Aston Villa vs Newcastle United - Saturday 7th May 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Decky

"Release 74 beach balls into the air" - Are Villa fans aware that they don't float away like? :lol:

You just know it'll be 0-0 and we're throwing the everything at them and looking likely to score, 74th minute turns up and after the 5-10 minutes of clearing the pitch of their junk we lose all momentum.

What's the 74 number about ?

Number of goals they've conceded ?  Average IQ in Birmingham ?

They were formed in 1874 so have staged walkouts in the 74th minute etc.

http://readnewcastle.com/2016/05/05/newcastle-opposition-view-aston-villa/

NEWCASTLE OPPOSITION VIEW: ASTON VILLA (A)

MICHAEL BROWN

Ahead of this weekend’s clash against already relegated Aston Villa I caught up with ReadAstonVilla editor Edward Payne to find out their side of what’s looked like a disastrous season for the club, and of course his thoughts on Newcastle.

Now that it’s been confirmed that villa are down, has it taken the pressure off them and made them play better?

Nope, in the two games since relegation was confirmed we have lost to Southampton and Watford. Southampton was just interested in racking up as many goals as possible against us, hence, we managed to get two ourselves when most of their players were up the field. Against Watford we weren’t particularly good, Watford was just plain awful and snatched the three points. We have been as bad as we were before relegation was confirmed.

Where has villa gone wrong? Fighting for Europe a few years ago and now will be playing championship football?

Villa’s main problem since O’Neill rightly left has been a lack of structure at the club. It’s a common myth that Lerner has not invested since 2010, but he has spent a fortune. The problem has been that money has continued to be wasted due to chief executive’s being useless and continuing poor managerial appointments, who have wasted a fortune on some truly awful players.

Are there any positives from this season?

The positive from this season is that we might finally break up this current squad. The likes of Agbonlahor, Guzan, Bacuna, and Lescott have been a disgrace, whilst the likes of Richards and Cissokho should be no-where near a Premier League side.

Who should Newcastle look out for?

If Newcastle should look out for anyone it should be Jordan Ayew. He could be banned for this game after an altercation with Watford fans last Saturday, but if he is available he could cause your defence some problems. Hopefully, he scores another cracker against Newcastle like he did in December at St James Park.

What do you make of Newcastle’s season?

I honestly thought that the appointment of McClaren would see Newcastle begin to move in the right direction, especially after all that investment last summer. However, he proved to be as bad, if not worse than the clowns before him (Pardew and Carver) and it was a surprise he wasn’t sacked before he was, as everyone could see he couldn’t turn it around. I think the appointment of Benitez is a fantastic move and it looks like he could keep you up, especially considering Sunderland can’t buy a win at the moment.

Is there any Newcastle player you’d like to see at Villa?

It would have to be Townsend. Not because he is a particular good all-round footballer, but because he has a great shot on him.

Who do you think will stay up?

Norwich won’t stay up, they are just not good enough either in defence or in attack. I honestly thought Sunderland would stay up, but the past few weeks have changed my mind. I think Newcastle will stay up by 1 or 2 points, Sunderland can simply not seem to win at the moment and Benitez has got you lot organized and playing really well. Plus, you lot get a guaranteed three points from playing us.

What’s your score prediction and who will score?

Villa 0-4 Newcastle. I expect us to sign off our 28-year stay in the top-flight in true Aston Villa style, by getting absolutely hammered. I expect Townsend to score a few.

Thank you to Edward for his time and best of luck in the Championship next season.

I love it how Villa fans are trying to create the image that they've been laughing at themselves all season.

They've spent all year not turning up, boo'ing their players and hurling abuse at them. Oh the laughter.

They're a horrible little club, in a horrible little area with horrible little fans.

I love it how Villa fans are trying to create the image that they've been laughing at themselves all season.

They've spent all year not turning up, boo'ing their players and hurling abuse at them. Oh the laughter.

They're a horrible little club, in a horrible little area with horrible little fans.

totally this, ive put off laughing at the kunts all season..............I hope I have the last laugh  :iamatwat:

Guest Howaythetoon

There's scientifically ZERO way you won't win this match.

Honestly, everyone beats us. If you fail to do so then, frankly, you absolutely deserve to get relegated.

You are due a win after 11 straight defeats, we are due an away win after so many without a win. This is Villa, this is NUFC, however.  When we are expected to win we lose. When we ought to win, we lose. When we need to win, we lose. We are the biggest fuck-up in English football and have been for half a century or more. I expect us to lose comfortably against you lot and beat Spurs and yet still go down. Probably on goal difference or something for added misery.

It would be in Villa's interest for next season to not have us in the same league mind...

Guest Howaythetoon

I work a lot in their neck of the woods, I love Villa Park and Brummie is a top poster. That and Villa are a historically important and key player in terms of English football. I just cannot bring myself to wish ill on them. They have been pissed about as much as we have if not more given how Lerner was once seemingly ambitious and had them going in the right direction. The weekend clash will be a clash of two fucked up clubs ran by complete twats whose fans are long suffering and deserve better. May the best of the worst win...

I work a lot in their neck of the woods, I love Villa Park and Brummie is a top poster. That and Villa are a historically important and key player in terms of English football. I just cannot bring myself to wish ill on them. They have been pissed about as much as we have if not more given how Lerner was once seemingly ambitious and had them going in the right direction. The weekend clash will be a clash of two fucked up clubs ran by complete twats whose fans are long suffering and deserve better. May the best of the worst win...

Love Villa Park? Bog standard stadium in an absolute dump of an area.

Guest Howaythetoon

I work a lot in their neck of the woods, I love Villa Park and Brummie is a top poster. That and Villa are a historically important and key player in terms of English football. I just cannot bring myself to wish ill on them. They have been p*ssed about as much as we have if not more given how Lerner was once seemingly ambitious and had them going in the right direction. The weekend clash will be a clash of two f***ed up clubs ran by complete t***s whose fans are long suffering and deserve better. May the best of the worst win...

Love Villa Park? Bog standard stadium in an absolute dump of an area.

First away game, love the stands and the area, and again I work a lot in the area so I get to know it, the people etc. We are lucky in that our stadium is bang smack in the city centre and even then the stadium looks dated and in need of TLC. That and the surrounding area isn't exactly smart either. Its not a bog standard stadium either btw.

Guest Howaythetoon

Modern day media whore type fan. The Lads Bible equivalent of a football supporter. Cringe worthy and wants hit with shit.

Guest Howaythetoon

Villa Park is a cracking stadium. A proper football ground steeped in history, rather like our own .

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye, fair enough, do respect the history of it. Liked it as a Semi Final venue too.

The surrounding area though. Vile.

Its an old stadium, that's the way it was and is. I find that endearing, same with Goodison which is a shit tip of a stadium. It harks back to yesteryear though. Give me Villa Park over Boro's stadium, or the mackems or even the King Power stadium.

I was in Luton last week, bloody hell. You have a dual carriage way sort of that runs next to what looks like some empty industrial units... but its Luton's stadium. And next to it you have streets and estates.

Again that was the way it was and now is. Back when these stadiums were built it wasn't about amenities or green and pleasant land. We are quite unique in that way. Looking at old photos of SJP and the area SJP was basically a field close to the City Centre and the stadium just sprung up from there to become what it us today, with the surrounding area similar in its transformation.

Even then, to me, its dull, dated and a bit of a nothing area. Because its a short walk away from everything makes up for it where as Bolton, boro and the mackems etc. are on old wasteland and out of town if you like.