Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Not being daft for once I can slightly get why people are annoyed. A lot, not necessarily here, got swept up in the winning every game craic and massive scores each game and seem unable to see the bigger picture ahead of their short term gains. The bigger picture being promotion is everything and the anti being I can't brag on if we don't win games against shite teams by small margins to lads of other teams at work. This is intensified by the football on offer being functional rather funky but alas it ain't.

It hasn't been great, the football, even for the most harden realist. Neesy is correct, momentum is key for promoted sides, once they run out its over. (Hull, Burnley, Blackpool) However we aren't the usual promoted side and should have more going for us when we do go back up. I think the way we're setup will benefit us going forward as we will be underdogs, especially from home, but Rafa could have opened up at home and made this season a lot more easier on the nerves. He didn't that's his choice, personally not best pleased as it shows a lack of flex, but least he has a game plan, and follows it.

I'm happy he's here, he's the best manager we've had since SBR, its sparked a generation to care about the club again, but he's played this season wrong imo, he had so much more in him but played it safe. None of that matter if when we go up apart from one thing, momentum, again neesy is right, we may not have that when August comes round (we better have a squad that counteracts it is all im saying)

Not being daft for once I can slightly get why people are annoyed. A lot, not necessarily here, got swept up in the winning every game craic and massive scores each game and seem unable to see the bigger picture ahead of their short term gains. The bigger picture being promotion is everything and the anti being I can't brag on if we don't win games against s**** teams by small margins to lads of other teams at work. This is intensified by the football on offer being functional rather funky but alas it ain't.

It hasn't been great, the football, even for the most harden realist. Neesy is correct, momentum is key for promoted sides, once they run out its over. (Hull, Burnley, Blackpool) However we aren't the usual promoted side and should have more going for us when we do go back up. I think the way we're setup will benefit us going forward as we will be underdogs, especially from home, but Rafa could have opened up at home and made this season a lot more easier on the nerves. He didn't that's his choice, personally not best pleased as it shows a lack of flex, but least he has a game plan, and follows it.

I'm happy he's here, he's the best manager we've had since SBR, its sparked a generation to care about the club again, but he's played this season wrong imo, he had so much more in him but played it safe. None of that matter if when we go up apart from one thing, momentum, again neesy is right, we may not have that when August comes round (we better have a squad that counteracts it is all im saying)

'Momentum' is another myth that needs binning. If you think you're to get a result v Chelsea on opening day next season because you jizzed all over Wigan and Burton Albion, and won the league by 30 points,  you're in cloud cuckoo land.

Not being daft for once I can slightly get why people are annoyed. A lot, not necessarily here, got swept up in the winning every game craic and massive scores each game and seem unable to see the bigger picture ahead of their short term gains. The bigger picture being promotion is everything and the anti being I can't brag on if we don't win games against s**** teams by small margins to lads of other teams at work. This is intensified by the football on offer being functional rather funky but alas it ain't.

'Momentum' is another myth that needs binning. If you think you're to get a result v Chelsea on opening day next season because you jizzed all over Wigan and Burton Albion, and won the league by 30 points,  you're in cloud cuckoo land.

Worked for Palace today mind.

Toatal bollocks. See Burnley Vs Man utd, Hull under Phil Brown. Early momentum from being confident and on a buzz can win you matches, yes its not everything but every little helps.

Recent example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37067882

Not being daft for once I can slightly get why people are annoyed. A lot, not necessarily here, got swept up in the winning every game craic and massive scores each game and seem unable to see the bigger picture ahead of their short term gains. The bigger picture being promotion is everything and the anti being I can't brag on if we don't win games against shite teams by small margins to lads of other teams at work. This is intensified by the football on offer being functional rather funky but alas it ain't.

For me though, I very much think he doesn't gives a shit how we play as long it's winning football. I also get the picture as per last season he's a bit of of practice coaching relatively shite players and as a result shape and durability are key things.

For me though, I very much think he doesn't gives a shit how we play as long it's winning football. I also get the picture as per last season he's a bit of of practice coaching relatively shite players and as a result shape and durability are key things.

I'm sure he's rather us be playing better more attractive football if possible, but that's not the point, he's gone for the win, at least he knows how to win.

Not being arsey, not sure what you are saying in that last part.

Toatal bollocks. See Burnley Vs Man utd, Hull under Phil Brown. Early momentum from being confident and on a buzz can win you matches, yes its not everything but every little helps.

Recent example:

Burnley won that because they had a game plan which wasn't pretty, but they stuck to it, defended well, were compact and well organised, didn't make any errors and took their chances.  They let us have the ball and we couldn't do much with it. These attributes might sound familiar to you. I

Recent example:

Burnley won that because they had a game plan which wasn't pretty, but they stuck to it, defended well, were compact and well organised, didn't make any errors and took their chances.  They let us have the ball and we couldn't do much with it. These attributes might sound familiar to you. I

That's their gameplan now and its not working.

Case closed your honour.

This 'stubborn' s*** can p*ss right off too. He's not stubborn at all. He has methods which have brought him enormous success and to which he rightly cleaves. But he's cuts his cloth according to his means wherever he's been. If Rafa believed 4-4-2 or 1-1-9 would suit the staff and bring success, he'd do it. God knows where the stubborn myth comes from. He's a singular man, with an all consuming passion for the game, who works his knackers off. That's not the same as stubborn, which is the laziest, knee-jerk no-nothing s**** that people who don't understand the game one iota throw at him.

A well-articulated opinion, but it reeks of the messiah complex which so many outsiders accuse us of.

I know the guy who put together Fulham's scouting report on us and he said after the game how their staff were in disbelief that they hadn't had to deviate from their Plan A because Rafa simply refused to deviate from his.

I am absolutely over the moon we have him, I desperately hope the club do right by him and I believe in his ability to take us further than any manager since Bobby.

But he is stubborn. I can happily live with that, but he is.

Recent example:

That's their gameplan now and its not working.

Case closed your honour.

Er, they're not in the bottom 3. Do you think if they opened up and went for it they'd be better off?

I'm sure he's rather us be playing better more attractive football if possible, but that's not the point, he's gone for the win, at least he knows how to win.

Not being arsey, not sure what you are saying in that last part.

Not used to dealing with relatively poorer players therefore shape, discipline, function > flamboyance so long as we win. Things that won't need changing for next season.

Rafa is a bit stubborn, he has his system and way of playing and he absolutely needs the personnel for that system next year. Quality hardworking wide players, a pacey striker, at least one proper #10, an imposing central midfielder, two robust PL quality CBs who do the basics well. Could go on and on, but they spring to mind first and foremost.

At the moment we're well short, and it shows most with the likes of Colback in the middle, and Gouffran out wide. Rafa wanted two players in those areas. He knows where we're short, and he'll know what we need when we go up and how much money it's going to take. The board have to back him. It didn't happen in January, they have one more chance to not piss him off, or any momentum the club has will go up in smoke.

This 'stubborn' s*** can p*ss right off too. He's not stubborn at all. He has methods which have brought him enormous success and to which he rightly cleaves. But he's cuts his cloth according to his means wherever he's been. If Rafa believed 4-4-2 or 1-1-9 would suit the staff and bring success, he'd do it. God knows where the stubborn myth comes from. He's a singular man, with an all consuming passion for the game, who works his knackers off. That's not the same as stubborn, which is the laziest, knee-jerk no-nothing s**** that people who don't understand the game one iota throw at him.

A well-articulated opinion, but it reeks of the messiah complex which so many outsiders accuse us of.

I know the guy who put together Fulham's scouting report on us and he said after the game how their staff were in disbelief that they hadn't had to deviate from their Plan A because Rafa simply refused to deviate from his.

I am absolutely over the moon we have him, I desperately hope the club do right by him and I believe in his ability to take us further than any manager since Bobby.

But he is stubborn. I can happily live with that, but he is.

We've had a few Messiahs of our own at LFC too, you know  :mike:

But there's nothing wrong in loving a bloke who has devoted his heart and soul to your club and given you some of the greatest moments of you football supporting life (and i lived through the 1980s...) and did it with charm and humility.

Stubborn is a way too easy and a way to lazy word to tag on Rafa. It really is.

Rafa is a bit stubborn, he has his system and way of playing and he absolutely needs the personnel for that system next year. Quality hardworking wide players, a pacey striker, at least one proper #10, an imposing central midfielder, two robust PL quality CBs who do the basics well. Could go on and on, but they spring to mind first and foremost.

At the moment we're well short, and it shows most with the likes of Colback in the middle, and Gouffran out wide. Rafa wanted two players in those areas. He knows where we're short, and he'll know what we need when we go up and how much money it's going to take. The board have to back him. It didn't happen in January, they have one more chance to not piss him off, or any momentum the club has will go up in smoke.

:thup:

the other thing with rafa is that when he says something, he means it.

we can trust him.

we no longer have put up with useless dishonest c***s doing ashley's bidding.

Agreed, we get no bullshit from him and it's refreshing.

the other thing with rafa is that when he says something, he means it.

we can trust him.

we no longer have put up with useless dishonest cunts doing ashley's bidding.

This is huge for me, breath of fresh air compared to the drivel we heard from Pardew and co.

If we go up and Rafa gets what he wants we will be absolutely fine, I think people over rate the bottom half of the Premier League. Get some new faces in early in the Summer and we will be fine after Rafa has had a Summer to work with them. I am one of the most pessimistic fans going but I think he will get backed by Ashley. He knows if he doesn't back Rafa we will go down surely. Whatever happens it has been nice to have that nervous feeling when we are leading 1-0 and it has felt great to care about the club after actively wanting us to lose games under Pardew and Carver. That is all down to one man at the end of the day.