The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Wish the Spurs fans would shut the f*** up.

If they didn't you'd be saying "s*** away support" :lol:.

Reckon you'll let Trippier leave in the summer?

Put in some really good performances when he's played this season from what I've seen but can't see him ever getting past Walker and imagine he'll have quite a few Prem teams after him in the summer offering him first team football

I hope not. I really like him, both on and off the pitch, and he's about as good a backup fullback as you're likely to get. Youngish too. He's a much better fit for our system than Davies on the other side. My dream would be to get Ryan Sessegnon as backup for Rose - our fullbacks would be awesome.

We've got a kid coming through who initially looked like the dog's bollocks, but has tailed off a bit. Brilliantly, his name is Kyle Walker-Peters. If he actually makes the step up (we just gave him a new contract) then I could definitely see us shifting Trippier, but the way the Premier League is now you really need two players for each position plus a developing youth player. I hope we keep Trippier. Poch loves him, and the main reason he has been so sparingly used this year is that he had a kid, and apparently was sleep-deprived.

We're in that no-man's land in the Premier League. We're good enough to need backups who are top tier, but can't afford to pay many first choice players top tier wages, let alone the backups. We have to try to create a team spirit such that players like Trippier, Davies, Janssen, Sissoko etc - the guys who will probably always be second choice - are happy to be a part of things, getting games in the cups and covering for injury. I think that having Trippier around has put a lot of pressure on Kyle Walker, and he has unequivocally risen to the challenge. I'd like to think that Trippier is happy in his current position, thanks in large part to Poch, but he can't work miracles.

Edit: Apologies to Karren Brady, I said that Trippier had had a kid, when clearly he had done fuck all to contribute.

We're in that no-man's land in the Premier League. We're good enough to need backups who are top tier, but can't afford to pay many first choice players top tier wages, let alone the backups. We have to try to create a team spirit such that players like Trippier, Davies, Janssen, Sissoko etc - the guys who will probably always be second choice - are happy to be a part of things, getting games in the cups and covering for injury. I think that having Trippier around has put a lot of pressure on Kyle Walker, and he has unequivocally risen to the challenge. I'd like to think that Trippier is happy in his current position, thanks in large part to Poch, but he can't work miracles.

You can rely on Sissoko, proper team player that lad :lol:

Just seen the run Southampton have had to the League Cup Final. Palace, Sunderland, Arsenal, Liverpool. Fair play to them considering they'll have no doubt fielded changed teams along the way, even if two of them are struggling Premier League teams.

They've not conceded a goal yet in the competition either

That Sutton sub goalie. :lol: Munching through a massive pie in the second half.

Looks like it was a betting scam.

How's that?

One of those wank Paddy Power bets?

The Sun.

Who sponsored their shirts tonight...

Magic of the cup right there.

Shit fat, banter merchants in cahoots with betting companies owned by a rancid media company for cash. Graeme Kelly will have a nostalgic tear in his eye.

Takes all the limelight away from his teammates & their performance too, great guy.

If they can prove they were in cahoots in any way, could it come back to bite them in the arse? If not, I'd hazard a guess that no one will give a shit on the basis that it's not exactly a bet that causes an affect on an actual outcome of a competitive sports event.