Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't understand that move at all from Burnley's perspective. Walters is limited and what's worse is he's been past his sell by date for a number of years now. Strange move this early in the window, you could see where they are coming from a little, if this was transfer deadline day but my god there must be a thousand better options than him for a PL club.

Rafa clearly doesn't see him as the solution, so turning down 5million seems a bit strange, there must be multiple interest in him I would think.

Darlow was the best keeper in the championship last season

:spit:

His stats are very good played 34, conceded 32. 34 games and 13 clean sheets. Not many better according to the stats

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stats?competition=23&season=20160&category=GOALKEEPING&pos=0&team=0&sort=6&sortOrder=1

For the record I like Darlow also, like his ability and his attitude, but at the end of the day Rafa doesn't appear to rate him so best for all parties that he moves on.

Guest chopey

I like all 4 of our keepers I can understand why Rafa wants an experienced keeper but  between Krul, Elliot and Darlow he has enough.

I like all 4 of our keepers I can understand why Rafa wants an experienced keeper but I between Krul, Elliot and Darlow he has enough.

I'd personally sell the lot, buy a top keeper and have Woodman on the bench.

Wonder if we could tempt Forster back?

I like all 4 of our keepers I can understand why Rafa wants an experienced keeper but I between Krul, Elliot and Darlow he has enough.

They might all be fine as shot-stoppers, but none of them command their area too well nor can they organise a defence. I think the latter is the main reason Rafa wants an experienced big character keeper.

Wouldn't mention top keeper and then Forster in the same sentence, he is massively overrated.

Wouldn't mention top keeper and then Forster in the same sentence, he is massively overrated.

I think he's very good for where we are, he'd be a top keeper for some time if he came back. We couldn't afford Hart and Butland wouldn't sidestep (or currently drop a level) for us. Outside of the league I'm not sure of a top keeper who'd join us.

I think he's very good for where we are, he'd be a top keeper for some time if he came back. We couldn't afford Hart and Butland wouldn't sidestep (or currently drop a level) for us. Outside of the league I'm not sure of a top keeper who'd join us.

Yeah I'm not saying he wouldn't be good for us, just when you said top keeper I thought you meant it as world class. He would more than do a job for us.

Buy a keeper, keep Krul or Elliot as number 2 and then Woodman. Sell/loan out either of Krul or Elliot.

Yeah I'm not saying he wouldn't be good for us, just when you said top keeper I thought you meant it as world class. He would more than do a job for us.

I meant top keeper relative to our position.  :thup:

I'd prefer someone in the league as well after the disaster of a signing Sels was.

I meant top keeper relative to our position.  :thup:

I'd prefer someone in the league as well after the disaster of a signing Sels was.

Completely agree. ??

Rafa clearly doesn't see him as the solution, so turning down 5million seems a bit strange, there must be multiple interest in him I would think.

His stats are very good played 34, conceded 32. 34 games and 13 clean sheets. Not many better according to the stats

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stats?competition=23&season=20160&category=GOALKEEPING&pos=0&team=0&sort=6&sortOrder=1

This is a sarcastic post, right?

Guest chopey

This is a sarcastic post, right?

Sarcastic stats ?................... are you for real ?