Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't have a list of names for you - although I could give it a try later on - but with the money in the PL, Rafa's name etc, I thought we'd be setting our sights a bit higher than Tom Lawrence and Tammy Abraham on loan.

Is that for real? :lol:

Hamann was signed by Dalglish after World Cup 98.

Dalglish was sacked August 98.

Hamann was available for two games under Dalglish and 36 under Gullit.

Not hard? :lol:

Thank fuck for that. One of my few positive memories about Dalglish has always been that at least he signed Hamann.

Dalglish signed quite a few good players, amongst many crap or over the hill ones, Shay Given, Gary Speed, Didi Hamann, Nobby Solano, Nikos Dabizas.

True. If he'd been able to trust his flair players a bit more it would have got the best out of the ones he did sign. That midfield of Hamann, Speed, Batty and Lee was chock full of quality, but they were all central midfielders so he wasn't doing them any favours by playing them together imo.

Dalglish signed quite a few good players, amongst many crap or over the hill ones, Shay Given, Gary Speed, Didi Hamann, Nobby Solano, Nikos Dabizas.

True. If he'd been able to trust his flair players a bit more it would have got the best out of the ones he did sign. That midfield of Hamann, Speed, Batty and Lee was chock full of quality, but they were all central midfielders so he wasn't doing them any favours by playing them together imo.

Speed spent a lot of time on the left for Leeds, so it wasn't a huge stretch to play him there for us. Better in the middle, no doubt

Speed spent a lot of time on the left for Leeds, so it wasn't a huge stretch to play him there for us. Better in the middle, no doubt

Who was on the other flank for Leeds? Strachan? No doubt Speed could do a job on the left but he never struck me as someone who was a natural wide player. Maybe if you had a natural outlet on the other flank or some pace up front it would work better. Just our team under Dalglish was very one paced and turgid. None of them were bad players, just too many of the same type.

That O Jogo paper reporting we are still in discussions for Samaris, talks are positive and there could be a breakthrough early this coming week.

:thup:

Fingers crossed.

Hull are looking for £8m for full-back Andrew Robertson this window, reports the Hull Daily Mail.

The highly-rated Scotland international is wanted by Liverpool, Newcastle, Burnley and West Brom.

Should be all over that