Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest neesy111

Don't see the point in analysing how Rafa is doing until next season. The football is boring but if we do well next season it will be forgotten

If we get promoted this season the only target for next season should be to stay up.  The season after is where we'll see what he's really capable of if we're playing in the Premiership.

Fuck that

Agreed, terrible ambition.

I'm sorry but the villa comparison is pathetic, it's the worst case scenario which f***ing just about everyone in this forum loves to use about us this season.  The fascination with them is embarrassing.

Using that example is a case for the defence for Ashley in saying how bad things could be if he sold up.

Which other teams should we use as comparison for spending 10s of millions of pounds when they were relegated?

I'm sorry but the villa comparison is pathetic, it's the worst case scenario which f***ing just about everyone in this forum loves to use about us this season.  The fascination with them is embarrassing.

Using that example is a case for the defence for Ashley in saying how bad things could be if he sold up.

Are you blind?  We were almost as bad as Villa were last season and we were in total turmoil until Rafa came in.

We finished 20 points ahead of Villa last season [emoji38]

f*** that

Expecting anything else will be totally unreasonable as we'll be up against clubs who have had the sky money to spend while we'll have peanuts from the Championship.

Don't see the point in analysing how Rafa is doing until next season. The football is boring but if we do well next season it will be forgotten

If we get promoted this season the only target for next season should be to stay up.  The season after is where we'll see what he's really capable of if we're playing in the Premiership.

Fuck that

rafa will be aiming for top half imo

Are you blind?  We were almost as bad as Villa were last season and we were in total turmoil until Rafa came in.

We were only 8 ahead when McClaren left like, and in abysmal form.

f*** that

Expecting anything else will be totally unreasonable as we'll be up against clubs who have had the sky money to spend while we'll have peanuts from the Championship.

Rafa isn't going to be happy with just avoiding relegation and neither should we

Guest Howaythetoon

f*** that

Not having that like, back Rafa and mid-table at least should be the aim. Rafa will of course want to be much higher! What we spend and how we spend it will make or break us next season. Give Rafa 100m for example and I am certain we can forget about a relegation fight and mere mid-table. Expect a Europa League push at the least.

f*** that

Agreed. Guaranteed a lot of our fans will moan about how we've had expectations lowered or whatever by Ashley but it's just being realistic.

Rafa isn't going to be happy with just avoiding relegation and neither should we

I'm fairly sure that if he's still here his target will be to stay up and if we do I'll see that as success.

Not having that like, back Rafa and mid-table at least should be the aim. Rafa will of course want to be much higher! What we spend and how we spend it will make or break us next season. Give Rafa 100m for example and I am certain we can forget about a relegation fight and mere mid-table. Expect a Europa League push at the least.

We're likely to be at a massive financial disadvantage.

Neesy, there's not a single defense of Ashley at all in the comparisons to the struggling former PL sides in this division. Your argument seems solely focused on we have spent ton of money and have highest wages so therefore we should be free and clear and promoted. No idea why you find the need to complain about every little thing all the damn time, my man. Relax.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm fairly sure that if he's still here his target will be to stay up and if we do I'll see that as success.

Nah, he will want more than that like. If that is his aim he will no longer have the required ambition that makes him prior to us one of the best in the world.

When Rafa arrived we were 8 points ahead of Villa.

That's still a lot for how many games were played at that time. Also, you didn't mention anything about who was managing us in your original post

Rafa will be gone if he doesn't get money to spend that will give us a much better team than merely being relegation battlers

Okay, I read that wrongly the first time. We still weren't almost as bad as Villa mind

Wagner and and Monk doing well doesn't detract from the fact Rafa is well on course to finish comfortably over 90 points with a side that was hurriedly thrown together.

He still had over £50m to spend though, I think wasn't like he had to scrap around for bargains though. 

Sick of hearing this shite. We lost something like 20 players since he came in, he wasnt building a team he building an entire squad.

sky is limit with Rafa but he'll need the total backing of our owner for us to achieve the success we deserve.

Sure the football can be boring and overly cautious but as it stands we're 1st and on track for promotion. Rafa is rebuilding the club as quickly and effeciently as possible while keeping sole focus on getting back to the PL.

Again, assuming we retain Rafa, worrying about this squad in the PL today is fucking stupid. We aren't up yet.

That's still a lot for how many games were played at that time. Also, you didn't mention anything about who was managing us in your original post

It's less than 1/3 of a point a game, hardly massive.

Guest neesy111

Neesy, there's not a single defense of Ashley at all in the comparisons to the struggling former PL sides in this division. Your argument seems solely focused on we have spent ton of money and have highest wages so therefore we should be free and clear and promoted. No idea why you find the need to complain about every little thing all the damn time, my man. Relax.

I'm complaining about how people think Rafa is some king which you described him as earlier.  He's doing about as good of a job I'd expect others with similar resources available to him to do.

Btw, I've never liked the bloke so I'll always will be in the negative camp with him.  I won't change that opinion but having an opposite opinion on here is never totally respected as has been seen many a time.

Guest Howaythetoon

With Rafa under the right conditions you are looking at a manager capable of winning the Premier League, remember that!