Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I feel a lot more relaxed about things tonight. Not sure why like.

He'd have gone if yesterday truly was the final straw, I guess.

Glad the shitshow is over for a couple of months anyway, hopefully we can knuckle down and start winning a few matches.

Glad the shitshow is over for a couple of months anyway, hopefully we can knuckle down and start winning a few matches.

:thup:

I really don't. There is nobody better for this club than Rafa and they have fucked that. He would have rebuilt us and had us competing if them cunts had bought into it

Yep, Rafa can get on with working out how these average players can combine to win things. I have confidence in him doing that.

Long term we've got little to look forward to, but at least our players are more likeable now.

:thup:

A good points return from the next 3 and the mood will be looking up again. This (Rafa being here) will always be a house of cards under Ashley, I've always thought he'd see the season out but after yesterday I'm worried if he'll still be here for the Burnley home game (on the deadline of January window).

I remember a great post by someone in the McClaren thread after Leicester beat us 0-3 at home, can't remember who it was but his point still stands: the Ashley regime has 2 more chapters, appoint a figurehead or sell up. He either wants a successful club (:lol:) or he doesn't.  I believe Rafa is his chance. If he's forced out the whole thing will turn toxic  until Ashley sells up. Hopefully Rafa is still here before the Chelsea home game on the last day, and we have a new owner at that point.  We can only but hope.

Full 25 man squad:

Newcastle United

25 Squad players (*=Home grown)

Aarons, Rolando*

Clark, Ciaran*

Colback, Jack Raymond*

Darlow, Karl*

Diame, Mohamed

Dummett, Paul*

Elliot, Robert*

Gamez Duarte, Jesus

Gayle, Dwight Devon Boyd*

Gutierrez, Ayoze Perez

Haidara, Massadio

Hayden, Isaac Scot*

Lascelles, Jamaal*

Lejeune, Florian Gregoire Claude

Manquillo Gaitan, Javier

Mato Sanmartin, Jose Luis

Mbemba, Chancel Mangulu

Mitrovic, Aleksander

Murphy, Jacob Kai*

Ritchie, Matthew Thomas*

Saivet, Henri

Shelvey, Jonjo*

Sterry, Jamie Michael*

Twasam, Christian Atsu

Yedlin, Deandre

He was never going to leave immediately, he's under contract and it would cost him £5m. He'll now be looking ahead to his next job, and he'll probably not be planning to be here next season whereas before this summer he definitely was. He'll do his best while he is here though, he's a proud man.

He was never going to leave immediately, he's under contract and it would cost him £5m. He'll now be looking ahead to his next job, and he'll probably not be planning to be here next season whereas before this summer he definitely was. He'll do his best while he is here though, he's a proud man.

It's the only reason why he hasn't walked already but is a certainty to be away once a club of some stature comes in for him and they will in the not too distant future either. It's gone beyond affinity with the supporters now (as some think this will keep him here this season it won't) and not a chance he won't be away with the first decent opportunity becoming available. Think some of our fans are living in dreamland if they think he will be here in the near future never mind the end of the season.

When all is said and done if we'd signed Kenedy and Targett on loan would most of us have been happy and would Rafa have been? Missing out on those 2 shouldn't define our season but the abject failure by Ashley to back his man to spend reasonable amounts to secure a left back, a keeper and another striker could. We don't appear to have been anywhere near to getting any of those positions filled by permanent replacements. There were names linked with us that were simply not going to happen; I have no idea what the actual plan was. I'd love to know who was on Rafa's wish list and who he expected to get (Abraham, yes but who else).

If I were Rafa I'd walk at the first opportunity, Ashley has completely mugged him off.

Reckon it still could've been last straw - but he's made decision and will wait for the right offer to leave, instead of buying out his contract for millions.

Full 25 man squad:

Newcastle United

25 Squad players (*=Home grown)

Aarons, Rolando*

Clark, Ciaran*

Colback, Jack Raymond*

Darlow, Karl*

Diame, Mohamed

Dummett, Paul*

Elliot, Robert*

Gamez Duarte, Jesus

Gayle, Dwight Devon Boyd*

Gutierrez, Ayoze Perez

Haidara, Massadio

Hayden, Isaac Scot*

Lascelles, Jamaal*

Lejeune, Florian Gregoire Claude

Manquillo Gaitan, Javier

Mbemba, Chancel Mangulu

Mitrovic, Aleksander

Murphy, Jacob Kai*

Ritchie, Matthew Thomas*

Saivet, Henri

Shelvey, Jonjo*

Sterry, Jamie Michael*

Twasam, Christian Atsu

Yedlin, Deandre

What's the score with Haidara? Completely forgot about this lad. Is he injured?

He turned that into "Joselu"  :lol:

What's strange about it? Very common short form for his name.

It's very weird in English culture. We might initial his name IE 'J-L' but that's about it.

My godson's father is called 'Juanmi', short for Juan Miguel.

He turned that into "Joselu"  :lol:

What's strange about it? Very common short form for his name.

It's very weird in English culture. We might initial his name IE 'J-L' but that's about it.

My godson's father is called 'Juanmi', short for Juan Miguel.

Makes much more sense than Billy and Bobby and Jack and Mick and Paddy and Sandy etc. imo.