Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some decent fees being bandied about for us, in the Championship. £10m for Gayle, £12m for Ritchie. Wew.

£13m for Townsend and no doubt £12-15 for Sissoko. Swings and roundabouts. Only difference is we are buying before selling for once.

Wijnaldum will probably go for more than we paid for him as well. Bin Cisse, Riviere, maybe Tiote, preferably Colback somehow and sign some reinforcements in defence and midfield pls.

Some decent fees being bandied about for us, in the Championship. £10m for Gayle, £12m for Ritchie. Wew.

£13m for Townsend and no doubt £12-15 for Sissoko. Swings and roundabouts. Only difference is we are buying before selling for once.

That's my whole point though. :lol:

All relative, Still think there'll be at least 50million incoming before september.

Theses new signings are Graham Carr.

Gayle & Ritchie the goalie, I just don't believe Raffa could have seen enough of Gayle or Ritchie to know anything more than even the average football fan.

I'm not saying they are bad signings, we will have to wait and see, but I don't think they're Raffa identified, and I'm still thinking Raffa is not 100% in total control.

Time will tell.

You're a troll.

All relative, Still think there'll be at least 50million incoming before september.

Doesn't mean we have to spend it. My point was that these are big signings by our standards.

The only reason Townsend can leave for £13m is because there is a relegation clause to be activated should a player turn out to be a slimy little shit. No harm done really, we still haven't lost money on the deal.

Sissoko is a different matter. He signed a contract extension, if he leaves the price will be closer to £20m otherwise he's going nowhere. Same goes for Wijnaldum. It's not like we are desperate to keep any player, we just won't be played for mugs.

Probably would help you make it if you say it :lol:

Gayle & Ritchie the goalie, I just don't believe Raffa could have seen enough of Gayle or Ritchie to know anything more than even the average football fan.

I'm not saying they are bad signings, we will have to wait and see, but I don't think they're Raffa identified, and I'm still thinking Raffa is not 100% in total control.

Time will tell.

What the hell?

Rafa has a whole underground basement dedicated to his encyclopaediac knowledge of all players. He knows about the packet of quavers that Mark Noble ate when he was 14.

Probably would help you make it if you say it :lol:

'for us' ;)

Time will tell.

What the hell?

Rafa has a whole underground basement dedicated to his encyclopaediac knowledge of all players. He knows about the packet of quavers that Mark Noble ate when he was 14.

That's sealed it then. :lol: Still questions to be asked why Carr is still here though? If your in total control surley Carr would have been gone for all the poor recruitment. Something doesn't sit right about it all. But obviously I'm a troll etc now for having a glimmer of doubt.

Why?, Carr never started with the kind of control he had.  He was a scout with some connections that helped us sign certain players but he never ran (or part ran anyway) recruitment originally.  He was obviously put in a role above that and failed (though that has to be tempered by the fact that every player he signed had to be agreed with a committee).  But there's no reason at all why he can't assist Rafa, with the manager making the final decisions to make sure the transfers are of a quality he needs.  Fact is Benitez wouldn't be here if he wasn't in control of all Football matters, that's obvious.

Carr is just a head scout man. He'll stil be useful to have around and use his contacts too, and bounce ideas off of. As long as he's not making the final call what is the palava? Rafa obviously didn't feel he was completely worthless, and so didn't bin him off.

We have no idea how much influence Carr has and we never have had. The club have never told us, Carr has never told us and none of the idiot managers we have had have told us. It's all just speculation and conjecture, as is believing Rafa has 100 % control on who leaves and who joins. We hope he has but unless he publicly states it's the case we are guessing again. Pretty sure he didn't want Townshend to leave....

We have no idea how much influence Carr has and we never have had. The club have never told us, Carr has never told us and none of the idiot managers we have had have told us. It's all just speculation and conjecture, as is believing Rafa has 100 % control on who leaves and who joins. We hope he has but unless he publicly states it's the case we are guessing again. Pretty sure he didn't want Townshend to leave....

Accept he does have control it was stated many times when he resigned.

And Townsend had a release clause, there is nothing anyone can do about that once it was put into his contract.

They made it clear in the past that the "coach" never had full control of transfers and that the board, of which Carr was a member, made the decision together.  Even back with Keegan they were vague at times on who had control.  They've now stated 100% unequivocally that Benitez has full control over all Football related matters.  If anyone thinks he'd sign a new contract without concrete assurances of that or sit by while people claim he's making all the decisions when he isn't they're mad, he'd be off in a shot.

Also what does Townsend have to do with it?, having full control over transfers doesn't mean you can force players to stay when they have release clauses.

Other than selling Townsend this has gone too well, but even with that it seems Ritchie is in as a direct payment, there seems like a plan in place. It is good we are identifying targets and getting it done with little fuss. Look at the length of the threads compared to the saga's the previous years.

There will be some kickers with player sales I know that, but outside Mitro, Perez and Mbemba I wouldn't be too fussed on losing anyone else. I still retain hope that Wijnaldum could come good, he has the talent the question mark is over his heart.

I am always nervous about being too optimistic over Newcastle there is always a kick in the cock around the corner. :)

Yeah there will obviously be sales, it's inevitable with the players we have and the contracts they have, so you are right more incoming are needed. As long as we buy replacements I'm not too arsed on losing anyone, though Townsend would probably be my last sale on any list of our players.

Compare these signings to the last time we went down:

Aug 2009 Danny Simpson Manchester United Loan

Sep 2009 Peter Lovenkrands Unattached Free

Sep 2009 Zurab Khizanishvili Blackburn Rovers Loan

Sept 2009 Marlon Harewood Aston Villa Loan

Nov 2009 Fabrice Pancrate Unattached Free

:lol:

Compare these signings to the last time we went down:

Aug 2009 Danny Simpson Manchester United Loan

Sep 2009 Peter Lovenkrands Unattached Free

Sep 2009 Zurab Khizanishvili Blackburn Rovers Loan

Sept 2009 Marlon Harewood Aston Villa Loan

Nov 2009 Fabrice Pancrate Unattached Free

:lol:

and we walked the league then.  This season's gonna be fun  :happy1:

According to Mark Douglas we want a LB, RB, and two CB, one of the CB we want has to have championship experience but with the quality to be able to play in the premier league should we be promoted.

According to Mark Douglas we want a LB, RB, and two CB, one of the CB we want has to have championship experience but with the quality to be able to play in the premier league should we be promoted.

Sounds like Dunk.