Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Personally think that Sels has been the only poor buy. Everyone else has either been a success, contributed, or is backing up as they should be.

Think I'd go along with that.

Jury is very much out on Gamez and Lazaar, bar them I agree. Considering the limited time he had to scout and find players who were willing to drop down to the Championship and the ridiculous amount of players we needed, he did a fantastic job in the summer IMO

Guest firetotheworks

I see Gamez as a sort of old head and backup tbh, I'm still not sure whether Lazaar was meant as a starter or whether Rafa tested both out and Dummett nailed the place down.

Personally think that Sels has been the only poor buy. Everyone else has either been a success, contributed, or is backing up as they should be.

Think I'd go along with that.

Jury is very much out on Gamez and Lazaar, bar them I agree. Considering the limited time he had to scout and find players who were willing to drop down to the Championship and the ridiculous amount of players we needed, he did a fantastic job in the summer IMO

This - one of the reasons why I haven't been tempted to criticize Rafa. Unfortunately, the team needs more surgery than he could manage in the summer but I am confident that if anyone can persuade decent players to step into the championship, he can That is what we need to hope over the next few weeks. Getting players to sign IF we get promotion will not be a major problem for him if the club support him with wages etc.

I haven't said anything about bad signings.

If we had another "homerun" of a signing on the wings or 10 we would be running away with the league already. Instead we seem to have steady,productive but not really top options in those areas

10 'homerun' signings is asking a lot like.

Just reread the start of this thread and how much disbelief we had at the rumours.  It's amazing how much the attitude has changed in the short period since he arrived and the work he has done with us, you wouldn't know it's the same club anymore

Guest neesy111

His daughters tactics. We should probably try it to be honest.

eh?

One player with the ball, with the rest of the squad in a circle around him protecting him and they run to goal.

This is one reason why the offside rule was introduced.

Guest firetotheworks

Isn't that what teams did before formations were introduced and formations unilaterally wiped the floor with teams using the Stifler method? [emoji38]

eh?

One player with the ball, with the rest of the squad in a circle around him protecting him and they run to goal.

obstruction tbh.

eh?

obstruction tbh.

:lol: Aye, all an opposition player would have to do is run towards one of the players and they'd get a free kick