Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gibson's 20 year old brother is with the club too. So the family have had experience of our set-up.

My uncle Jim once told me "If you can leave your home town, your friends and your family it will open your eyes and make you a man."

I left my hometown seven years ago and my balls still haven't dropped.

To be fair Iv been living in Norway for 10 years and Im still going through puberty.

After reading Mark Douglas' book on Rafa I'm suddenly a fair bit more relaxed about this summer. He'll see us right.

Would highly recommend it.

Elaborate, friend.

Don't get the hate for the young lad considering Everton. If you think supporting the club, being local, means the club will show any loyalty to you the you're sadly mistaken. They are all ruthless and self-centred with the lads who have been sold the dream and usually had all their hopes (self-esteem) tied to being a player with the club they are at. Some clubs seem better than others. Everton get the best 'press' from parents I speak to in the North West. Good luck to the lad. He'll need it. 75% of 16 year olds who sign a contract for a full time scholarship--all these lads have survived multiple 'culls' often, from ages 6 onwards--leave the game before they're 21. Basically, the Academies and Centres of Excellence have been shit at developing young talent.

After reading Mark Douglas' book on Rafa I'm suddenly a fair bit more relaxed about this summer. He'll see us right.

Elaborate, friend.

On mobile so can't really go too crazy, but it comes across that everything Rafa does has significant purpose behind it when it comes to transfers. It takes him and his associates a long time to do background checks and he's excellent at selling the club and his vision for how the team will play.

He appeared to understand exactly where we were weakest last season and pretty much remedied things, bar the second winger he didn't get (Knockaert). I doubt we'll get everything he wants again this time around but if he even gets close we'll be alright.

Also pins the blame for Sels on Carr, which I'll accept as gospel all day long.

Gibson's 20 year old brother is with the club too. So the family have had experience of our set-up.

My uncle Jim once told me "If you can leave your home town, your friends and your family it will open your eyes and make you a man."

Tbf I was speaking to my uncle Ben on Saturday and said that Aaron Ramsey was almost certain to be the unanimous choice for footballer of the year.

He took the glass of champagne out of my hand and said "You mean Wayne Rooney, don't you?"

I told him that he had made a very good point and promptly went home.

And that makes coming home all the sweeter .....  Ahl brave the dark at St. James's Park, At the Gallowgate End in the rain, Ahm coming home..

Tbf I was speaking to my uncle Ben on Saturday and said that Aaron Ramsey was almost certain to be the unanimous choice for footballer of the year.

He took the glass of champagne out of my hand and said "You mean Wayne Rooney, don't you?"

:lol:

Elaborate, friend.

On mobile so can't really go too crazy, but it comes across that everything Rafa does has significant purpose behind it when it comes to transfers. It takes him and his associates a long time to do background checks and he's excellent at selling the club and his vision for how the team will play.

He appeared to understand exactly where we were weakest last season and pretty much remedied things, bar the second winger he didn't get (Knockaert). I doubt we'll get everything he wants again this time around but if he even gets close we'll be alright.

If we'd got Knockaert we'd have been unstoppable last season like :lol:

Elaborate, friend.

Cheers. :thup:

Rafa. :love:

And that makes coming home all the sweeter .....  Ahl brave the dark at St. James's Park, At the Gallowgate End in the rain, Ahm coming home..

It's a bit of an anthem in our house, my 6yo loves it.. she was disappointed however to find out after 3 years that mackems dont actually wear bin bags for clothes.

It's a bit of an anthem in our house, my 6yo loves it.. she was disappointed however to find out after 3 years that mackems dont actually wear bin bags for clothes.

Eh? Am I being whooshed? Have I forgotten a verse of Coming Home Newcastle? Or what?

Elaborate, friend.

If we'd got Knockaert we'd have been unstoppable last season like :lol:

Just thinking :lol: we'd have absolutely bummed almost everyone :lol:

Eh? Am I being whooshed? Have I forgotten a verse of Coming Home Newcastle? Or what?

That was just something I told her when she was 3 and kept it up for a few years ;D

I owned up after I showed her this.

“I want to play as much as I can but I know the club needs to bring in the new players to pull everyone in the right direction because it will give everyone a boost we need.

“I am all for new signings. I am just looking forward to the new season. There is pressure that comes with the shirt, I know what I have to do.

Rafa post-match, asked about if the defending for their goal showed there is room for improvement:

Always in the first game, you can be sure that you will see some things [going] right and especially you will see some things [going] wrong, because you need to adjust the team... hopefully we can bring [in] some players and we can have what we are looking for.

Key capacity? Steady on.

And Jack Colback must have started the majority of games under Rafa in the PL and Championship but we all know he's shit. It's not as simple as saying that Rafa's hasn't axed him so he must be good at what he does.

Key capacity? Steady on.

And Jack Colback must have started the majority of games under Rafa in the PL and Championship but we all know he's shit. It's not as simple as saying that Rafa's hasn't axed him so he must be good at what he does.

He's u21/23 head coach or something isn't he? It's not like he's the waterboy.

That doesn't make him good by default, of course, I'm just wondering why Rafa would tolerate such an abject failure in the youth setup at a club that has struggled chronically to produce home grown players.

As you said, it's a failure and needs an overhaul. As much as I rate him more than most it's an absolute embarrassment that Paul Dummett's the best player to come through the setup in the past decade.

As you said, it's a failure and needs an overhaul. As much as I rate him more than most it's an absolute embarrassment that Paul Dummett's the best player to come through the setup in the past decade.

Better than Andy Carroll?

Key capacity? Steady on.

It's easier to replace coaching/backroom staff than players.

Did he or your aunt May say anything about responsibility?