Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So that's our spending done then? :lol:

It quite clearly means we're struggling to agree that he's worth 12M and nothing to do with how much cash we have to spend.

If our targets to start in central midfield aren't worth us paying £12m for they probably shouldn't be targets. It's a nothing amount for a player in his prime with significant PL experience.

It quite clearly means we're struggling to agree that he's worth 12M and nothing to do with how much cash we have to spend.

If our targets to start in central midfield aren't worth us paying £12m for they probably shouldn't be targets. It's a nothing amount for a player in his prime with significant PL experience.

:thup:

I totally agree. Remains to be seen if we're really interested or if it's just paper/agent talk. Pretty sure we can afford 12M if we want him. We might be haggling because of his injury record, but not because we can't scrape together the money to pay for him.

Of course we have the funds man, we spent nowt in January! I'd rather us steer clear of sicknotes, despite how much talent they flash when fit.

I think we're gonna make a couple of big splashes soon..

Imagine if that's true, man. And let's be honest, it probably is. Struggling to find £12m as a Premier League club in 2017 after a decade of spending absolutely nowt

Especially when crystal place are spending 32m on a player Leicester 28m and Bournemouth 20m

It's a fucking disgrace

Make no bones about it if we don't get some quality in specific areas we will be a championship club again 12 months from now

Make no bones about it if we don't get some quality in specific areas we will be a championship club again 12 months from now

we won't be like, not with rafa in charge...now if he leaves that's another matter

btw i don't think the problem in splashing the cash is ours, if everyone else would just fuck off and let us lowball clubs we'd be fine :aww:

If we'd been quoted 15m for Delph, we would pay 12. We spend so much time bargain hunting that we miss out on players.

I doubt we hold much interest in Delph mind, alot of tenuous links knocking about IMO.

we won't be like, not with rafa in charge...now if he leaves that's another matter

btw i don't think the problem in splashing the cash is ours, if everyone else would just fuck off and let us lowball clubs we'd be fine :aww:

Rafa is not a miracle worker, as it stands quality wise we have the 3rd worst squad in the league. If the likes of dummet,lascelles,colback,mbemba,mitrovic get anywhere near the first 11 on a regular basis we are fucked

Rafa is not a miracle worker, as it stands quality wise we have the 3rd worst squad in the league. If the likes of dummet,lascelles,colback,mbemba,mitrovic get anywhere near the first 11 on a regular basis we are fucked

Colback, Mbemba, Mitrovic, yes. Lascelles, maybe but Dummett is fine.

We won't lose games because of Paul Dummett.

btw i don't think the problem in splashing the cash is ours, if everyone else would just f*** off and let us lowball clubs we'd be fine :aww:

Rafa is not a miracle worker, as it stands quality wise we have the 3rd worst squad in the league. If the likes of dummet,lascelles,colback,mbemba,mitrovic get anywhere near the first 11 on a regular basis we are f***ed

I disagree. He brings nothing to the attack and is one of the poorest first-choice LBs out there in the Premier League.

btw i don't think the problem in splashing the cash is ours, if everyone else would just f*** off and let us lowball clubs we'd be fine :aww:

Rafa is not a miracle worker, as it stands quality wise we have the 3rd worst squad in the league. If the likes of dummet,lascelles,colback,mbemba,mitrovic get anywhere near the first 11 on a regular basis we are f***ed

I disagree. He brings nothing to the attack and is one of the poorest first-choice LBs out there in the Premier League.

Lucky he's a left back and not a left winger. He's primary duty is to defend and at that he is very decent.

Rafa will have us defending first, that's why he's getting a new contract.

Lucky he's a left back and not a left winger. He's primary duty is to defend and at that he is very decent.

"very decent". ? I'll bookmark that, when his ball-watching, combined with the far cleverer movement of Premier League opponents, returns to haunt us this season.

"very decent". ? I'll bookmark that, when his ball-watching, combined with the far cleverer movement of Premier League opponents, returns to haunt us this season.

i'll retract my initial post to a degree - i think with reinforcements rafa would keep us up but if we have to start with what we've got now we'll struggle

pointless anyway because if we have to start with what we have now rafa will not likely be here anyways

I'd certainly like us to sign an attacking option from left back but we probably need a better left sided midfielder anyway.

Plenty of work for them to do.

I'm not expecting Roberto Carlos or Ashley Cole. Someone who doesn't s*** themselves when in possession, can at least offer an overlap and deliver a decent cross. To not have that in the Premier League is shocking and we'll be found out badly.