Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Murphy was signed as a back-up.  If back-ups aren't needed that's a good thing. 

Not having that back-up would have been bad.

And no point keeping Armstrong around without football for his development.  Rather a proven striker coming towards the end of his career, who is - seemingly - happy to be a reserve.

Rather have spend the relatively ridiculous fee on a young striker, there were free options in his mould we could have got who would have served us better.

Its a shite signing, we've bought key players for not much more.

Newcastle fans still perplexed by the idea of having a squad.

Someone brought Obertan up before, maybe it was to suggest we should have kept him to have a bigger squad? Makes sense now.

Having a squad full of shit doesn't make sense though.

Newcastle fans still perplexed by the idea of having a squad.

Someone brought Obertan up before, maybe it was to suggest we should have kept him to have a bigger squad? Makes sense now.

Having a squad full of shit doesn't make sense though.

Hallelujah praise the Fucking lord.

Probably an unpopular opinion but i'd rather see Murphy start over Perez if Gayle & Mitro were unavailable.

I wonder if that guy will ever get a game for us. :lol:

Started for us against Wolves in the cup for what it's worth

Ah aye so he did. :thup: I knew he'd played against Cheltenham (?) too, I was exaggerating for comic effect more than anything.:pow:

Seems a million miles from getting a league start.

I was tempted to delete the post as I knew what you meant, I doubt he's ever going to get a look in in the league unless Gayle and Mitrovic get injured/sold/out of form.

Delph would probably be amazing in the Championship. Something like a ½ season loan (with option to buy) until the summer so he can get playing time would be good

He's a premier league proven midfielder. He'd be perfect breaking up the play alongside Shelvey if he could stay fit.

He's not a mercenary at all. He left a mid table Championship club to play Premier League football, followed by leaving one of the worst Premier League sides in the history of the competition (where he'd been for 5-6 years) to join a club where he'd have the opportunity to play Champions League football.

It's called progression.

He's not a mercenary at all. He left a mid table Championship club to play Premier League football, followed by leaving one of the worst Premier League sides in the history of the competition (where he'd been for 5-6 years) to join a club where he'd have the opportunity to play Champions League football.

It's called progression.

it's called progression if he actually plays and progresses though, which he isn't doing unless i'm mistaken, nor is he likely to

It's called progression.

How the hell was moving to Man City 'progression'? He never plays! That's before 'progressing' down to the Championship if he signs for us...

Was also rancid the way he fucked Villa around for nowt other than more money.