Leicester City 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 14/03/16 - post match reaction from p.44

BlueStar

I don't think we particularly deserved a point like. Handball aside (and even that was headed straight at the goalkeeper) we didn't come close to scoring. Schmeichel had absolutely nothing to do.

Other than the goal which was a defensive mistake neither did they, struggling to think of a Elliot save all game. Also we had some chances but most of the time we scuffed the shots.

That's kind of the idea of football though.

Unlucky not to get a point.  Looked far more organised than usual and their goal was quite clearly offside.  Still certain players haven't changed, Sissoko for instance is a fucking calamity.  Either wasting possession or actively getting in the way of our own players (Mitrovic would have had a clear scoring opportunity had he not got right in front of him).  Also Janmaat just goes through the motions, never looks like he's really crossing with any intent, just hopeful "I tried" balls into the box, same with his passing.

Didn't feel anything when we lost. Thought I would care more after Rafa joined. Losing seems to have become normal.

Opposite here, I spent pretty much all of the second half stood up and swearing at the TV, like the olden days.

:lol: Yep, same.

http://i.imgur.com/MQK4Zwu.png

His arm is clearly in his side.  He's just got six iches of invisible fat.

Hehe, with the momentum of movement there's not a person on this planet that could have their arm flat against their side making that turn. As someone else said, if that'd been given against us I'd be seething.

We were much better and unlucky with the penalty. We worked some openings against an organized team, but didn't make the most of them. Leicester's game plan is to give you the ball but let you do nothing with it. We weren't that far off managing it.

Sadly all ballwatching for the overhead kick. He was under no pressure at all. Other than that, we defended pretty well. We'd have lost at least 3-0 under McClaren.

Lots of niggly niggly and diving from them. They're not as endearing close up.

Didn't feel anything when we lost. Thought I would care more after Rafa joined. Losing seems to have become normal.

Opposite here, I spent pretty much all of the second half stood up and swearing at the TV, like the olden days.

Thirded. I actually shouted at the screen. I remember the good old days where I could break shit in anger, perhaps I will be there once more with Benitez :smitten:

I don't think we particularly deserved a point like. Handball aside (and even that was headed straight at the goalkeeper) we didn't come close to scoring. Schmeichel had absolutely nothing to do.

Goal aside they have not another shot on target.  I think we defo deserved a draw.

Definite penalty and definitely offside in the build up to their goal, it's those things that happen when you're down on your luck though, just not got to let it effect us and if we'd have scored one of our guilt-edged chances then it would have been inconsequential anyway.

100% deserved the draw, but happy enough it was an inspiring display and a rugged determination not to let our heads dropped. Indefinitely better than any McClaren away performance.

Other than the goal which was a defensive mistake neither did they, struggling to think of a Elliot save all game. Also we had some chances but most of the time we scuffed the shots.

That's kind of the idea of football though.

You say that like i don't know that :lol: Just saying on the balance of play there really wasn't a massive difference.

Guest firetotheworks

The press love Leicester winning  :roll eyes:

Come on Spurs !!

They do now that it looks like they'll win and it's convenient. Wanting Spurs to win the title man. :anguish:

http://i.imgur.com/MQK4Zwu.png

His arm is clearly in his side.  He's just got six iches of invisible fat.

Hehe, with the momentum of movement there's not a person on this planet that could have their arm flat against their side making that turn. As someone else said, if that'd been given against us I'd be seething.

No, and the bit in bold is true. This is just a still image though: If it was just the fact his wasn't by his side in this instance it wouldn't be a pen, but the killer is that he moves his arm towards the ball.

I bet the Mackems set up to kick us off the park, just hope Rafa has something up his sleeve tactics-wise to put them back in their place ;)

Better performance, narrow defeat - it's what I expected but after the game I'm actually pretty disappointed, they scored from their only shot on target, we controlled the second half and should have had a clear pen.

Thirded. I actually shouted at the screen. I remember the good old days where I could break shit in anger, perhaps I will be there once more with Benitez :smitten:

I'm with Sempuki. Still dead inside. Rafa caused some stirring but today cold reality bit hard, and 10 games is too much to ask from the man. I hope I'm wrong.

Need to see the interviews. Is it bad that I'm considering the omens of it being Rafa's first time of taking over a club and starting with a loss? (If I read the article right that I saw earlier).