Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I have a sneaking suspicion that Rafa will have another good look at De Jong in the summer, especially *if* he can stay fit for the rest of this season. I get the impression that he quite rates him but just wasn't convinced by his ability to stay fit and play games.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Rafa will have another good look at De Jong in the summer, especially *if* he can stay fit for the rest of this season. I get the impression that he quite rates him but just wasn't convinced by his ability to stay fit and play games.

De Jong said he had the option to stay but Rafa wouldn't provide guarantees of playing time. It's a shame really as I think if he'd have even been fit enough for half the games this season he would have been an asset.

If Atsu couldn't get into yesterday's injury ravaged team, he's not going to have a future here if we go up a level.

Gayle also couldn't get into the same team.

:lol:

Gayle's not quite fit yet and is obviously lacking the confidence to run at full pace. Atsu has basically been behind Gouffran in the pecking order all season. Spot the difference.

:lol:

Gayle's not quite fit yet and is obviously lacking the confidence to run at full pace. Atsu has basically been behind Gouffran in the pecking order all season. Spot the difference.

I'm guessing they were both on the bench to bring on against tired legs, I think it was more tactical that both were on the bench.

De Jong said he had the option to stay but Rafa wouldn't provide guarantees of playing time. It's a shame really as I think if he'd have even been fit enough for half the games this season he would have been an asset.

He's the best #10 on our books by far, seems he's done quite well this season as well.

Actually been relatively injury free this season not that he's the answer.

He still seems to have missed quite a few games in a league where they play less. He would have been in bits in our league.

He's the best #10 on our books by far, seems he's done quite well this season as well.

If de Jong is the best No 10 we have, we really do have problems...more time off sick than Saylor....

LOL.

Ability wise, from the admittedly limitted time we've seen him, De Jong is better then both Perez and Diame, he's just very injury prone, and would have been murdered in this league.

Ability wise, from the admittedly limitted time we've seen him, De Jong is better then both Perez and Diame, he's just very injury prone, and would have been murdered in this league.

I still think Perez is the most talented of the three.  He's just weak as piss and it's so evident in this league.

If de Jong is the best No 10 we have, we really do have problems...more time off sick than Saylor....

Surprisingly I meant when fit.

I still think Perez is the most talented of the three.  He's just weak as piss and it's so evident in this league.

De Jong is almost as good as Perez technically and his football brain is miles ahead. I especially think he would be a better link with a smaller striker like Gayle, whereas Perez benefits from a bigger target man.

Not that this really matters given he'll probably not play for us again.

Guest reefatoon

We have seen absolutely nothing of De Jong to form any kind of basis of him being the best number 10 for us. It's just pure guess work.

Enters thread.

Sees people are earnestly talking about De fucking Jong as being better than Perez and Diame, and our ideal #10.

Leaves thread, but wishes to leave internet, and this world forever. Goodbye.

Guest chopey

Enters thread.

Sees people are earnestly talking about De f***ing Jong as being better than Perez and Diame, and our ideal #10.

Leaves thread, but wishes to leave internet, and this world forever. Goodbye.

Ta Rah

I think people are saying Siem de Jong is a better no.10 than Perez and Diame, actually. It's pretty straightforward and absolutely correct, in spite of the fact he's made of glass.

Based on the plethora more goals and assists De Jong has over both Perez and Diame, aye.