Aston Villa vs Newcastle United - Saturday 7th May 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Decky

I really didn't understand the Villa supporters bitterness towards us when we went down. I hope we don't drop down to their level with banners etc, but it probably will happen.

It wasn't bitterness, it was schadenfreude. It's all part of football.

The time to worry is when you go down and nobody bats a f***ing eyelid. People go on about 'the banners' but they're talking about two banners which could have been brought by one person for all we know.

It's not like we were all riding around the city centre, sat on top of our cars, bibbing our horns and waving flags at 3am in the morning because you'd got relegated.

Anyway, we know what it's like now - we've been slowly tortured to death in front of the entire world for one entire season now.

We have had loads of p*ss take and media coverage about it and to be honest, it just makes me feel better - that us getting relegated is still 'a story'.

Unlike pointless yoyo clubs like Albion or Norwich, up and down so often people forget where they are from one year to the next.

This fixture is a great opportunity for you lot to take the p*ss back, and we're going to have to suck it up. The only problem is:

1. Your current league position which may render p*ss taking inadvisable before the end of the match.

2. The fact that that banner posted here is proper s****.

Tbh Brummie, it was worse than you probably saw, although granted "bitter" is probably the wrong word to describe it. I've been to numerous away grounds down the years and never experienced the amount of abuse, threats of violence, w*****s taking their turn to get in my face and eyeball me etc as on the train from aston to new st that day. Loads even followed us onto our platform to wring every last bit of p*ss-taking they could out of the day. That is not banter, it's really really odd behaviour. Heard stories from more than one group of fans I see regularly that villa fans were driving up the motorway taunting coaches by waving flags and beeping horns.

The banners and singing in stadium were fine and all part of the crack imo but it was after, outside that a large majority (but I would stress not all) of villa fans just seemed to collectively turn into a pack of rabid zombies.

That said, it was SEVEN f***ing years ago. That people still seem to be genuinely upset baffles me, and as for the banners in this thread well, Jesus f***ing wept!!

Personally, I'd turn up and not even mention the whole thing- as Brummie has alluded to, no-one likes being ignored or feeling unimportant. I resent that the whole Villa thing has basically become part of our culture as a fanbase now. I hate that every time we play Villa the same articles surface in the mag and true faith. It just comes across as very bitter and we used to be bigger and better than that. Those banners were designed to get a rise out of us- 7 years later we're still biting, you couldn't make it up.

It's a massive game for NUFC on Saturday, all efforts should go into supporting the manager and the team. And as for the opposition, f*** giving them the attention they want. Aston who??

Any group of fans would dislike another set of fans who acted like such c***s.  We aren't bigger and better than that and we never were, no group of fans are as its really part of Football.

Having said that yeah we shouldn't be pissing about with banners in this game, we need to concentrate on supporting our side above all else.

I do understand where you're coming from, but one day as a fanbase we're gonna have to move on from this. For me, coming back up, beating them 6-0 in a game they thought they'd win easily and having a laugh at their stunned faces probably did it. I see why it took others longer, but it's seven years and they haven't exactly set the world on fire since. Where do we draw the line? Cos if we're still grumbling on in 10, 15 years it'll be like the mackems and their silly one-way rivalry with Coventry. Who wants to be that small-time?? We're giving Villa far more attention than they deserve and they think it's hilarious.

As I outlined above, Villa fans went way over the top on the day. But part of football is also accepting that people will take the piss when things go wrong and not getting too upset by it. Our fans were pretty merciless when we sent Birmingham City down in 2006, and in 1997 on one of the best days I've had as a Newcastle fan with qualifying for the CL and all, we still found time to repeatedly remind already-relegated Forest that they were indeed going down with the mackems. I've never seen any of their fans go on about it.

I don't want to fall out with anyone about this, but I really think a lot of people don't understand how much it comes across as us being delicate little flowers.

Guest firetotheworks

I really didn't understand the Villa supporters bitterness towards us when we went down. I hope we don't drop down to their level with banners etc, but it probably will happen.

The time to worry is when you go down and nobody bats a f***ing eyelid. People go on about 'the banners' but they're talking about two banners which could have been brought by one person for all we know.

It's not like we were all riding around the city centre, sat on top of our cars, bibbing our horns and waving flags at 3am in the morning because you'd got relegated.

Anyway, we know what it's like now - we've been slowly tortured to death in front of the entire world for one entire season now.

We have had loads of p*ss take and media coverage about it and to be honest, it just makes me feel better - that us getting relegated is still 'a story'.

Unlike pointless yoyo clubs like Albion or Norwich, up and down so often people forget where they are from one year to the next.

This fixture is a great opportunity for you lot to take the p*ss back, and we're going to have to suck it up. The only problem is:

1. Your current league position which may render p*ss taking inadvisable before the end of the match.

Just like your team then. What goes around comes around and all that.

Yep - which is pretty much exactly what I just said in the post you're referring to, you might have observed.

Nah got bored after the 2nd paragraph so stopped reading.

Did "schadenfreude" make you do a brain melt?

Just find your posts generally speaking to be fairly boring and repetitive tbh, nothing personal of course, so the longer ones I tend not to bother reading all the way through.

Was there any need for this btw?[emoji38]Proper shit craic.

I had to endure that relegation game from the Holte End. I felt the way they went on was a tad OTT tbh which carried on outside the ground until a few Zulu Warrior charvers arrived and waded into the Villa faithful indiscriminately. One poor bastard got completely sparked near me, and his mate shouted something to the effect of fucking Geordie cunts when it was completely obvious to most that they were Birmingham City followers from the direction they approached from and the time it happened, ie thirty seconds after the final whistle.

Just like your team then. What goes around comes around and all that.

Yep - which is pretty much exactly what I just said in the post you're referring to, you might have observed.

Nah got bored after the 2nd paragraph so stopped reading.

Did "schadenfreude" make you do a brain melt?

Just find your posts generally speaking to be fairly boring and repetitive tbh, nothing personal of course, so the longer ones I tend not to bother reading all the way through.

Was there any need for this btw?[emoji38]Proper s*** craic.

Nothing against the lad personally he's probably a decent enough chap but just find his postings to be pretty long winded and repetitive. There's been far worse than that posted on here mind so no need to get all precious about it, especially when it doesn't really concern you.

Anyone going to this? 

I feel bad for going.  I think I have been 5 times.  I've definitely seen two 1-1 draws, two 1-0 losses, which includes the relegation season, oh and a 4-1 loss. 

6th time lucky? :lol:

People keep asking Brummie of what he thinks of Villa. The majority of his posts are just answering these questions. Ask him different questions and you will get different answers.

Guest firetotheworks

We all like Brummie, man. :lol:

Was there any need for this btw?[emoji38]Proper s*** craic.

Nothing against the lad personally he's probably a decent enough chap but just find his postings to be pretty long winded and repetitive. There's been far worse than that posted on here mind so no need to get all precious about it, especially when it doesn't really concern you.

Hey, I thought we were all just being honest!

Out of all the posters on here one could have a go at, brummie is probably one of the last on the list. Always well behaved on here and never comes across as someone with a repetitive agenda in every single thread. A bit of a strange one Wallsend man.

Out of all the posters on here one could have a go at, brummie is probably one of the last on the list. Always well behaved on here and never comes across as someone with a repetitive agenda in every single thread. A bit of a strange one Wallsend man.

Bloody hell man I just said I don't find him all that interesting. The way some people are going on you'd think I'd just shot Bambi.