Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Really hope we get Kenedy too, I'm guessing there's no fresh news on that?

All I saw was from .com:

A seventh signing is also in the offing, with protracted negotiations to loan Chelsea's Kenedy now close to a resolution - and an offer from a Turkish club rejected.

London press saying it's been stopped/delayed due to Conte being at war with the board over signings.

I wonder if he was entirely happy about Matic being sold to Man U.

Even stranger than Cech being sold to Arsenal.

Bloke on twitter posted this and a photo.

Cédric Carrasso who is a Bordeaux player (GK) is on the same flight as me back to Newcastle from Paris #nufc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was linked with us a few weeks ago on twitter as well, so could happen.

Just over two weeks of the transfer window left. No sign of anything of note happening, basically doing the absolute bare minimum yet again and hoping it's enough.

Am I allowed to say this summer's been a fucking disgrace yet? They're laughing at us.

Just over two weeks of the transfer window left. No sign of anything of note happening, basically doing the absolute bare minimum yet again and hoping it's enough.

Am I allowed to say this summer's been a f***ing disgrace yet? They're laughing at us.

Absolutely.

I feel like we need Joselu in tomorrow and that is Daryl replaced. But for this window to be even semi respectable we need to shift the deadwood and sign 2 more players in the "12mil+" bracket, each.

Am I allowed to say this summer's been a f***ing disgrace yet? They're laughing at us.

If it ends with just Joselu through the door now then it's been an absolute farce. We need a GK and a LB, along with a goalscorer and a creative midfielder. That should be the absolute minimum we're aiming for but I've no faith we'll even come close.

Mike Ashley is a fucking cunt.

It's been the worst transfer window I can remember, easily.

We've had less active windows but not with a squad this poor.

It's strange like. Me and some mates were saying our championship window was better than this. Say for example we got promoted with a different squad, and it was this window we signed Ritchie for 12mil, Gayle for 10mil and Yedlin etc. We would probably agree, that while not amazing, they are competitive signings for a team expecting to fight for survival.

Guest firetotheworks

When you put it into the context of Pardew and McClaren having relatively expensive, often overpriced, but highly rated players thrown at them at times, it's tragic. The best manager the club could possibly attract if it was already doing well, being restricted from buying realistic, promising, and reasonably priced players, by the owner of the club that single handedly put the club into a position where having that manager is the biggest get out of jail the owner and the club could ever dream of. It really is a masterpiece in incompetence.

It hasn't been good but I think there's been worse. The Anita summer was ridiculous, the Remy one arguably even moreso. The one where we signed Bowyer set us back and the window under Roeder where we signed Martins and Duff was rubbish (Oba aside).

This has been frustrating but we've signed some decent-looking players in positions that we needed to strengthen/bolster numbers-wise, so compared to those ones mentioned I'd say it's marginally better. Especially given the marketplace, given the amount of dross we can't shift and given the fact we've just come up. But to be outspent by the likes of Brighton and Huddersfield is obviously an embarrassment and is yet another example of the bullshit board and owner we have.

Absolutely.

I feel like we need Joselu in tomorrow and that is Daryl replaced. But for this window to be even semi respectable we need to shift the deadwood and sign 2 more players in the "12mil+" bracket, each.

Who are they though? Unless you go abroad and get some unproven players, players you'd expect to be £12m these days in the Prem the club will ask for £20m.  End up having to pay £12m for shite Prem players actually worth like £5m and wouldnt improve us anyway

Absolutely.

Who are they though? Unless you go abroad and get some unproven players, players you'd expect to be £12m these days in the Prem the club will ask for £20m.  End up having to pay £12m for s**** Prem players actually worth like £5m and wouldnt improve us anyway

I'm not Graham Carr ffs :lol:

I did say 12 plus like. That's the minimum outlay we need to spend on 2 players. Unfortunately the chance of us spending around £30mil on 2 players looks worlds away. But it's what we need, so.

It hasn't been good but I think there's been worse. The Anita summer was ridiculous, the Remy one arguably even moreso. The one where we signed Bowyer set us back and the window under Roeder where we signed Martins and Duff was rubbish (Oba aside).

This has been frustrating but we've signed some decent-looking players in positions that we needed to strengthen/bolster numbers-wise, so compared to those ones mentioned I'd say it's marginally better. Especially given the marketplace, given the amount of dross we can't shift and given the fact we've just come up. But to be outspent by the likes of Brighton and Huddersfield is obviously an embarrassment and is yet another example of the bullshit board and owner we have.

Aye, this is pretty much how I feel as well.

Sibierski was a hero for us.  One of my all time favorites.

I would say that's the cost for the relegation, and the fact that Ashley unwilling to give out his own money. 

I actually think it's a decent window considering our limitation of fund.  Our purchases all looks great deals (early stage though) and our starting eleven are strong enough to contain the best team in the league.  That's a looooooot better than I expect.

If we are lucky to shift the dead woods before the deadline close, and able to bring in 1 more CB and 1 veteran GK, then we would be fine.

9 of the 11 v Spurs was our Championship team. The same team that lost 10 games in the Championship and that most of us agreed back in May would get murdered in the Premier League.

11 v 11 we looked capable of stopping Spurs from scoring, which is a positive and it's something Rafa is very good at, but at some point we are going to have to break teams down and take 3 points. All of our signings look like punts because, with the possible exception of Lejeune, none have impressed consistently at this level at any stage of their careers. That's not to say they are bad punts, but we needed at least a couple of players who've done it consistently at a high level, players who the selling club want to keep or who other clubs are also fighting for. We still need those players.

That's why we cannot sell Mitrovic at this moment.  Normally to break team down, the options are counter attack, magic plays or aerial threat.  We have pacy wingers and striker (Atsu, Gayle), we don't have magicians (like HBA), so we still need some aerial threat.  Mitrovic is decent, and let's hope Joselu is even better at this.

In the end, what we need most is a bunch of players that can 100% carried out our manager's plan.  Rafa is our best weapon.  As long as we have players who listen to Rafa, and able to carried out the tactics on pitch (as shown vs Spurs), we are a mid table team.  We are much better than when we relegate, as a team, not as individual.

I think the window has been disappointing, but not terrible like some of the examples people have given where only one or two players were brought in and then with more regard to their prices than what was needed on the pitch.

Since Murphy was brought in for 10M, I think there must be other money for a striker. Otherwise that purchase smacks of mistaken priorities. I think we'll see a keeper come in too. They both may be well down Benitez' lists however.

With a better keeper, Yedlin or better backup RB, better backup LB, better/more competition at CB, better than Colback CM, better LM options, and Gayle + better backup strikers, we should do mid-table type okay so long as Rafa is around.