Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Supposedly we could sign a defender by Monday according to Douglas.

Rafa isn't fucking about.

We'll have a better team than last year at this rate :smug:

According to Mark Douglas we want a LB, RB, and two CB, one of the CB we want has to have championship experience but with the quality to be able to play in the premier league should we be promoted.

Yes please!

According to Mark Douglas we want a LB, RB, and two CB, one of the CB we want has to have championship experience but with the quality to be able to play in the premier league should we be promoted.

I take it you got that from his facebook thing? because he seems to think we want a midfielder and another forward too.

Then it's on to the next one, and Newcastle are looking at TWO centre-backs. One has Championship experience, I'm told (no names that I can hand out at the moment, I'm afraid) and like the rest of the signings they're being brought in with a view to bolster the squad this season but not to be discarded if the club are promoted. Benitez believes with Gayle he can develop the player and that there is enough raw material there to potentially turn him into a prolific goalscorer in the top tier. United also want a left-back, a right-back, another forward and a midfielder - but that depends on whether can clear the decks.

Ooooh ... nice! Another forward too?!

Think we're going to see a lot of folks leave if we are looking at all of those positions. Including some we might not be expecting to leave, like Mbemba and Mitro too.

Think we're going to see a lot of folks leave if we are looking at all of those positions. Including some we might not be expecting to leave, like Mbemba and Mitro too.

Mbemba and Mitro will stay, almost 100% sure of this.

Maybe with Mitro but i think we need two CBs anyway, just looking at it from a pure numbers point of view really. Colo and Taylor are both going, i know they are shit but they are still bodies Rafa would likely want to replace.

I don't think Mitro is a Rafa player, at all.  But I love the mad fucker, so I hope he stays. 

I'd be gutted if Mbemba went, but I am hopeful we keep hold of him.  Remember we lost Taylor and Colo, too.  So if we get two centre backs in.  It could easily be a player to push for a starting place and another as more of a backup. 

Yeah, you guys are right. We really only have two centre backs as things stand, in Mbemba and Lascelles. Makes sense to be after two of them.

As far as strikers go we currently have Cisse, Ayoze, Mitrovic, Gouffran and Riviere. Siem De Jong also at a push. We've since added Gayle. Major glut in that area at the minute.

This is the thing, im just as excited about Rafa getting rid of the dross that we've had to accept and hope might be decent as well as whatever signings he makes.

I wouldn't be surprised if we choose to save some money by padding the squad with some of the average players we already have, then spend the money in the even of promotion.

I understand that, but then my other thought it "what if the deadwood is also shoyte at championship level? We will never get rid of them, so maybe best to peddle them now, rather than risk paddling with them later".

I wouldn't be surprised if we choose to save some money by padding the squad with some of the average players we already have, then spend the money in the even of promotion.

Not if Rafa feckin says not, he the man.

I understand that, but then my other thought it "what if the deadwood is also shoyte at championship level? We will never get rid of them, so maybe best to peddle them now, rather than risk paddling with them later".

Quite a few of them are out of contract next summer- Anita, Cisse, Gouffran, Tiote. Fuck knows what we will do with Saivet.

Quite a few of them are out of contract next summer- Anita, Cisse, Gouffran, Tiote. Fuck knows what we will do with Saivet.

Give him a go, he looked decent enough with what little we have seen

Guest chopey

Grant Hanley according to my information.

Big Scottish lump with a massive head perfect for the championship, new captain ?

Is Gouffran still on the books? ffs

Let's start clearing out some of the utter shit we have pls

Easier said than done. They're all on Premiership wages. They'd all be taking a significant pay cut if they leave. Not many of them seem too bothered about a lack of playing time.