Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I miss the good old days of 2007 when this board went mental at Darren Bent moving to Tottenham for "crazy money" (£16.5 million).

Also, I've been looking at old threads 'cause I'm well bored right now :lol:

So United linked with a move for Diafra Sakho at West Ham - a player who probably won’t get pulses racing on Tyneside but who would fit the bill of the kind of target Benitez is looking at in this loan window.

He has some really exciting targets - at least one England international has been discussed - but at the moment with doubts about his budget, he’s looking for players he knows he should be able to afford. Loans may not be as expensive as permanent deals but there’s still substantial fees to pay along with wages and other financial considerations. So someone like Sakho probably comes in the more affordable bracket.

He may not be a big hitter but players like him will offer Benitez another option and that’s what he’ll be looking to do in January: stock up his squad, give himself a chance to play in a different way and hopefully add players with some Premier League experience.

Ings? Hart? Kane?

Walcott?

Over reliance on Lascelles points me towards Shawcross being a possible international we would be in a position to look at - and have genuine interest if the takeover meant the money is there.

Over reliance on Lascelles points me towards Shawcross being a possible international we would be in a position to look at - and have genuine interest if the takeover meant the money is there.

Ronaldo likes this post.

Ronaldo likes this post.

Is Ronaldo still on here? Haven't seen him post in a long time.

Guest neesy111

Ronaldo likes this post.

Nope, disappeared.

Ronaldo likes this post.

Nope, disappeared.

Victim of cyber bullying?

Ronaldo likes this post.

Nope, disappeared.

Victim of cyber bullying?

I believe there was a general election.

According to Sky's transfer podcast thing Rafa does want Luiz and Sturridge on loan but we can't afford it. Even if we could he doesn't know his budget so he'd be ringing up agents and replying that he doesn't know when asked how much in wages, signing on fees et cetera will be. What a farce this is.

Mitrovic being linked with a move to the Mexican club Club América.

Curious. They were linked with Luuk de Jong a few days ago.

Chief scout must be a character!

Probably Graham Carr