Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest neesy111

Embarrassed by some of the nackers on here like.

Honestly KI, your are pathetic at times.  People are rightly concerned from 4 defeats in 7 league games.

Except that being concerned isn't what I find embarrassing. Carry on with your needlessly inflammatory tirades with everyone though. :thup:

While you're right about some of the OTT comments...you rarely add to a discussion these days. It's always just a snide insult. You ok?

Who's this regarding?

Head in the sand stuff from the usual lot. Be great if they'd engage in a healthy debate for once instead of throwing insults around.

Well said, tosspit.

:lol:

First post-defeat laugh, cheers  :D

Guest neesy111

Head in the sand stuff from the usual lot. Be great if they'd engage in a healthy debate for once instead of throwing insults around.

Well said, tosspit.

:ructions:

Well said, tosspit.

:lol:

First post-defeat laugh, cheers  :D

:lol: For the record i do agree with you, sometimes it's hard to tell when we lose.

The starting lineup (while not exciting) took the game to Blackburn and were thwarted by good keeping and some decent refereeing. Scored twice but rightfully ruled out.

The issue, from what I could see, was when we clearly dropped our sharpness and looked out of ideas...Rafa persisted for 20 mins too long. Hindsight is a fine thing but he should have changed quicker. It would have avoided the Colback spazfest and woke the team up a bit.

Very very disappointing...but it aint half as bad as what I'm reading. Deep breaths, people.

This :thup:

You can still criticise Benitez without hounding him out and it's quite clear there are problems. Despite the goal difference, I don't trust us to score past teams. We struggle with creativity and I think a clear formula has emerged on how to beat us. Game management is poor because subs are having no impact. The loyalty to Colback is baffling - I expected better from Rafa.

Was everyone fewming this time in 09/10 when we had exactly the same amount of points from 25 games or is it mainly because a lot of people thought we were going to win pretty much every game?

It's actually fairly impressive how quickly things have changed around from the 'is this real life?' pics when we scored goals earlier in the season.

The starting lineup (while not exciting) took the game to Blackburn and were thwarted by good keeping and some decent refereeing. Scored twice but rightfully ruled out.

The issue, from what I could see, was when we clearly dropped our sharpness and looked out of ideas...Rafa persisted for 20 mins too long. Hindsight is a fine thing but he should have changed quicker. It would have avoided the Colback spazfest and woke the team up a bit.

Very very disappointing...but it aint half as bad as what I'm reading. Deep breaths, people.

need a turn around and hopefully a break will give us a opportunity in the transfer market and a cup win to get us back on track

You can still criticise Benitez without hounding him out and it's quite clear there are problems. Despite the goal difference, I don't trust us to score past teams. We struggle with creativity and I think a clear formula has emerged on how to beat us. Game management is poor because subs are having no impact. The loyalty to Colback is baffling - I expected better from Rafa.

How any one can argue against any of this  :thup:

That's what Rafa should get stick for, didn't see much else wrong myself. (Anita's crap crossing did me head in too like)

I'm feeling somewhat malevolent after our draw at Sunderland, though that was as much to do with playing a two games less than 48 hours a fucking part, but if there's one thing I've noticed about you lot recently is your inability to come back from behind (Norwich being a dramatic exception, when i thought it might become the rule...). Honestly, under Rafa, we came from behind all the time. We always had that fight. If anything the problem was going ahead and then keeping a lead, not vice versa. Of course there's a difference in quality of players, but Rafa teams always show fight, and the apparent lack of it would concern me. Are you lacking players with the right mentality? Obviously Shelvey is a massive miss, and from what I've seen of you he's been instrumental, but you should have enough to beat the likes of Wednesday and Blackburn without him. It needs to be sorted because you'll never always score first.

I've also seen some criticism of Rafa's subs. As I've said before, I've never seen a manager use subs as well and with as much impact as him, even when they're almost runic in their impenetrability. Maybe he's lost that mojo for a bit. That would concern me too, though Id be confident he'll sort it. 

:thup: although this is mainly us minus Shelvey. He has his off game now and then but he single handedly turns us from mid-table plodders to runaway Championship winners :lol:

again, thought it worth pointing out for those who want rafa to make changes that he's a coach who believes in his system and training involves relentlessly running drills etc. in training so that the players understand it and can execute it

his response to some setbacks is not going to be to change the fucking system, it's going to be to run more drills and improve training so that they execute his plan properly

there was nothing wrong with the plan today, it was working well but the moment the other side started getting into the game colback fell apart (see the mistakes he made leading up to the goal) and gave away a fucking ludicrous free kick that gifted them the goal

i'd criticise him for picking colback, nothing else, hopefully he's learned his lesson

That tells me if we attack team a lot more and Rafa didn't over think things we would be ripping the league to bits.

Ronaldo said much earlier in the season that Burnley won the league at a stroll playing 4-4-2 (not that debate by the way) playing a midfield of Arfield/Barton/Boyd......can't exactly remember the players but the point was valid.

Not world beaters but set up just like Brighton are now, simple, effective and attacking. Rafa is complicating it a bit when he really doesn't need to (not at this level anyway).

I'm feeling somewhat malevolent after our draw at Sunderland, though that was as much to do with playing a two games less than 48 hours a f***ing part, but if there's one thing I've noticed about you lot recently is your inability to come back from behind (Norwich being a dramatic exception, when i thought it might become the rule...). Honestly, under Rafa, we came from behind all the time. We always had that fight. If anything the problem was going ahead and then keeping a lead, not vice versa. Of course there's a difference in quality of players, but Rafa teams always show fight, and the apparent lack of it would concern me. Are you lacking players with the right mentality? Obviously Shelvey is a massive miss, and from what I've seen of you he's been instrumental, but you should have enough to beat the likes of Wednesday and Blackburn without him. It needs to be sorted because you'll never always score first.

I've also seen some criticism of Rafa's subs. As I've said before, I've never seen a manager use subs as well and with as much impact as him, even when they're almost runic in their impenetrability. Maybe he's lost that mojo for a bit. That would concern me too, though Id be confident he'll sort it. 

:thup:

Good insight.