The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Guest firetotheworks

Such an obvious point to make but Messi really wasn't that amazing, despite his hat-trick, assist, and winning a penalty. [emoji38] That just sums him up.

Guest firetotheworks

Cannot get Bravo's howler out of my head [emoji38]

Struggling to think of a worse display of decision making that I've seen anywhere throughout my life.

That one where a defender lobbed his own defender, then his 'keeper, then went to clear it and blasted it into the net. [emoji38]

Preston are playing really well right now, another win. Those two games (back to back ?) we have against them coming up will be tough, got a feeling we'll lose one of them.

Without checking their results, I get the impression that they are getting results against the big teams.  Hope that continues on Saturday as they are playing Norwich next.

Cannot get Bravo's howler out of my head [emoji38]

Struggling to think of a worse display of decision making that I've seen anywhere throughout my life.

That one where a defender lobbed his own defender, then his 'keeper, then went to clear it and blasted it into the net. [emoji38]

Who was that keeper that handled the ball in our Uefa Cup qualifying game about a decade ago? :lol:

Guest neesy111

That was great [emoji38]

When I read that Pep wanted to sign Bravo because he wanted a better ball-playing keeper I couldn't believe it. His distribution has always been awful.

Because it always bullshit.  He wanted a better overall goalkeeper, Hart is fucking useless at long range shots.

Pep's post game comments really annoyed me. He's far too stuborn about playingit out the back.

I don't understand why people keep going on about this :lol:

It is the way he prefers to play. He is rightly dogmatic about it so that the keepers he has are not ever in any doubt of what they should be doing. Will mistakes happen? Yes they will, but he is fine with that, and accepts it as part of the deal. Looking instead to continue to work on minimising them while continuing to play how he wants.

What is the problem? :lol:

The way those goofy pundits kept on squealing about clearing your lines man. Just shut up. I would rather have a keeper and team that took the risks Peps team takes than one that just hoofs the ball back to the opposition all the time, and sits back, which is what the majority of these knackered managers do. Ah, yes very clever. Your team never has the ball and creates one chance a game, but hey, at least your keeper didn't make a mistake passing the ball out from the back. Lord give me strength!

I feel like they're in doubt more often than not. There's a time and a place for playing out the back, but I feel like Pep has drilled his keepers into making that their first instinct.

Last night wasn't the time or the place. Away from home, against one of the best pressing sides in the world. His decision cost them the game.

It may be admirable, but I think he should be a little more flexible at times. He just seems so stuck in his ways. Henry talked about Pep subbing him at half time because he didn't follow his directions despite scoring a goal. Also, Pique recently said that the team under Pep had no Plan B, and this one is better as they have the counter attack option as well as the death by possession method. I prefer managers to allow players to play their game.

Pep's post game comments really annoyed me. He's far too stuborn about playingit out the back.

I don't understand why people keep going on about this :lol:

It is the way he prefers to play. He is rightly dogmatic about it so that the keepers he has are not ever in any doubt of what they should be doing. Will mistakes happen? Yes they will, but he is fine with that, and accepts it as part of the deal. Looking instead to continue to work on minimising them while continuing to play how he wants.

What is the problem? :lol:

The way those goofy pundits kept on squealing about clearing your lines man. Just shut up. I would rather have a keeper and team that took the risks Peps team takes than one that just hoofs the ball back to the opposition all the time, and sits back, which is what the majority of these knackered managers do. Ah, yes very clever. Your team never has the ball and creates one chance a game, but hey, at least your keeper didn't make a mistake passing the ball out from the back. Lord give me strength!

It's not black or white though. You could try to play it out from the back, but at the same time be allowed to clear the ball if the situation calls for it.

Jenas criticising the referee for not booking a player straight away after playing an advantage despite the ball not going out of play for ages after it. The ref booked him when the ball eventually did go out and he said 'I'm surprised he didn't do it quicker'