Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Class. Just knows how to see a game out. Also the substitutions just all make sense. Anita's played every game, match is wrapped up, give Gamez his first Championship appearance.

Anita pulled up a few times from my viewing. Looked like he might have a knock. But I still agree, bringing on Gamez at the time was a good move.

Class. Just knows how to see a game out. Also the substitutions just all make sense. Anita's played every game, match is wrapped up, give Gamez his first Championship appearance.

Anita pulled up a few times from my viewing. Looked like he might have a knock. But I still agree, bringing on Gamez at the time was a good move.

I saw that too. Struggled after he kicked the ball at one point and then thought he signalled to the bench to take him off.

Put his faith in Jamaal as well despite his shaky start and its paid off last couple of games.

Bringing him out for the Reading game probably did him the world of good. Just grounded him a bit after being given the captaincy, poor first two games, etc.

Agree.

Captain or not, he has to earn his place in the team - same as everyone else.

I thought he might wait until next season to get shot of shrivelled lung fakers like Colback, but he's already moved Hayden into that position and is giving Shelvey the opportunity to push the red haired local favourite further down the ladder. This man is phenomenal.

Got to admit, I’m pretty ecstatic with the window. We’ve bought good quality in relation to our current level, with a good proportion of those imports able to be part of an average (at least, I’d argue) Premier League squad. The fact that the new players are here for much more genuine reasons can’t be overstated either. There’s a few obvious fillers in there to get us through this year, yeah, but I have no issue with that at all – there needs to be an element of short-termism to this process. The likes of Clark (if Rafa doesn’t improve him) and Murphy can easily be cast off after this year, as it’s likely their stock will be ‘decent’ while we likely win the league. I know Hanley isn’t the most fashionable of defenders but he seemed to have a very decent season last year and I think he’s got enough to be a fine 4th choice CB in the Prem.

Another winger and CM and it’d have been absolutely perfect. Best window we’ve had in how long? Thanks, Rafa  :aww:

He must have some gravitas to have changed the culture as quick as this. That and the fact Mike and Lee have probably finally realise they don't know anything.

Can see them two on Skype from the boardroom eager and bouncing off the walls all day desperate to respond while Rafa is sitting there feet up, enjoying a tipple telling them to wait, calm down and I've got this.

What a guy.

Pardew would have been happy to tout Sissoko round for half the price. Rafa has played this whole scenario very well indeed.

He's rebuilt the squad without much fuss imo.

Sissoko would have went for £16m in July under the last two managers.

Mike has had pards & the like trying to encourage clubs to pay "silly money" for anyone halfway decent. Now with Rafa in charge we receive our second & third highest fee ever. all in one window while being in the championship.

.com

Transfer deadline day found United boss Rafa Benitez attending the 2016 Elite Club Coaches Forum - an annual event at UEFA's HQ in Nyon, Switzerland.

Chaired by Sir Alex Ferguson; Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti, Zinedine Zidana and Luis Enrique were among the other participants.

David Moyes mysteriously wasn't invited.

What a guy.

Pardew would have been happy to tout Sissoko round for half the price. Rafa has played this whole scenario very well indeed.

And made a profit of £30m+ i think it is  :lol:

What a guy.

It makes a difference when you are not trying to flog the player in every interview and appearing desperate.  Much better to take the position of refusing to sell because you want the player to stay.

What a guy.

It makes a difference when you are not trying to flog the player in every interview and appearing desperate.  Much better to take the position of refusing to sell because you want the player to stay.

Yep.

What a guy.

Agreed and i know the market has changed but Rafas quiet way has us 12 new players i think it is, and a big profit for January spending if needed. Such a lovely contrast from the godbshit at Palace like you said.