Newcastle United vs Swansea City - Saturday 16th April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Figures 1-0 Football

Hoping we can get to half time without conceding. We've not managed it under Rafa so far. No glaring mistakes or cheap free kicks please.

The game against Southampton was lost by that stage, but we've generally done better in the second half.

If we win this, we could actually be in with a slim chance of staying up, looking at the remaining fixtures for the other two craptastic teams. No reason at all why we can't win this or shouldn't expect the players to be capable of beating Swansea at home, but we won't, that's almost certain !

I think we'll get a draw. Swansea aren't a good team but unless they've got a bunch of kids at the back they'll defend better than us. That said with Janmaat and Taylor out we might look slightly less crap defensively. If Colo, Dummett and Mbabu were fit I might even feel some hope.

Been told that Mbabu us fit and is likely to play RB with Colback LB, Colo and Mbemba in the centre and that Sissoko could be benched.

Colo? Thought he was confirmed as out?

Good news about Mbabu if true.

Been told that Mbabu us fit and is likely to play RB with Colback LB, Colo and Mbemba in the centre and that Sissoko could be benched.

It's what I was told, this bloke knows a few at the club and was at the U21's midweek.

It's what I was told, this bloke knows a few at the club and was at the U21's midweek.

Better news about Sissoko. Wonder if the invisible man in centre will survive.

My missus is due to give birth so will hopefully give this a complete miss

Either way you are in for a long agonising experience then.

Good luck mate :thup: hope all goes well.

Says something when given the option in the very worst case scenario, and if nobody else was available, i'd be leaning towards Colback playing CM over Wiji.

Cheers, should do. Cant't wait for sleepless nights again with my toddler and new born destroying my sleep patterns :).

Just hope it happens today as overdue and I could give this match a clear miss.

Cheers, should do. Cant't wait for sleepless nights again with my toddler and new born destroying my sleep patterns :).

All the best man. NUFC is irrelevant at times like these. Hopefully you'll receive double the good news by tomorrow evening.

So reading between the lines from what I was told; Colo must have had a reaction since Wednesday. I could be cynical and suggest he doesn't fancy it/ can't be arsed.

I got shot down for suggesting that the other day but I don't think he's got the heart for the battle either.

If it happens today then surely you're free to go the match tomorrow???

If it happens today then surely you're free to go the match tomorrow???

I could give it a shot, not sure I would be welcome back after[emoji38]