Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Funny now thinking about that lad who spoke to Lampard, who told him he thought the Rafa 'getting the place and fans' thing was in some way calculated. I'm just not getting it myself, smacks of someone with a footballers intelligence/sense of person that can't comprehend a man like Rafa actually immersing himself in a place and getting a sense of the inherent potential. What the fuck does Lampard know about adversity for example? Rafa knows, and he's conquered it.

Like a millionaire football manager could be fucking arsed with calculating such a scheme, man [emoji38]

"Oooo, I'll have a walk round Gateshead in the rain for a bit, that'll get loads of likes on Twitter!!"

[emoji38] thing is though, while I laugh I also get how it could very well be possible on some level with Rafa.

Thing is, it is a bit of good PR work, but it's not sinister because he doesn't NEED to do it.

He clearly sees the value in having a connection with the fans. Makes a difference compared to the, "The fans cost us the game because they wanted us to keep attacking," bullshit which Pardew trotted out.

The man's a god because he's a world class manager and a top blerk.

It's so weird having a manager you actually like and trust. I keep expecting something terrible to happen, luckily Ashley seems to have gone into hibernation for the time being. I didn't really get into football until Roeder was our manager, and apart from the brief euphoria of Keegan (and arguably Hughton) I haven't experienced anything like this before. Hope he's here for years to come.