fabricated. What is there to talk about? If he wants to stay, why would anything they've already agreed change? And that's why he'll leave regardless, when they f*** him over or offer a massive wage cut.

caulkin was asked this, said his info didn't come from the clubs end, came from rafa's. So unless he's in their pocket, which i doubt, it suggests talks took place.

I struggle to believe that Ashley would be prepared to put his arrogance aside after 10 years, essentially admit his blueprint of football club ownership is flawed and hand full control of player recruitment, coaching, development etc. to anyone, even Rafa.

We've seen too much of his dogshite decision making and cheapskate ways to believe he'll do an about-turn and actually do something for the true benefit of this football club.

Sorry lads, I'm just not having it. Once a dream-shattering cunt, always a dream-shattering cunt!

I'm reasonably confident that he'll be here next season, my doubt is our transfer budget not being enough as we'll be looking to make cuts and not spend a penny if we don't have to.

Guest neesy111

I'm reasonably confident that he'll be here next season, my doubt is our transfer budget not being enough as we'll be looking to make cuts and not spend a penny if we don't have to.

You were confident we would stay up. :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if that stuff about talks today is entirely fabricated. What is there to talk about? If he wants to stay, why would anything they've already agreed change? And that's why he'll leave regardless, when they fuck him over or offer a massive wage cut.

You reckon? Well let's see how this pans out.