Newcastle United v Sunderland - Sunday 20th March 2016 at 1:30PM (live on Sky)

Andy84

I just hope we don't go out and be all over hyped and nervous, like the last 6 derby matches  :lol: Rafa has experience of management in much bigger matches than this, so I am fairly certain he will keep a calm atmosphere.

Players scared to have the ball and play at home against Sunderland ffs :anguish:

Meeting an old mate who I haven't seen in 20 years for this one,in the charming sleepy fishing village of Pattaya. He is an intense mackem, albeit South Tyneside variety,hope he turns up alone !

Gan to Nicky's like?

http://i.imgur.com/MFOpx.jpg

I'm always nervous for Derby matches, not sure how some people are so confident, especially with their recent record over us

They are a shit team BUT we either haven't turned up of they have had a huge slice of luck

I do expect us to start the game positively and for them to sit back, absolutely vital we get an early goal as that will ruin their entire game plan

I thought they were nervous as hell at their place, we could have easily gone ahead if not for our crap finishing. I don't think they will be confident either, especially under Fat Sam who will be all about keeping a clean sheet. Its' going to be poor game more than likely, if we can keep it calm and compact, we can get the win. Their defence is as error prone as ours so there will be chances.

I'm always nervous for Derby matches, not sure how some people are so confident, especially with their recent record over us

They are a s*** team BUT we either haven't turned up of they have had a huge slice of luck

I do expect us to start the game positively and for them to sit back, absolutely vital we get an early goal as that will ruin their entire game plan

I thought they were nervous as hell at their place, we could have easily gone ahead if not for our crap finishing. I don't think they will be confident either, especially under Fat Sam who will be all about keeping a clean sheet. Its' going to be poor game more than likely, if we can keep it calm and compact, we can get the win. Their defence is as error prone as ours so there will be chances.

Unfortunately we'll still have those same crap finishers playing on Sunday.

One thing's for sure, we're due an absolutely massive slice of luck in this fixture. They've had everything their own way for ages.

We're well overdue giving them a good spanking too, I just hope it all falls into place on Sunday. I guess this is the time to see if Rafa can turn our fortunes around, I think that's why everyone is so nervous, not only is it a derby, it's the major tuning point of a hideous season and if it doesn't turn for us its going to be a massive uphill struggle.

Meeting an old mate who I haven't seen in 20 years for this one,in the charming sleepy fishing village of Pattaya. He is an intense mackem, albeit South Tyneside variety,hope he turns up alone !

Gan to Nicky's like?

http://i.imgur.com/MFOpx.jpg

Cracking pair.

The main thing that gives me hope going into this fixture is that we have generally performed best against teams which have sat deep and afforded the midfield time and space to play considered passes forward - West Ham, West Brom, even Arsenal away due to the amount of respect they showed us when they were out of possession. If Allardyce's plan is to defend deep and counter-attack  (as I strongly suspect it will be), then Shelvey and Wijnaldum should be able to dictate play quite freely. When this has been the case in the past, we have often looked dangerous; hopefully Sunday will be no exception.

The main thing that gives me hope going into this fixture is that we have generally performed best against teams which have sat deep and afforded the midfield time and space to play considered passes forward - West Ham, West Brom, even Arsenal away due to the amount of respect they showed us when they were out of possession. If Allardyce's plan is to defend deep and counter-attack  (as I strongly suspect it will be), then Shelvey and Wijnaldum should be able to dictate play quite freely. When this has been the case in the past, we have often looked dangerous; hopefully Sunday will be no exception.

I agree with this to an extent but I also think we find it hard to break teams down that defend deep, hopefully Shelvey can be the one to find that killer pass though. Our best game came when a shoddy defence tried to take us on by attacking freely, we tore Norwich apart that game.

That Cottage pie :scared:

Looks like a microwave meal.  :lol:

The chicken kiev ('Tuesdays special') looks like its been arranged to look like a comedy dick-n-balls. Complete with a crinkle-cut chip scrotum, marrowfat pea pubic hair and some sort of garlic discharge. Perhaps it was modelled on the mackem casanova up there when he whipped it out at one of the ladyboys.....

http://seo-siam.com/nickys/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/CHICKEN-KIEV.jpg

How are they likely to line-up on Sunday?

Going with Kirchhoff, Cattermole and M'Vila or benching Cattermole for an offensive player?

Cattermole is their most offensive player