Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Rafa spends the entire game in the technical area, until we are defending set pieces then he sits down and the taller dark haired bloke get up. Today not so much, the technical area was often empty.

Thought tactically he played it spot on, much more expansive.  My one worry is that he wasn't in the technical area as much, almost as if to say "there you go, that's what you want, I want nowt to do with it"

Nah.

Thought tactically he played it spot on, much more expansive.  My one worry is that he wasn't in the technical area as much, almost as if to say "there you go, that's what you want, I want nowt to do with it"

Nah.

Nah the tactics or the technical box stuff ? I haven't seen the technical box empty so much since he came here.

Nah.

Nah the tactics or the technical box stuff ? I haven't seen the technical box empty so much since he came here.

Technical box stuff. He was out plenty of times, though yes not has much as recently. You're reading way too much into it.

Is that not down to the fact that we absolutely bossed and controlled the game, there was no need to come out, shout instructions?

That's what I think, he didn't have any reason to come out and try to manage the game.

Is that not down to the fact that we absolutely bossed and controlled the game, there was no need to come out, shout instructions?

No matter how we are doing he's out all the time.....till we are defending a set piece, then AND ONLY THEN does he sit down!

No matter how we are doing he's out all the time.....till we are defending a set piece, then AND ONLY THEN does he sit down!

Just not true.

He was up most of the time towards the end of the game, he wasn't when we were all over them and had no reason to be.

He was up most of the time towards the end of the game, he wasn't when we were all over them and had no reason to be.

Even when we are all over teams, he's in that box. Today was the first occasion I can remember the box being, erm...vacant!

Even when we are all over teams, he's in that box. Today was the first occasion I can remember the box being, erm...vacant!

Nah.

Crikey...just a tiny little aside I thought some others may have picked up on.

I noticed him sitting down for long spells, I just didn't read into it what you have.

Unlike many I wouldn't say "this is why", just musing and saying it's a little strange wouldn't you say ?

Unlike many I wouldn't say "this is why", just musing and saying it's a little strange wouldn't you say ?

I've noticed him do it before and it seems to depend on how the game is going.

I've noticed him do it before and it seems to depend on how the game is going.

I haven't. Can;t remember seeing our technical area untended this season.

As every week goes by I'm more baffled by some of his decisions, we have the strongest team in the league on paper and we consistently look poor, and when we don't like last night we can't kill teams off and we go negative and concede.

Seems to be more interested in complaining to the fourth official most of the time.

Hope to god he makes better decisions for us as a premier league manager.