Championship Planning

Tiresias

Well that's me playing on for one more season for my Saturday league side. Most of the Newcastle games won't be Saturday's at 3pm, they'll be TV games Thursday, Friday and other wonderfully messed about nights.

Not going to miss too many games if i play on.

Forgot about this. When we were in the Championship last time I don't think I've ever watched as many live Newcastle games (legally :shifty: ) as I did that season. We were on all the time :lol:

It'll be more now as there are more games shown than ever. Quite enjoyed it last time.

Guest neesy111

We'll definitely be on a fair few Friday nights, infact I fancy us to be the first Friday night game if we're away. Forest will do.

Premiership is on friday next season.

In Krul, Lascelles, Colback and Mitro we've got a decent Championship spine, but it's impossible to predict what the squad will look like at this point, I'd say. The only thing I'd be comfortable in predicting is that we won't win the league.

Please return the Banana kit. Give us something to love again :(

Like that's the only thing making this club unloveable  :lol:  :p

I know but, damn that kit was lovely.

http://talksport.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/201405/89725505.jpg?itok=6uIlHPAI

:love: :rose: :love:

I'd keep:

Darlow, Elliot, Lascelles, Anita, Dummet, Aarons, Mbemba (but he'll likely leave), Haidara, Mbabu, Armstrong, Bigirimana, Perez & Mitrovic (though the last two might also leave).

Discounting how shit he has been for us apart from a handful of games, Colback and Shelvey would comfortably be a very good partnership in that league. Grant Leadbitter has just been promoted with Boro. Shelvey would comfortably get double figures in assists and possibly goals imo. We have to let anyone leave who doesn't want to be here though. A lot of the players in the 09/10 promotion team have constantly repeated how important it was to get the unhappy players out of the dressing room.

-------------------------Any of our GK's--------------------

Anita------------Mbema*--------------Lascelles----------Dummett

New---------------Shelvey----------------Colback------------New

----------------Armstrong?-----------Mitrovic*---------------

*If they will stay

It's a bit of a gamble with Armstrong. We would preferably bring in a goalscorer, but Armstrong could be a big player for us if he can step up a level. I would like some experience in there, especially in the defence, but if Anita and Lascelles keep up their form, and nobody bids for Mbemba, you would want them in the team.

I think we will be down for quite a while, need to really start from scratch in midfield and up front. If Rafa goes I'm done with us as I don't see us making an inspiring appointment and we will end up with the same shit again and again.

We should be keeping Rafa, flogging the shit but play hardball for players that might be wanted ( Sissoko, Wijnaldum) and just give Rafa the money to spend to change this club from absolute losers to something that resembles a football club. I would happily see us bring in our younger players if any worth the chance and give Aaron's, Mbabu places in the team if fit.

A good balanced centre mid is a must and 2 good direct wingers.

I think we should keep everyone and target first year promotion by having the best squad in Championship.  I know some people will want to ship out the likes of Colback but the truth is as a Championship club we are no longer an attractive destination and there is no guarantee that what we bring in will be better off.

Guest Hog

-----------------------------Elliott---------------------------------

New------------Mbema*--------------Lascelles----------Dummett

Thauvin--------Shelvey---------------Colback-------------Aarons

----------------Armstrong------------Mitrovic*-------------------

Others: *De Jong, *Goufran, Mbabu, Haidara, Toney, Ameobi, Vukic, Haidara, Darlow.

*If they will stay

I can't see Krul, Townsend, Janmaat, Perez, Cissé, Tiote, Sissoko, Gini, Anita or Saivet staying. And I'd hope we'd ditch Riviere, Bigi and Cabella. We'd still need a decent (and imo) British right back, other than that I reckon we should have a half decent squad to get promoted from the Championship if we're lucky - mind, anyone that leaves will make it that much harder to restock our squad to premiership level if we did return.

Oh, and I'd love a similar away kit to the flying bananas!  O0

Loan out Mbemba, Townsend, Mitrovic

Sell/Get rid of Krul, Taylor, Coloccini, Janmaat, Shelvey, Tiote, De Jong, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Thauvin, Cabella, Gouffran, Riviere, Cisse, Doumbia, Ameobi, Vuckic

Elliott

Anita Lascelles Mbabu/Dummett Haidara

New Colback Saivet Aarons

Armstrong Perez

?