Championship 5-1 Champions League

Disco

Well that was a really really special experience. I don't actually know if I can put in to words how mental today was, but I'll give it a go.

Not a single anti Ashley chant. Not a single boo against any player (that I heard from the Milburn). Constant unwavering support for Rafa and the team, and an incredible game / performance (albeit, meaning nothing).

And to reinforce my points from the past few days regarding people who have fallen out of love with the club / want to boycott to push Ashley out...

• Today proved that the heart and soul of Newcastle United HAS NOT been ripped out. In fact, it's there for all to see, larger than life, all pulling in the same direction in support of one man who represents hope.
  • I would much sooner go to matches in the off chance of getting experiences like today, than stay away in the hope that an owner buggers off.

Was genuinely proud to be an NUFC fan today. Just full throttle support of the team and manager, which contributed massively to an excellent team performance.

I watched the match today, I felt nothing; Not happiness, not sadness. I sat an evaluated certain parts of the game but i think I've got battered housewife syndrome. Hopefully the Championship can give me a break for a year of the rigours of being a fan of a club owned by person that just disappoints me with every fucking decision he makes.

Well that was a really really special experience. I don't actually know if I can put in to words how mental today was, but I'll give it a go.

Not a single anti Ashley chant. Not a single boo against any player (that I heard from the Milburn). Constant unwavering support for Rafa and the team, and an incredible game / performance (albeit, meaning nothing).

And to reinforce my points from the past few days regarding people who have fallen out of love with the club / want to boycott to push Ashley out...

• Today proved that the heart and soul of Newcastle United HAS NOT been ripped out. In fact, it's there for all to see, larger than life, all pulling in the same direction in support of one man who represents hope.
  • I would much sooner go to matches in the off chance of getting experiences like today, than stay away in the hope that an owner buggers off.

Was genuinely proud to be an NUFC fan today. Just full throttle support of the team and manager, which contributed massively to an excellent team performance.

RIP, NUFC.

I prefer to draw my conclusions from an entire appalling season rather than one meaningless afternoon like. Glad everyone enjoyed cheering on a group of players, and an entire club, who haven't given the slightest fuck about them all season though.

I prefer to draw my conclusions from an entire appalling season <b>rather than one meaningless afternoon</b> like. Glad everyone enjoyed cheering on a group of players, and an entire club, who haven't given the slightest f*** about them all season though.

That's precisely my point though. It wasn't a meaningless afternoon. It was 52,000 fans all pulling in the same direction for one purpose, to try to convince Rafa to stay. The game itself was meaningless, but as you keep telling me over and over again (even though I agree with you), sometimes it's about more than just the game.

Agree completely Hindu; I was there and I've already posted something similar. There's posters on here who berate the match going fans for being complicit whilst they stay away. There have been times when the match going fans have been wrong but today was not such a day. Today was a day where they were magnificent; the bigger picture was seen, goals were cheered but the team was not (save for Townsend when it looked like he was being subbed). It's only right that you celebrate a goal, Rafa would want to see that and the support Rafa received was not only genuinely heartfelt it was constant and it was compelling.

If Rafa stays it was the match going fans that have swayed it not the stay at home conscientious objectors. Each to their own but today was a truly inspiring show of support for a manager and hope for a brighter future.

If Rafa doesn't stay then the club can rot in hell until Ashley goes; the fans have spoken and for that all, both match going and non match going, should be proud of their conduct today.

Our fans were brilliant today and created a surreal atmosphere for a game in which the home team had just been relegated.  It was a special day and our last chance to let Rafa know what he means to us and the fans went way beyond what anybody could have asked of them.

The manager is the single most important man at the club and today those who went had a chance to tell a very good manager that he's wanted by the fans. I would think the fans backing for the manager is massive for him.  I want us to keep Rafa and I want to go back next season if he's here because he brings what we've been missing for years, hope.

I prefer to draw my conclusions from an entire appalling season <b>rather than one meaningless afternoon</b> like. Glad everyone enjoyed cheering on a group of players, and an entire club, who haven't given the slightest f*** about them all season though.

That's precisely my point though. It wasn't a meaningless afternoon. It was 52,000 fans all pulling in the same direction for one purpose, to try to convince Rafa to stay. The game itself was meaningless, but as you keep telling me over and over again (even though I agree with you), sometimes it's about more than just the game.

Agree completely Hindu; I was there and I've already posted something similar. There's posters on here who berate the match going fans for being complicit whilst they stay away. There have been times when the match going fans have been wrong but today was not such a day. Today was a day where they were magnificent; the bigger picture was seen, goals were cheered but the team was not (save for Townsend when it looked like he was being subbed). It's only right that you celebrate a goal, Rafa would want to see that and the support Rafa received was not only genuinely heartfelt it was constant and it was compelling.

If Rafa stays it was the match going fans that have swayed it not the stay at home conscientious objectors. Each to their own but today was a truly inspiring show of support for a manager and hope for a brighter future.

If Rafa doesn't stay then the club can rot in hell until Ashley goes; the fans have spoken and for that all, both match going and non match going, should be proud of their conduct today.

Did Gini really get a standing ovation? Absolutely disgraceful if true

Yup.  Chanting his name too

Standing ovation for Sissoko now. :spit:

Well someone is lying.

Did Gini really get a standing ovation? Absolutely disgraceful if true

Yup.  Chanting his name too

Standing ovation for Sissoko now. :spit:

Well someone is lying.

Or someone just overlooked something ???

I prefer to draw my conclusions from an entire appalling season rather than one meaningless afternoon like. Glad everyone enjoyed cheering on a group of players, and an entire club, who haven't given the slightest f*** about them all season though.

Focus of today was one man - Rafa.  His name was sang from start to finish - today was great because 52,000 put all their effort in begging him to stay.

That hindu post is gross :lol:

Why?

Just all this bollocks about 'no protests against Ashley' like that is a good thing. Patting himself on the back for being a true fan who wouldn't distract our players from a meaningless game by showing their discontent to a man who has repeatedly shat in their mouths.

We've been continually fucked over and I don't see how you can have the cheek to come out and say shit like that after we've just been relegated :lol: it's crazy.

Nah, I reckon that's exactly what I think should happen too, but just in the context of your previous posts (you even mention them in your post) it is just needlessly driving a point home, patting yourself on the back because real fans wouldn't protest or boycott games.

It was a proud day as far I'm concerned. If we're going down, that's the way I want to go down. Chalk and cheese from the way we went down last time round and the fans were right to acknowledge Rafa and his flawless leadership.