Rafa In or Ashley Out?

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm surprised B has any votes, but it's winning?  Insane.

I mean, if it was included in this hypothetical situation that Ashley had changed and we'd be run properly, I'd be willing to forgive and start again.  But it's Ashley.  Doesn't matter if Rafa gets the job, he'll f*** everything up again like he always does.

Yep. Ashley is the cause of all our problems. It's a no-brainer for me.

I get why b is getting support. We've got for a long time a world class manager. Unfortunately the quality of coach isn't the fundamental long term problem. That said if he went, it's unlikely we'd get along he same calibre  anytime soon.

A. Rafa quits, Ashley sells up, new owner in, rehires Rafa, we all enjoy a bright future without Blue and Red.

Wouldn't that be C?  I would have gone for that.

Guest firetotheworks

A, without a shadow of a doubt. You can have Rafa or similar as well as a future with a new owner, but even having Rafa under Ashley we're always just one decision away from destruction.

Rafa in, a new owner could appoint s***.

:lol:  "We should stick with Pardew, who else could we get?"

Equating Benitez with Pardew :lol:

No - I'm equating Ashley with whoever the new owner is.

A, without a shadow of a doubt. You can have Rafa or similar as well as a future with a new owner, but even having Rafa under Ashley we're always just one decision away from destruction.

Boom. Having Rafa isn't going to make the man with ultimate power a better owner or more competent. He still has the same motives and flawed intentions. Rafa will negate that for a little while but people are talking like he could build something or have us challenging for stuff. Can't see it myself at hate having that outlook.

Sadly A, Rafa if he stays may only last a season or so. Got to look at the bigger picture, Ashley going is the ultimate goal so the sooner the better.

Put it another way Ashley goes and there's hope we appoint a proper manager anyway.

So from this, does it follow that people want Rafa to go because it makes it more likely Ashley will leave eventually?

Of course it doesn't.  It's a hypothetical question.

Guest Howaythetoon

A, Rafa is more important to Ashley than us. I do not and never will trust Ashley. He has ruined NUFC for me. Not even KK returning with unlimited money and control would entice me back, that is how much damage Ashley has caused to me personally as an NUFC fan. If I remove my hatred for Ashley and imagine that we are not owned by him, I'd love Rafa as our manager whatever the weather because he is fucking great.

I'm in no doubt if he stays he will take us up and do extremely well, which would be good for the club, but Ashley owning us tarnishes everything. I cannot and never will be able to accept Ashley's NUFC whether it's under Pardew or Rafa.

We are bigger than any one individual remember!

So from this, does it follow that people want Rafa to go because it makes it more likely Ashley will leave eventually?

Just in terms of the hypothetical.

In reality I don't think it would make Ashley any more likely to sell, so given the option of ashley and rafa or ashley and not rafa, I'd take the former.

It all hinges on whether you think Rafa can be a success here long term. Given what he's up against I'd say no unfortunately. Lee Charnley looks like he's staying above him for one. It's completely hypothetical though so if he does stay at least we'll have a decent manager until the inevitable happens.