Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Said it at half time but we're basically Roy Hodgson's England, we play the ball well in the opponents half but when they turtle up we have no answers. The stats look good which gives the illusion of 'it's only a matter of time'. I don't think we have any attacking options on the bench that Rafa trusts for whatever reason and we desperately need to bring in some players with creativity. Without Shelvey we're basically hopeless.

It's a definite negative of Rafa but he'll sort us out.

I'm not going to complain about the performance at all really, we created enough to win comfortably. I will however say Rafa is fucking mental in the head for picking Colback, despite watching what we all see week in week out. Something he should surely have seen himself by now ffs.

It's ridiculous to pick him and he's an awful footballer, and i don't think i've seen a player give away so many thick as fuck fouls in my entire life. Rafa deserves all the stick he'll get for picking him. Still not that worried but i wish Rafa would stop over worrying about changing his preferred system every now and again, especially when we need to chase a game or spot when we need a change earlier in a game.

Guest neesy111

Embarrassed by some of the nackers on here like.

Honestly KI, your are pathetic at times.  People are rightly concerned from 4 defeats in 7 league games.

Love how some of us get smashed for pointing out flaws and stubborn tactics from Rafa late subs poor selections.

Finally the penny drops for some and its ok to be critical 👍.

So fickle.

Give yourself a pat on the back.

First time I've felt a tinge of disappointment with Benitez. I know he doesn't like to make reactionary decisions, but it must be absolutely clear to him now that we need at least 2 signings if not 3 in strategic positions, if we are going to not fuck this up. Colback simply must be binned. We need a left back if Lazaar isn't up to it. We need a winger, and we need someone to link up the play in the final third. I know he sees it, but it simply HAS to be done.

I want to believe that this is just a slow start to what Rafa's overall plan is and that it takes time to build from the bottom up... it's fucking soul-destroying though when we aren't beating wank teams in the Championship. We ARE better than this, whether our players don't believe in themselves or they're just losing motivation though is something that needs addressing, we shouldn't have to 'buy' the league via the January transfer window with the squad we have.

I don't usually subscribe to the subs stuff but I do today - that was far too late. Not going to berate him for us not finishing chances, though.

I know his mantra is usually around staying cool but I think today might spur him into some quicker transfer action. We do need some faces in in midfield, and quickly.

I'm not going to complain about the performance at all really, we created enough to win comfortably. I will however say Rafa is fucking mental in the head for picking Colback, despite watching what we all see week in week out. Something he should surely have seen himself by now ffs.

It's ridiculous to pick him and he's an awful footballer, and i don't think i've seen a player give away so many thick as fuck fouls in my entire life. Rafa deserves all the stick he'll get for picking him. Still not that worried but i wish Rafa would stop over worrying about changing his preferred system every now and again, especially when we need to chase a game or spot when we need a change earlier in a game.

Agree with this.

I'm not going to complain about the performance at all really, we created enough to win comfortably. I will however say Rafa is f***ing mental in the head for picking Colback, despite watching what we all see week in week out. Something he should surely have seen himself by now ffs.

It's ridiculous to pick him and he's an awful footballer, and i don't think i've seen a player give away so many thick as f*** fouls in my entire life. Rafa deserves all the stick he'll get for picking him. Still not that worried but i wish Rafa would stop over worrying about changing his preferred system every now and again, especially when we need to chase a game or spot when we need a change earlier in a game.

Agreed, once again.

You could see for a good 10 mins before Colback gave them the game that was coming. Same against Wednesday. If it's not working that's what the subs are for.

The subs are largely poor too, though. People who think we're gonna win this league without investment this month need a wake-up slap.

You could see for a good 10 mins before Colback gave them the game that was coming. Same against Wednesday. If it's not working that's what the subs are for.

The subs are largely poor too, though. People who think we're gonna win this league without investment this month need a wake-up slap.

:thup: it's becoming clear that far too many of our squad aren't particularly good enough for this division imo, or rather not good enough to perform consistently in it

Love how some of us get smashed for pointing out flaws and stubborn tactics from Rafa late subs poor selections.

Finally the penny drops for some and its ok to be critical 👍.

So fickle.

Give yourself a pat on the back.

Not about being right or wrong tho. But the petty little fairies who freak if Rafa gets slight criticism.

Best team in the division best manager. No question.

Sticking religiously to the same tactics is ludicrous.

Surley that is obvious.

Subs far too late and Sky sports taking about possesion like it wins games just fuck off ,African cup of nations coming up and players off the ball and no plan b seems worrying to me .Colback brings nowt just a useless body on the pitch .