Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lewis Holtby. Mirror.

Potentially a terrible little signing that. Wonder when we'll be linked to some exciting players.

What are you basing that on? Holtby for that price would be an excellent signing for us.

Lewis Holtby. Mirror.

Potentially a terrible little signing that. Wonder when we'll be linked to some exciting players.

What are you basing that on? Holtby for that price would be an excellent signing for us.

I agree, when did we become one of the top 6 again ? He's the type of signing that could flourish under Rafa, we'll need to make a few of these with the overall budget we are probably working with.

Lewis Holtby. Mirror.

I agree, when did we become one of the top 6 again ? He's the type of signing that could flourish under Rafa, we'll need to make a few of these with the overall budget we are probably working with.

He's rubbish. Another midfielder who does nothing but fools fans by running around a lot and showing passion. Our fans will lap it up though.

Guest reefatoon

Interested, monitored, prepared. all we need now is. . .  keeping tabs, Mulled over, enquired, over the line, missed out on... before midnight for the full house.

Interested, monitored, prepared. all we need now is. . .  keeping tabs, Mulled over, enquired, over the line, missed out on... before midnight for the full house.

I'm still waiting for the radar to be turned on.

Other clubs don't have to do a shit load of changes like we'll have to do!! We need to replace so many players. You could argue that the lesser sides need to change a lot as well (especially the promoted ones) but we're Newcastle and our aim should be much higher than the bottom teams in the PL. We need to hit the ground running as early as possible to have a good season, and I don't mean just aiming for survival.

I'm fucking sick of hearing that most of the other clubs haven't done much so far, in general. We're a big club with a team/squad that needs to make big changes to compete at a good level from the off. Us doing everything as late as possible makes it so much harder! Later is better than never, but I'm not even confident that we'll do 60% of what should be done in this transfer window. Rafa wanted lots of players in early to be able to make the most of it. He should have had this support and backing. Having x-amount of players arriving late will mean that it's gonna take us longer to reach our maximum level with the choice of players available. Some people say that we're just promoted and all that, but we're not Brighton or Huddersfield, we're a massive club that should demand more and aim higher than bottom, even in our first season back. Unfortunately we're acting ridiculously  small time as a club with a great manager at the helm, one that we (the club) should be fucking lucky to have atm, and we need to back him, and should have done even earlier. Some might say that last season we didn't really start making any signings until in July, but these seem to forget that this was in a division at a lower level and that our quality still would see us through even if we weren't really ready early on. In the PL it could get ugly if we have a bad start and don't look like a team, and the pressure starts to build. Not so easy to recover from a bad start..