Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In their best season together when we finished 3rd Dyer played almost 50 games, to be fair.

Dyer is such an underrated player. He offered something different to just about every other central midfield player I can think of, his ability to break beyond a defence and cause havoc was phenomenal. He had his faults but there were times where has was almost unmarkable. Put in a team with players who could pick and a pass and wow. I'm convinced we'd have beaten Brazil if he'd been put on earlier. Anyway, wrong thread for this.

His end product was shite though.

Hamann/Speed second half of the 98/99 season.

I don't really recall much of us doing much under Dalglish other than when he guided Keegan's team to 2nd place after he resigned, but Hamann was such a good player. It's just a shame we were a shambles at the time and he got poached by Liverpool. Don't know if Kenny looking after his old club had anything to do with it, but Didi was one of the few all round box to box midfielders we have had in the last couple of decades.

I don't really recall much of us doing much under Dalglish other than when he guided Keegan's team to 2nd place after he resigned, but Hamann was such a good player. It's just a shame we were a shambles at the time and he got poached by Liverpool. Don't know if Kenny looking after his old club had anything to do with it, but Didi was one of the few all round box to box midfielders we have had in the last couple of decades.

Wasn't it against Juventus in a friendly when he scored that thunderbastard?

Yeah I remember watching that and thinking what a player we have got here. I think he got stifled under Kenny's formation where we seemed to be playing with four central midfielders most games that season.

:lol:

Sometimes i think "What! I don't remember posting this" before I realize that it was from him and not myself. He needs to change his avatar.

(Not that you were being serious though, or..)

Hamann mainly played under Gullit. Dalglish only had him two matches.

Yeah I remember watching that and thinking what a player we have got here. I think he got stifled under Kenny's formation where we seemed to be playing with four central midfielders most games that season.

Hamann played, at most, two games under Dalglish before he was sacked. Your brain's got some imagination, like.

There was me thinking Dalglish signed a really good player and it was Gullitt after all that. :lol:

There was me thinking Dalglish signed a really good player and it was Gullitt after all that. :lol:

Well. No.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Is that for real? :lol:

Hamann was signed by Dalglish after World Cup 98.

Dalglish was sacked August 98.

Hamann was available for two games under Dalglish and 36 under Gullit.

Not hard? :lol:

Is that for real? :lol:

Hamann was signed by Dalglish after World Cup 98.

Dalglish was sacked August 98.

Hamann was available for two games under Dalglish and 36 under Gullit.

Not hard? :lol:

I saw Hamman's debut for us against Bray Wanderers in a pre season. Scored an absolute belter from near the halfway line.

He'll always be seen as a Judas for going to Liverpool, on the flip side.. he was given a copy of mein kampf for a xmas present by the players. I'm not surprised he wanted out.