Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We have all heard plenty of blurb over the years about the business model. They’ll want to get the salaries off the books before they commit to loans and the kind of salaries we all might hope we have to pay for the quality of player we would like to see come in. Removing these commitments (Mitro and Colback mainly, I would imagine ) as well as whatever transfer fee we recoup could fund decent loan signings for the rest of the season. I sincerely hope that this timeframe is all that is important, before finances change.

I see only 4 players that we could get rid of: Colback, Mitrovic, Saivet and Haïdara.

Mitrovic would require an immediate replacement, and I’m guessing we’ll need some depth for CM if Saivet goes too.

£10m tops from them, £125k p/w off the wage bill. That's probably one incoming signing. Lot of pressure.

The Sun are almost certainly talking shite mind. Even if it's true, it will be pure guesswork from their part.

We all know the score. We get a couple of loans in and that will be that.

Players i wouldn´t mind selling this window.

Darlow or Elliot (needs replacement)

Joselu (just play Mitro)

Haidara

Colback

Saivet or Diame (needs replacement)

Gamez

Won't get much for that lot.

I see only 4 players that we could get rid of: Colback, Mitrovic, Saivet and Haïdara.

Mitrovic would require an immediate replacement, and I’m guessing we’ll need some depth for CM if Saivet goes too.

£10m tops from them, £125k p/w off the wage bill. That's probably one incoming signing. Lot of pressure.

Mitrovic should get us €12-15m. I would be surprised if we got lower. It’s £7m in 2015 money. We bought him for £12m.

Colback and Haidara will be going on a free, we’ll probably have to eat some cash as well ie subsidising their wages.

Not sure about Saivet.

This should open up the wage budget for 2 players. The transfer budget should be separate IMO because we have a lot of financial room given how little we spent in the summer.