The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

He's had a bad season probably not helped by the fact he was sacked half way through it :lol:

You always got the feeling that he was being undermined a bit over the past couple of years though, they sort of outgrew him as soon as he turned them into title winners.

Man City are a disgraceful 'team' when all things are considered. Not exactly a glowing endorsement for Pellegrini.

genuine lack of talent imo.  Kroos, Modtic and Isco danced around them. Not the managers fault that.  Cost of that team wouldn't be too far from Real's Minus the bigger 3 signings. 

City's spending really has been awful the last few windows excluding KDB. Probably wasted at least £200m+ on some of the rubbish they've brought in and they've been terrible in the league for the majority of the season.

They bought a lot of shite and their best players are getting old bar KDB. By the time Guardiola's three or four years are over almost none of these players will still be there I'd imagine

Wouldn't have known City were losing. Utter tosh.

You not at the final tonight? Sounded like a cracking game.

Nah, sacked it off. Another 4-3. Return of the entertainers v2.

Wouldn't normally mind but going off social media Shields support is the NE UKIP wing.

Pellegrini has had Man City performing about par for the talent they have on their books during his time there. Certainly not a lot more or less. Nice bloke with a lot of class though.

:thup: :thup:

It's Blyth Spartans v North Shields in the Senior Cup Final at SJP tonight (7.30pm) - £6/£3

Cracking game. Shields winning 4-3 in the final minute.

1-0 to shields

1-1

1-2 Blyth HT.

2-2

3-2 Shields

3-3

4-3 Shields FT

Some cracking goals as well.

Maybe it was just how bad City were tonight, but I look at their tactics and can't see any evidence of a philosophy, or style bar letting the big name players play the way they want. Hence Toure, Silva (when fit) & Aguero showing absolutely no interest in running when they don't have the ball.

Maybe it was just how bad City were tonight, but I look at their tactics and can't see any evidence of a philosophy, or style bar letting the big name players play the way they want. Hence Toure, Silva (when fit) & Aguero showing absolutely no interest in running when they don't have the ball.

Aguero hasn't had a shot on target in his last 5 champions league games and pretty much all of his goals in the league this season have been against the bottom 10 sides. That's probably more of a reflection of how the team performs against decent opposition than a direct criticism of Aguero himself though. Shocking stuff this season and they could still finish outside the top 4 if they lose to Arsenal on the weekend.

Yaya should have been hooked after about 20 minutes tonight as well, some of the worst closing down in midfield I've ever seen :lol:

Aguero hasn't had a shot on target in his last 5 champions league games and pretty much all of his goals in the league this season have been against the bottom 10 sides. That's probably more of a reflection of how the team performs against decent opposition than a direct criticism of Aguero himself though. Shocking stuff this season and they could still finish outside the top 4 if they lose to Arsenal on the weekend.

Yaya should have been hooked after about 20 minutes tonight as well, some of the worst closing down in midfield I've ever seen :lol:

That's awful.

One of the most idiotic challenges you'll ever see.

The gulf in class between the back 8 of the teams was massive.  Marcelo made Clichy look like Dummett.  Modric the Brazilian clogs look like Colback.  Etc.  City absolutely out of their depth

Didn't think Marcelo looked that slow tbh.

If we stay up and Rafa is looking at Players in Spain, I like the look of Bakambu at Villareal.

Another one that was in France that we didn't get. We were linked with him loads when he was at Socheaux too.

If we stay up and Rafa is looking at Players in Spain, I like the look of Bakambu at Villareal.

Another one that was in France that we didn't get. We were linked with him loads when he was at Socheaux too.

He's been heavily linked with Atleti, think they're wanting him to replace Jackson Martinez in the summer and take a bit of the workload of Griezmann.

He's been heavily linked with Atleti, think they're wanting him to replace Jackson Martinez in the summer and take a bit of the workload of Griezmann.

Ah, that's a shame. Not surprised though. Looks a good player. Would suit the prem with his athleticism and pace.

Ah, that's a shame. Not surprised though. Looks a good player. Would suit the prem with his athleticism and pace.

:thup:

He's been brilliant for Villarreal this season, him bagging all the goals and Bobby Soldado getting all the assists.