Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Fucking hell.

9 wins in a row and all these stupid critics are nowhere to be seen.

One bad week and now they've come out of their closet saying ridiculous things like he's the worst sub maker in our history :lol:

He's not allowed have one bad week without fickle idiots hopping allover him.

Reminds me of that biggest idiot on this whole forum who said back when we were temporarily 8th in the league that if it was any other manager we'd hound him out so we should be calling for his head :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Neesy, you're ridiculous at times like. 80mins in a league match is totally different to 80mins in a cup match that could, and did, go to 120 minutes.

Guest neesy111

Didn't Rafa's subs tonight actually improve us? :lol:

Atsu especially brought us something new at a time where we started to lag.

We already had a man advantage by that time.

Guest neesy111

Neesy, you're ridiculous at times like. 80mins in a league match is totally different to 80mins in a cup match that could, and did, go to 120 minutes.

Just like you on the chat board then.

Guest neesy111

No we didn't :lol:

We did for the 2nd and 3rd subs.

It's almost like it was a cagey match, that looked like it was heading towards extra time.

Not for Atsu though which was the one mentioned in the post

Guest neesy111

My mistake.  Still I think hes making subs far too late.  Ritchie was having a shocker well before he got taken off.  Also with a man advantage he waits 15 minutes to bring on his 2nd sub?

My mistake.  Still I think hes making subs far too late.  Ritchie was having a shocker well before he got taken off.  Also with a man advantage he waits 15 minutes to bring on his 2nd sub?

Well we did take the lead in that 15 minutes.

Them 15 minutes were the first half of extra time, in which we were dominant and had several very good chances hit the post and scored, and before that goal, Hull didn't look to have any threat.

Guest neesy111

Well we did take the lead in that 15 minutes.

Not for long though.

His use of subs is probably the worst I've seen from a Newcastle manager.

:pards:

Funny how everyone criticised Pardew for waiting till the 70th minute, yet lord rafa waits till the 80th and is thought to be some genius at times.  Double standards.

He holds the title of Viscount, not Lord, m8. Viscount Rafa.

Point of order, a Viscount is a Lord. I really wish I didn't know that shit, but, you know, work. Fkn. Carry on.

Outfoxed by Owen Coyle and Mike Phelan in the space of 4 days.

jkz

No way he was outfoxed by Phelan man! We absolutely dominated a team that is playing a league above us away from home.

It's not like Hull won because of a defensive masterclass or something. They were lucky to be in the game in the 1st half. Were lucky to have a generous opposition goalkeeper and also our players being wasteful or unlucky with their finishing.

Mike fucking Phelan is a lucky bastard to even have the Hull job. Not even close to matching let alone outfoxing Rafa. Yes Rafa didn't get us through but it was never because of Phelan's masterclass.

He does need to get the players practice putting their chances away because we were wasteful against Blackburn too which also cost us the match.

English football at the high levels is unforgiving and you are more often than not punished for not taking your chances.

When we do put them away, like in the Leeds game, it all goes to plan. If we find our feet and scoring habits against Forest we'll win easy but if we don't......:S

If nothing else, we've got the taste for a cup run back anyway. That should be the norm not a big occasion. Think that was only the 3rd Quarter Final since the Souness cup runs in 2005? 3 out of 25 cup competitions we've entered where it only takes 3 games to get to that stage is pathetic.

Neesy :lol:

Oh and for people complaining that there are 'fickle idiots' on here, complaining about Rafa.  I only see Neesy kneejerking all over the place?  I think many others are pointing out how risky it was to play Sels and how despite our dominance, we don't create a great deal. 

On the creativity thing.  I'm not sure how much of that is Rafa's fault.  I think that will improve if we were to get back up and invest in another attacking midfielder/winger or two.  Gouffran, Diame and Perez aren't exactly chipping in with loads of assists.

I love Rafa.  But nobody is beyond criticism and if it is fair and balanced.  I don't see the problem?  If it is saying "His use of subs is probably the worst I've seen from a Newcastle manager."  Then yeah, fire away  :lol: