Aston Villa vs Newcastle United - Saturday 7th May 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Decky

Surely Villa will try a little bit more with it being their final home game in the Premier League for at least a season?

When did their players start to care at all?

Is that a song?

If they care about their chances of coming back from the Championship they'll let us win anyway.

I have no issue with people unfurling banners next week of we stay up. That's the time to do it. They deserve all the mockery they get.

p*ss taking is one thing but to actively make banners is another. Ours would be done out of revenge and would be twice as sweet if we knew we would be in the league still at the end of the season. They've always come across as a region of negativity for me though and more interested in the hate for another than the love for their club or region. That goes for Birmingham and Villa. Mackem mentality if you like.

TBH pro-rafa banners and the we'll support you ever more banner would annoy them more. I'll be taking my Howay The Lads one for sure.

Hope to God we stay up and beat these comfortably.

I really didn't understand the Villa supporters bitterness towards us when we went down. I hope we don't drop down to their level with banners etc, but it probably will happen.

It wasn't bitterness, it was schadenfreude. It's all part of football.

The time to worry is when you go down and nobody bats a f***ing eyelid. People go on about 'the banners' but they're talking about two banners which could have been brought by one person for all we know.

It's not like we were all riding around the city centre, sat on top of our cars, bibbing our horns and waving flags at 3am in the morning because you'd got relegated.

Anyway, we know what it's like now - we've been slowly tortured to death in front of the entire world for one entire season now.

We have had loads of p*ss take and media coverage about it and to be honest, it just makes me feel better - that us getting relegated is still 'a story'.

Unlike pointless yoyo clubs like Albion or Norwich, up and down so often people forget where they are from one year to the next.

This fixture is a great opportunity for you lot to take the p*ss back, and we're going to have to suck it up. The only problem is:

1. Your current league position which may render p*ss taking inadvisable before the end of the match.

2. The fact that that banner posted here is proper s****.

Tbh Brummie, it was worse than you probably saw, although granted "bitter" is probably the wrong word to describe it. I've been to numerous away grounds down the years and never experienced the amount of abuse, threats of violence, wankers taking their turn to get in my face and eyeball me etc as on the train from aston to new st that day. Loads even followed us onto our platform to wring every last bit of piss-taking they could out of the day. That is not banter, it's really really odd behaviour. Heard stories from more than one group of fans I see regularly that villa fans were driving up the motorway taunting coaches by waving flags and beeping horns.

The banners and singing in stadium were fine and all part of the crack imo but it was after, outside that a large majority (but I would stress not all) of villa fans just seemed to collectively turn into a pack of rabid zombies.

That said, it was SEVEN fucking years ago. That people still seem to be genuinely upset baffles me, and as for the banners in this thread well, Jesus fucking wept!!

Personally, I'd turn up and not even mention the whole thing- as Brummie has alluded to, no-one likes being ignored or feeling unimportant. I resent that the whole Villa thing has basically become part of our culture as a fanbase now. I hate that every time we play Villa the same articles surface in the mag and true faith. It just comes across as very bitter and we used to be bigger and better than that. Those banners were designed to get a rise out of us- 7 years later we're still biting, you couldn't make it up.

It's a massive game for NUFC on Saturday, all efforts should go into supporting the manager and the team. And as for the opposition, fuck giving them the attention they want. Aston who??

Any away supporter bringing a fucking banner to mock Villa are brainless cunts. We aren't safe yet, and mocking them that way is some dumb fucking shit.

Any away supporter bringing a fucking banner to mock Villa are brainless cunts. We aren't safe yet, and mocking them that way is some dumb fucking shit.

This is also true.

I really didn't understand the Villa supporters bitterness towards us when we went down. I hope we don't drop down to their level with banners etc, but it probably will happen.

The time to worry is when you go down and nobody bats a f***ing eyelid. People go on about 'the banners' but they're talking about two banners which could have been brought by one person for all we know.

It's not like we were all riding around the city centre, sat on top of our cars, bibbing our horns and waving flags at 3am in the morning because you'd got relegated.

Anyway, we know what it's like now - we've been slowly tortured to death in front of the entire world for one entire season now.

We have had loads of p*ss take and media coverage about it and to be honest, it just makes me feel better - that us getting relegated is still 'a story'.

Unlike pointless yoyo clubs like Albion or Norwich, up and down so often people forget where they are from one year to the next.

This fixture is a great opportunity for you lot to take the p*ss back, and we're going to have to suck it up. The only problem is:

1. Your current league position which may render p*ss taking inadvisable before the end of the match.

Just like your team then. What goes around comes around and all that.

Yep - which is pretty much exactly what I just said in the post you're referring to, you might have observed.

Nah got bored after the 2nd paragraph so stopped reading.

Did "schadenfreude" make you do a brain melt?

Just find your posts generally speaking to be fairly boring and repetitive tbh, nothing personal of course, so the longer ones I tend not to bother reading all the way through.

Will this season's heartache ever end?

:lol:

Given that were run in an almost identical way up until Rafa it's moronic aside from relegation. Don't really get banners that don't just support the team anyway. It's weird.

Tbh Brummie, it was worse than you probably saw, although granted "bitter" is probably the wrong word to describe it. I've been to numerous away grounds down the years and never experienced the amount of abuse, threats of violence, wankers taking their turn to get in my face and eyeball me etc as on the train from aston to new st that day. Loads even followed us onto our platform to wring every last bit of piss-taking they could out of the day. That is not banter, it's really really odd behaviour. Heard stories from more than one group of fans I see regularly that villa fans were driving up the motorway taunting coaches by waving flags and beeping horns.

The banners and singing in stadium were fine and all part of the crack imo but it was after, outside that a large majority (but I would stress not all) of villa fans just seemed to collectively turn into a pack of rabid zombies.

That said, it was SEVEN fucking years ago. That people still seem to be genuinely upset baffles me, and as for the banners in this thread well, Jesus fucking wept!!

Personally, I'd turn up and not even mention the whole thing- as Brummie has alluded to, no-one likes being ignored or feeling unimportant. I resent that the whole Villa thing has basically become part of our culture as a fanbase now. I hate that every time we play Villa the same articles surface in the mag and true faith. It just comes across as very bitter and we used to be bigger and better than that. Those banners were designed to get a rise out of us- 7 years later we're still biting, you couldn't make it up.

It's a massive game for NUFC on Saturday, all efforts should go into supporting the manager and the team. And as for the opposition, fuck giving them the attention they want. Aston who??

Any group of fans would dislike another set of fans who acted like such cunts.  We aren't bigger and better than that and we never were, no group of fans are as its really part of Football.

Having said that yeah we shouldn't be pissing about with banners in this game, we need to concentrate on supporting our side above all else.

I honestly hope we put 6 past the cunts and mock every single one of their fans out of the ground. Will never forget the way they went on last time, could understand it if we were a local rival, but we have had no beef with them at all.

Equally loved Carrolls hat trick against the twats.

No two ways about it, Brummie; I was there that day and if I was a Villa fan I'd be utterly f***ing embarrassed about how your lot went on, inside and outside the ground.

I'll second this. Was utterly pathetic how they went on.

Tbh Brummie, it was worse than you probably saw, although granted "bitter" is probably the wrong word to describe it. I've been to numerous away grounds down the years and never experienced the amount of abuse, threats of violence, w*****s taking their turn to get in my face and eyeball me etc as on the train from aston to new st that day. Loads even followed us onto our platform to wring every last bit of p*ss-taking they could out of the day. That is not banter, it's really really odd behaviour. Heard stories from more than one group of fans I see regularly that villa fans were driving up the motorway taunting coaches by waving flags and beeping horns.

That said, it was SEVEN f***ing years ago. That people still seem to be genuinely upset baffles me, and as for the banners in this thread well, Jesus f***ing wept!!

It's a massive game for NUFC on Saturday, all efforts should go into supporting the manager and the team. And as for the opposition, f*** giving them the attention they want. Aston who??

Totally agree with this - 99% of the ones I encountered pre and post match acted like utter cunts that day!

It's just a shame we weren't safe so could fully take the piss on Saturday! I really hope there are no banners on show from our lot mind!