Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/whats-on/merino-joins-manquillo-and-jacob/224/

Today we welcome Mikel Merino, who has just joined our project, and also Javier Manquillo and Jacob Murphy, who joined a few days ago in the middle of our intensive pre-season schedule, with training sessions and friendly matches. All three are young players, with great futures and much to contribute to our team, including making it more competitive for the new season. Welcome Mikel, Javier and Jacob.We continue to work in pursuit of our goal. COME ON TOONS !!!

:smitten:

The man is just a class act.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/whats-on/merino-joins-manquillo-and-jacob/224/

Today we welcome Mikel Merino, who has just joined our project, and also Javier Manquillo and Jacob Murphy, who joined a few days ago in the middle of our intensive pre-season schedule, with training sessions and friendly matches. All three are young players, with great futures and much to contribute to our team, including making it more competitive for the new season. Welcome Mikel, Javier and Jacob.We continue to work in pursuit of our goal. COME ON TOONS !!!

:smitten:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :love:

Ever had one of those relationship where at the start everything is perfect and you know your falling in love with them but you also know that some day the relationship will end and you will be heartbroken?

This is that.

[emoji38] :thup:

Rafa taking about the atmosphere is really interesting.  I'd like think it's not out of the realms of possibility the atmosphere next season at home games could be it's best for donkeys years.  SJP is far better when we are classed as the underdogs, when the cards are stacked against us.

The atmosphere definitely suffered last season when we were expected to roll teams over, previous PL years it was s*** because we were a zombie club.  Top of the football book of cliches but when that place is rocking it must help the players massively, absolutely class when SJP is a bear pit of noise

Rafa is generating a siege mentality it seems and hope and belief is with him. That should hopefully see teams come here next year absolutely shitting it. There should be endless singing for the team and in the gaps endless booing of the opposition. For Rafa if for nowt else. I adore this bloke. He has reminded NUFC what it means to be NUFC.

For me, he's changed what it means to be NUFC, for the better too.

In the past, even when we were decent, we had a habit of making statement signings and mindless attacking football, without thinking about the overall picture.

Rafa has made NUFC about teamwork, honesty, hunger, hard work but most of all, smart football.

No more going away from home to be on the end of a hiding because we can't be arsed to think about tactics. No more arrogant twats using us as a stepping stone. No more fan debates about the merits of the manager. No more pandering to the owner and his minions. No more feeble excuses from the dugout.

For once, we can lose a game of football knowing that the manager will be hurting as much as us, and even better, knows exactly how to fix the problem.

Rafa  :smitten:

In the past, even when we were decent, we had a habit of making statement signings and mindless attacking football, without thinking about the overall picture.

Rafa has made NUFC about teamwork, honesty, hunger, hard work but most of all, smart football.

No more going away from home to be on the end of a hiding because we can't be arsed to think about tactics. No more arrogant t***s using us as a stepping stone. No more fan debates about the merits of the manager. No more pandering to the owner and his minions. No more feeble excuses from the dugout.

For once, we can lose a game of football knowing that the manager will be hurting as much as us, and even better, knows exactly how to fix the problem.

Amen brother.

No more going away from home to be on the end of a hiding because we can't be arsed to think about tactics. No more arrogant t***s using us as a stepping stone. No more fan debates about the merits of the manager. No more pandering to the owner and his minions. No more feeble excuses from the dugout.

That's it like! ?

Why don't we have much money is what I'm wondering, everyone is flush with cash apart from us?

Ashley has been fairly straight in the sense that the club pays for itself now, he won't take owt out, nor put anything in.

Until we generate as much as the other Prem clubs, we'll be at a disadvantage.

I think I read somewhere we get the TV money at the end of July, does anyone know if that's correct?

No more going away from home to be on the end of a hiding because we can't be arsed to think about tactics. No more arrogant twats using us as a stepping stone. No more fan debates about the merits of the manager. No more pandering to the owner and his minions. No more feeble excuses from the dugout.

This is top banana.

We desperately need Ashley to sell over the next 12 months to have any hope of him staying in the longer term imho.

that takeover shit has died a proper death i see, so it was either bollocks in the first place or they've talked to the wretched cunt and walked after hearing his 'demands'

rafa is literally our only hope

We desperately need Ashley to sell over the next 12 months to have any hope of him staying in the longer term imho.

that takeover shit has died a proper death i see, so it was either bollocks in the first place or they've talked to the wretched cunt and walked after hearing his 'demands'

:thup:

Agree on both points.

How anyone would be mad enough to enter into any partnership with Ashley is beyond me. It would literally be a nightmare.

To even entertain that he'd cede any control or authority in practice is crackers.

It's a full sale or the eventual loss of Rafa. They're the only outcomes here.

:thup:

Agree on both points.

How anyone would be mad enough to enter into any partnership with Ashley is beyond me. It would literally be a nightmare.

To even entertain that he'd cede any control or authority in practice is crackers.

It's a full sale or the eventual loss of Rafa. They're the only outcomes here.

:okay:

Nailed on to go and get beat 5 nil by Huddersfield now like  :lol:

Cracking post mind, sums it up.

We will get a couple of big defeats on the road, but only because of the gulf between us and ,say, City. Even Rafa can't do much about that.

We wont be going to Stoke and Swansea and giving limp performances. We will work hard, even if it means only getting a point.

Can't wait to see us go away from home and sit back with a smile knowing it's Rafa's bread and butter.

At home we have work to do mind, we still need to learn how to take teams apart. Ironically, it might be easier this year as less teams will park the bus at SJP. We won't get as much respect as last year.

I don't think we'll get hammered much this season, tbh. There might be one or even two at a stretch, but no more. We'll lose a few but he'll have them too organised and focussed to get hammered loads.

Agreed.

It's also the reason why I dont think we will get relegated.

I do worry about us at home though. Last year wasn't good enough.

I don't think we'll go down either. It's going to be a big test for us though, so hopefully the atmosphere at home is far better than it was last year. I love SJP when our back's against the wall, the 2-2 vs Liverpool where Yanga-Mbiwa was sent off and the games against Chelsea spring to mind.