Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For the t***s who whinge at nufc360...

I've called nufc360 out on that mind because the url linked just quotes Sky Sports, and nowhere says we're the preferred choice. See if they've got another link or if they've just made that bit up.

ROLLEYES

:lol:

The one time they let me down.

Jack Wilshire isn't the kind of signing I would want here given his fitness and attitude. But if it was the end of Colback forever, I could totally live with it.

They play completely different roles, especially in a hypothetical system of Rafa's.

When we buy a pure and proven defensive midfielder it'll be the end of Colback, and obviously it can't come soon enough. Not because I like the role fwiw, in fact it's a bit of a pet hate. But Rafa will always play one or two of them in his midfield.

:lol:

What sort of player is he? DM?

Rumour re Ndiaye (26), to us or West Ham. He plays attacking (mainly),  defensive (25% of time) and centre mid (occasionally) for Osmanlispor.  Whoscored.com list his strengths as dribbling and tackling, scored 7 goals, plus few assists. Rated 12 best (all positions) in Turkish league on their stats system (7.2/10 average rating); which if it means anything is probably better than it sounds given he plays for a poor side. Seems an all rounder, but hardly a signing (if it happens) that will get pulses racing.

Rafa basically saying we now need to sell before we can buy in todays interview in the Chronicle.

We're in major trouble if that does turn out to be the case.

Post the quotes pls.

Asked about bringing in a new striker, Benitez told the Chronicle: “We are trying to change some players.

“We have to wait to see the right offers and then after we will see if we can add some

“I think we need some more players.“I wouldn’t say how many, but it also depends on the market.

“Mike convinced me he would give us the last penny of the money available.

“We are not asking for more, we are asking for the money we can use.

“We can generate some more money. Hopefully we can do that.”

I may be wrong but it comes across as a need to sell before we buy to me. We quite clearly need to ship out the deadwood but we still need at least another 4 signings IMO.

It's going to be a interesting few weeks.

Guest neesy111

Mitrovic is the one that needs to go, he's a waste of space IMO.

He's not a waste of space, but him being sold could help our budget massively for someone who will be 2nd/3rd choice based on current form.

We haven't actually 'spent' much have we?

Sorry Ash hadn't seen the transfer tracker thread :cheesy: I thought we got 5 mil for Anita?

I'm assuming the money recouped for Thauvin, Murphy and Anita cover the cost of Lejeune and Atsu/Manquillo? or thereabouts?

So outlay is really just the new young winger so far? The two youngsters Varney (?) and the lad from York can't have cost much.

Hanley, Mitrovic and some of the other dross should get maybe 10-12 million?

We haven't really improved the central spine of the team at all ffs